main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO StL's Galactic Battlegrounds tourney!! Official game thread.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The St. Louis Fan Force is hosting a Galactic Battle Grounds: Clone Campaigns tournament. Anyone involved in Fan Force is welcome to play. At stake: colors, a title, and city wide bragging rights.

The Rules
    1. As many players from each Fan Force that wish to play may. Just must notify the game master, Jedi_Dajuan, by 9/12/04 via PM if you?re interested in playing. (A tourney bracket will be created by the start date.)

2. Players must be a posting member of your FF for at least 2 months before the start of the games.

3. No cheats allowed.

4. You may be any civilization you wish.

5. All games but the final will have the following specs
    6. :
      • Type: Random Map

• Map Type: Star Wars Local

• Map Size: Normal (6 player)

• Resources: High

• Population: 250

• Reveal Map: Normal

• Initial Tech: Standard

• Victory: Standard

7. The final game will be a Death Match.

8. You will be allowed a week in which to play your game. If a longer time is needed the game master will need to approve it.

9. Both players will need to PM Jedi_Dajuan the result of the game. Be honest. If someone is found to be cheating/lying he or she will be removed from the game and banned for 24 hours.

10. The host of the games will be determined by the players. Whoever has the fastest connection, and no home network, should host it.

11. Players may forfeit if necessary.

12. Be polite to one another. Friendly taunts are fine, but nothing board unfriendly.

13. Prize is titles and colors for the winner, and bragging rights for the winning city.

Games start the 20th of September and continue until they?re done.

Feel free to post or PM any questions or comments. I will post the tourney brackets and game updates here!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Please let me know what I should change, alter here before I present this to all of Fan Force. I plan to post this in the CR boards and one of the FF community boards, don't knwo which would be the best yet.

3. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Looks good to me....

4. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    dag, I dont' have this game and have never played it... but the rules look good. Although I'm confused on one point: is this FF-wide? or just St. L?

5. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    *sobs* I can't do it! I'm too recent... :_| I assume it would be a play-by-post set up?

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    FF-wide. I can post deet's Katy if you want.

7. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    ...I have no idea what anyone is talking about here. :_|

8. GrandJediMaster

GrandJediMaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Daujan, is it just for Clone Campaigns, or can people who just GB play to?

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    ...I have no idea what anyone is talking about here.

After talking to a couple members, I thought it's be fun for StL to host a game on the boards. Lots of boards do it. They give away colors and titles as the prize. We decided that GB would be best, because we love playing it here so much.

As for GB vs Clone Campaigns, I'm thinking that most people have CC by now. I suppose if both parties agree regular GB can be played.

But seriously dude, you can pick it up for like $20 or less now, why don't you have it yet?? It's so much more fun than regular GB.

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Hmmm.. Looks good Dajuan! The only thing is, and it's been a peeve of mine, and I might be revealing a weakness of my playing abilities, but can we just maybe please tell people that the GUNGANS are OUTLAWED?!? They're so cheap...

11. JediUruviel

Aug 22, 2004
    FF-wide. I can post deet's Katy if you want.

What? This means I can do it or not? *is confused again* *mutters* stupid brain farts...

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    JCF, they may be cheap but they stink, so that cancels them out. Really they are good on water maps and that's it, but your changes of getting a water map are pretty slim.

Katy, I'm sorry you can't this time, maybe next time though. The two month clause is so a person can't just join Fan Force to play the game. I want this to be a FF only game. I forsee us doing this again, so you will get to play later when all the kinks are worked out. I'd be happy to play versus you individually any time you want though.

13. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'd be happy to play versus you individually any time you want though.

Ditto.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    UPDATED RULES:

The St. Louis Fan Force is hosting a Galactic Battle Grounds: Clone Campaigns tournament. Anyone involved in Fan Force is welcome to play. At stake: colors, a title, and city wide bragging rights.

The Rules
    1. If more than 2 people from each Fan Force wish to play, a preliminary round will determine which members will be allowed to play. This way by the time the games reach the national level, each Fan Force has the same number of representatives, with out slowing down the tournament too much. Just must notify the game master, Jedi_Dajuan, by 9/12/04 via PM if you?re interested in playing. (A tourney bracket will be created by the start date.)

2. Players must be a posting member of your FF since at least August of ?04 before the start of the games.

3. You will need the Clone Campaigns Expansion pack to play. Also be sure to download the update from here. If you do not download it you will not be able to play.

4. No cheats allowed.

5. You may be any civilization you wish.

6. All games but the final will have the following specs
    7. :
      • Type: Random Map

• Map Type: Star Wars Local

• Map Size: Normal (6 player)

• Resources: High

• Population: 250

• Reveal Map: Normal

• Initial Tech: Standard

• Victory: Standard

8. The final game will be a Death Match.

9. You will be allowed a week in which to play your game. If a longer time is needed the game master will need to approve it.

10. Both players will need to PM Jedi_Dajuan the result of the game. Be honest. If someone is found to be cheating/lying he or she will be removed from the game and banned for 24 hours.

11. The host of the games will be determined by the players. Whoever has the fastest connection, and no home network, should host it.

12. Players may forfeit if necessary.

13. Be polite to one another. Friendly taunts are fine, but nothing board unfriendly.

14. Prize is titles and colors for the winning team, and bragging rights for the winning city.

Games start the 20th of September and continue until they?re done.

15. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Question from a Mos Alba member:

Is full Tech tree for each civ going to be allowed or not?

16. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Tech level will be Standard and only the ones that are normally supported by your race.

17. JediUruviel

Aug 22, 2004
    Katy, I'm sorry you can't this time, maybe next time though. The two month clause is so a person can't just join Fan Force to play the game. I want this to be a FF only game. I forsee us doing this again, so you will get to play later when all the kinks are worked out. I'd be happy to play versus you individually any time you want though.

If I ever got the game, sure. As long as I can help referee with you, I'm peachy.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    What VoijaRisa said ;)

19. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    hey look im back again. this sounds like fun, but can i make a suggestion? no air cruisers, they are the cheapest thing in the game

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sorry rules are finalized and sent out to everyone. Also cruiser cost a ton, what are you talking about?

21. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    no air cruisers

They're actually quite weak if you know what to do against them....

EDIT: Anyone wanting to play some pick up games to get me some practice let me know.

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Are we talking about those ships I like to call Nuke ships? ;) Those things are easy to take down. And I do enjoy using them... The games won't last that long though, Tech Level wise.

23. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, I am pretty sure he meant cheap like, using those is cheap, or thats a cheesy way of playing, or they are broken. And for some reason I can't actually think of a non-gamer way of describing them.

24. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    yes i meant cheap as in i think of it as cheating because one shot can take down too many troops

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, that's true. If you have the Droid army.. ;) Most human troops can somewhat take the hits better from the "nuke ships" than the droids can.

I say, if it is in the game, of course it is fair, but geez, I still think those Gungans are as annoying as heck. [face_beatup] :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.