main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

StL's Fan Force wide: Galactic Battlegrounds Tourney!!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The St. Louis Fan Force is hosting a Galactic Battle Grounds: Clone Campaigns tournament. Anyone involved in Fan Force is welcome to play. At stake: colors, a title, and city wide bragging rights.

The Rules
    1. If more than 2 people from each Fan Force wish to play, a preliminary round will determine which members will be allowed to play. This way by the time the games reach the national level, each Fan Force has the same number of representatives, with out slowing down the tournament too much. Just must notify the game master, Jedi_Dajuan, by 9/12/04 via PM if you?re interested in playing. (A tourney bracket will be created by the start date.)

2. Players must be a posting member of your FF since at least August of ?04 before the start of the games.

3. You will need the Clone Campaigns Expansion pack to play. Also be sure to download the update from here. If you do not download it you will not be able to play.

4. No cheats allowed.

5. You may be any civilization you wish.

6. All games but the final will have the following specs
    7. :
      • Type: Random Map

• Map Type: Star Wars Local

• Map Size: Normal (6 player)

• Resources: High

• Population: 250

• Reveal Map: Normal

• Initial Tech: Standard

• Victory: Standard

8. The final game will be a Death Match.

9. You will be allowed a week in which to play your game. If a longer time is needed the game master will need to approve it.

10. Both players will need to PM Jedi_Dajuan the result of the game. Be honest. If someone is found to be cheating/lying he or she will be removed from the game and banned for 24 hours.

11. The host of the games will be determined by the players. Whoever has the fastest connection, and no home network, should host it.

12. Players may forfeit if necessary.

13. Be polite to one another. Friendly taunts are fine, but nothing board unfriendly.

14. Prize is titles and colors for the winning team, and bragging rights for the winning city.

Games start the 20th of September and continue until they?re done.

All game updates will be posted both here and on the StL boards in this thread. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

Let the gaming begin!!

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I am posting this in the San Diego forum and the Pacific Regional forum. Did you post it in the Fanforce Activities forum yet?

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks MJF! And nope, but I will do that shortly!

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Question from a Mos Alba member:

Is full Tech tree for each civ going to be allowed or not?

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Tech level will be Standard and only the ones that are normally supported by your race.

6. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    Just a question... how will the different time-zones issues be addressed? An example of the problem I mean is: part of the users interested work or study and might not be able to play a game against a different time-zoned team due to work schedule restrictions if the other team also has a player whose day off work is different from the other team's player...

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Just a question... how will the different time-zones issues be addressed? An example of the problem I mean is: part of the users interested work or study and might not be able to play a game against a different time-zoned team due to work schedule restrictions if the other team also has a player whose day off work is different from the other team's player...

I've been thinking a lot about this. Each game will get a week in which to be played. If necessary, the players can extend a couple days beyond that. Even if I matched up people in similar time-zones for the first couple rounds it wouldn't help with the later rounds.

I guess this will have to be looked at on a case by case basis. If a pair simply cannot make a time/date agreement, perhaps a proxy could take one of the player's places, I'm not sure about that yet though. Asking them both to forfeit would simply not be right.

One guideline for the game is if you don't have enough free time to be flexible, don't sign-up, it is really not fair to the other players. Just be considerate of timezone differences.

I realize this does not fully answer your question, but truthfully I hadn't thought about it until you brought it up.

If I come up with a better idea I will post it here. Also ideas/suggestions are alwyas welcome.

8. starwarschile

starwarschile Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2002
    Thank's Jedi_Dajuan from Chile

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have the tourney brackets ready. I will post them when I got home.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_ vs. YoungJedi11

BrotherHalo vs. VoijaRisa

Hama vs. TIEPilot051999

usr=654338]HeonKaar vs. Slaveone_2

Jedi_Commander_Faofa vs. Robert-A-Fett

Jedi_Master_Casey vs. Oscar_the_Gungan

Kehleyr vs. MeriWyn

LetoQuorme has a by week this week, sorry buddy. After that there will be no by weeks. Just had an odd number this round. If someone drops out in the first round, Leto will take his/her place.
    Please contact your partner ASAP to arrange a game time. You have until 9/29 to play this round. Other rounds will only last about a week, with a couple days in between each round for stragglers. I gave a couple extra days this time so everyone gets a change to contact eachother and if there needs to be player changes we have time for it.

If you do NOT hear from your partner by September 23rd, please contact me and I will help find him/her or get you antoher partner.

How to do an online game:
    Starting/Playing an internet game is easy. You just click on the multi-player option on the main screen. If you host the game be sure you have "Internet TCP/IP connection for DirectPlay" highlights and then just click create game. You set all the standards for the game. You also will need to find your IP address to give the other player. Just click the little box on the middle bottom of the screen that says IP.

If you aren't hosting (and if you're in dial-up I suggest not hosting) just get the IP addy from the other player and on the multiplayer screen click "Join Game" and put in the IP address. Be sure to keep the dots in the address, they are important.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

I tried to get brackets to look right on here but alas, did not work. I am working on a way to post them in some way shape or form. It may just be a link to a word doc. I am happy to answer any questions about who you will be playing next.

11. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Me and Hama just tried to have our game, but neither one of us to connect to the other's game. We both have the 1.1 update, so that wasn't a problem. He shut down his firewall, and I have none. (At least none that I'm aware of, at any rate.)

Anyone got any help?

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You tried the IP version of the game and entered the IP address complete with dots right? IM me if you want me to give you a hand trying to set up a game with me to see where the problem is. I'm on AIM (Jedidajuan) and yahoo (jedi_Dajuan).

13. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, the problem's not on my end, apparently. Dajuan was able to access my game on a test run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.