Spring, MO StL's Official Costuming thread!!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yesterday, a couple of the 501st guys told us about ComicCon in Cape Girardeau in April. I think it's like the 20/21 or 21/22, whatever that weekend is. Since B and I can't make it to VisionCon, we're probably going to shoot for that.
  2. JediCirrus Jedi Master

star 1
    When my wife comes back into town, she will be bringing family who will be staying with us for awhile. So we prob can't meet at my house at that point. (My house is going to be a zoo.) I'm sure we will have other times we will meet if you have to push this back or somebody misses it. Let me know what everybody wants to do. I still have no plans the last weekend of Feb (two weeks from now) if anybody still wants to get together.
  3. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    You sure about that? Comic Con is in San Diego, CA and I can't find anything about another one in Missouri.
  4. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    We're sure. It's a second year con.
  5. JediCirrus Jedi Master

star 1
    Cape Girardeau Comic Con will be on April 21 & 22, 2007. As was mentioned, this is the 2nd year for it. A local member of the 501st that lives there is the one that let everybody know about it. Last year they focused on gaming, this year they are focusing on comics to try and bring a bit of a younger audience there.
  6. TK-1161_Curt Jedi Padawan

There are Comic Cons all over the place. Cape is now having one in April. Kansas City has one in May. That's just in Missouri... It's almost become a generic name. lol
  7. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/EarwenLightrider/Darth%20Talon%20Costumes/gwne.jpg]
    Gauntlet made with the leather look alike^
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/EarwenLightrider/Darth%20Talon%20Costumes/ed2.jpg]
    ^Designs to be embroidered on to the gauntlet edges in red
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/EarwenLightrider/Darth%20Talon%20Costumes/ed.jpg]
    ^same as above
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/EarwenLightrider/Darth%20Talon%20Costumes/DarthTalon0022.jpg]
    ^original design to wear as Darth Talon (front)
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/EarwenLightrider/Darth%20Talon%20Costumes/DarthTalon0023.jpg]
    ^back
  8. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Wow Earwen! That is going to look so cool! :D

Here is my dumb question of the day... where is Cape Girardeau? [face_blush] And how far is from here? I am thinking of hitting the one in KC if it will fall in line with one of Steve's guard weekends, just need to find the date. :D
  9. JediCirrus Jedi Master

star 1
    Cape Girardeau is South of us, about 2 hours away. It looks like there should be a good turn-out of the 501st.
  10. JediCirrus Jedi Master

star 1
    So is there still any interest in getting together at my house on the 24th or 25th? If nothing else, we can order some pizza and watch some movies. I know I'll most likely make some mods to my existing costume or start on another that weekend since this will be the first full weekend/con wearing my scout at.
  11. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
  12. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I will be having fun in Wisconsin that weekend. :D

Maybe we can try again in March...
  13. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Since I will miss this one, I vote for doing it again in March also!
  14. Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yay! I just got all of my fabric for my Kaylee costume!

But Susan, I thought you were going to focus first on your Biker Scout and your Visas Marr?

Well yes, I am, but...seee...there was this sale...and I needed...some...

Okay, okay, I'm putting the fabric away and getting out the white plastic. dammit. I'm so easily distracted!
  15. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    Which Kaylee outfit are you making?
  16. Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Knight

star 1
    From "Serenity--Part 1"--the rolled up coveralls with the blue brocade jacket, flip flops, and parasol. Easy, I know, but I'm thinking "comfortable."

What did you think I was going to say? The "Shindig" dress? Heck, no! [face_laugh] Although, I did see a gal who did Inara's "Shindig" dress...very nice.
  17. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Susan, that will be cool! I have so many ideas for costumes and so little money. LOL!
  18. Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ah, it's been a very good day. I'm about 3/4 finished with the blue brocade jacket. Gonna cut the fabric for and start on the flowery stretchy shirt she wears underneath the coveralls.

Also started on my Visas Marr today--got the basic bodice done. Good thing I start Weight Watchers in March, 'cause it's a tad snug!
  19. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Oh I think a Visas Marr costume would be so cool!

20. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Yay! My guns finally came in. I'll try to get some pics of them up. They look pretty good, just need a little care and attention.
  21. Darian_Ordo Jedi Knight

Dajuan, I think Susan told you but I will tell you again. I found a base for the Rebel Endor trooper helmet. I also have a basic idea on how to do the doughnut style armor on it. I should be able to have a relly realistic looking one done and ready to go for Draogon Con. I am thinking about running with a poncho (Mostly to help Susan out by not having to sew me a jacket), cammo pants, combat boots and spats, and all the little bits and pieces. I have the backpack and several weapons already set up so you could say I am about 25% there before one stitch is done.
  22. Darian_Ordo Jedi Knight

I almost forgot. If you still want me to paint your X-Wing helmet let me know. I think I can squeeze it in with no prob.
  23. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I'll put up pics of Doug and I in our Endor gear in a bit. The poncho turned out pretty good :) Let me know what you do with the helmets, I want to make a couple of those eventually too. If you don't mind making my helmet look a little more snazzy I'd appreciate it!
  24. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Double post!

We found more Endor buddies at the game:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Star%20Wars/Hockey%20Night%202007/FFHockey29.jpg]

The rest of the pics

And guns
  25. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    The poncho did come come out well! How did you end up doing it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.