Spring, MO StL's Official Costuming thread!!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudeman Jedi Knight

star 3
    ok, thats a little higher than i was hoping so i am out, but i still want to do the robe and saber class thing still
  2. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Could anyone make a Jedi Robe tutorial on May 23rd? It's a Sunday, I'm thinking of starting at 10 or 12 so we have all day. Whoever is in the movie and doesn't have robes will need them. This will be a perfect opportunity to make them with an "expert" on hand. Whatever you don't finish you can take home or I will be happy to finish them. You will need a couple bucks (like $50ish) to get everything for the project. We will head to the cloth store right down the street and get all materials and patterns necessary.

Let me know ASAP.
  3. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    ugh
    I leave for Orlando on the 21st.
  4. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    You need one Bri? If you tell me what you are wanting (colors and look, drawing even) I can create it. You can paypal or mail me the cash for the materials. I will be able to give you a pretty good estimate of the costs aftef I know your spec's.
  5. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortunatly its going to be at least a month till I have any money for costuming. I have car insurance due this week, and am in the process of switching jobs. Otherwise I would show up to your jedi robe thing dajuan.
  6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Could anyone make a Jedi Robe tutorial on May 23rd? It's a Sunday, I'm thinking of starting at 10 or 12 so we have all day.

Darn it! I'll be out of town! :( I really wanted to go to one of these too. My weekends are booked until June 6th though, when Faire's over, so I couldn't do something on that on a weekend for a while. :(
  7. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I could always host a second, no worries. We just really need dudeman to get a costume for the movie.
  8. YamaTheHutt Jedi Padawan

If I am in town I will try to make it to the Jedi Robe tutorial.
    I started on Jabba the Hutt today good help me.
    The goal to have Him/Her (Damn Asexual Hutts) done in time for Archon at the end of September so time will be thin Spread I will post pictures as soon as it starts to take shape.
    Yama The Hutt
  9. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I have a friend from work interested in the stormtrooper gear. I might be able to get him to come Monday. He seemed really interested. Any additional people to help defer the cost is a good thing.
  10. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Whho all is going to Yama's thing Monday?
  11. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Doesn't really look like it for me.
  12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    I probably won't be able to go. My parents don't like the idea of driving out past Six Flags to go to the meeting, on a school night too... I really wanted to go, but I don't think I'll be able to make it to this one. Tell me what went on though. :)
  13. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I might take my video camera and record the thing for those interested. Don't know how entertaining it'll be...
  14. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
  15. dudeman Jedi Knight

star 3
    im not gonna be able to go to yamma's thing either
  16. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Yama's thing was interesting. Looks like we're splitting the work into 3 parts:

1) Body Casting: One of Yama's friends has had exeperience doing this and we're assuming will help. We're still planning using Randy for a model since he's an average height and build.

2) Sculpting & Mold Making: This part involves making the clay molds on the body cast and then transforming them into hard plaster ones to make the vacuuform pulls from. Dajuan and I will probably do this

3) Vacuuforming: Yama and his group are looking at doing this.

Also Yama says through US Plastics (if I remember correctly) we can get .6 gauge ABS plastic for $4.95 a sheet. This would be the most expensive individual part so with finding this price, I estimate that the full costume will cost closer to $200-$300. Furthermore, Dajuan says she can make cheaper body suits than the ones I previously listed.

I'm still looking for a good source for the plasticine clay to do the sculpting with, but as of yet haven't found one online. If worse comes to worst, I'll find an art store here in StL and order 20 lbs from there.

So with this revised price, how many people are interested?
  17. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Well damn, I really didnt need my notes. Your brain is far more complete. Dajuan and Randy are still in.
  18. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    So the current list is:
    Jon
    Dajuan
    Randy
    Yama
    2 of the other guys at Yama's thing that I can't remember names for...

So current total is 6.

And now do you see the reason I don't usually take notes in my classes?
  19. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    2 of the other guys at Yama's thing that I can't remember names for...

Yes and now I see why you've missed the 4.0 mark ;)
  20. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Hey I have bad news. I owe a friend a move and she called it in on Sunday. Could you who were planning on attending make it on Saturday the 22nd instead? Start time 12 or 12:30 (I have pictures at 10). If enough can make it I'll do it Saturday, if not I guess I'll have to totally reschedule. Let me know ASAP.
  21. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I've got no life and can make it whenever.
  22. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I went and bought a dremmel tool and several cutting disks today. So I should be set to host a lightsaber making party as soon as I clean my room a bit (Dajuan knows how bad it is). So if everyone that wants to come, draw up a picture of a basic idea and send it to me so I can plan out which stores we'll need to hit.

Also, what day will be good for everyone?
  23. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Tuesday or Thursday all day. MWF after 5, Saturday and Sunday depend on a week to week basis, though I think next weekend is pretty open.
  24. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't know if the weekday times will work for those still in school :confused:

And Dajuan, would Randy be joining you? We need to make him a saber too.
  25. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Jon - what would it cost in terms of parts to make a lightsaber? Forgive me if you've already posted it, I didn't look.

Yes, I'm just that lazy.

Also, if I compensate you for your time (of course), would consider making one for me? I was thinking of one with a hops and barley theme.

Hey, if Obi-Wan can't help himself from whipping his out in bars, I figure a beer-themed lightsaber is appropriate.

Is that wrong?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.