main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO StL's Official Costuming thread!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I wish I had that much :(

2. gilraen

gilraen Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Master_Nawibo_Ibonek, I can probably do the costume in December, if you still need help with it. I have classes ending on the 16th, but I am free for a month, and can get done. Email me if you need...jedi_runya@hotmail.com

3. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Looks like my link was taken down. Anyone interested in taking a look - shoot me an email at darthshoey@yahoo.com and I'll send you the address.

Is it o.k. to post my address here?

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah that's fine Tim. I forgot about the dealer's rule, or I'd have reminded you. Sorry bout that.

5. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I have a rule when it comes to rules.

Unfortunately, it can not be posted here. :)

6. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Jurist: If you're going to be so adamant about enforcing the "no unliscenced dealers rule" take it to the fan films forum too. They don't enforce it there, and there's links all over the place. And Fan Films is a lot more likely to get Lucasfilm's wrath on unliscenced dealers than Fan Force.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Down boy. Rules are rules, and Jurist and I are FF mods, not Fan Films mods. Now, let it go please. Back to costuming.

8. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Oh I get it, your FF mods, not FF mods. Makes perfect sense.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
  10. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Yes... yes, I was a jedi knight. Thanks for noticing. ^_^ And Dajuan, if you remember, I served as your protector at the Science Center. Yes I did! w00t! *waves lightsaber around happily* no, it's not lit. sheesh...

11. JediUruviel

Aug 22, 2004
    Just an addition, I did email the SC pictures to Dajuan.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have them, just haven't converted them to a format I can post yet. I will though.

13. JediUruviel

Aug 22, 2004
    Yay! Now Jon can't yell at me anymore! :D

14. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, I got bit by the bug today. Started the day thinking I wanted to do some scout trooper armor over break, follow it up with some armor as seen on the Master Chief in Halo and Halo 2. Still thinking about that, but now am leaning towards a Vader suit would be pretty sweet, and as a tall guy I might make it work.

Anyway 2 things. One, is anybody interested in doing some armor over winter break? Also, Jon did you buy your vader helmet, or did you build it yourself, and if you did it yourself, how?

15. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    My Vader helmet was bought. However, I hate it. It's a Don Post standard action which is only 3/4 actual size, which is why it looks like I have a shrunken head. To get a full size one will cost AT LEAST $500, and even then it will probably be a model that isn't screen accurate and needs some work.

However, I have seen someone begin work using only mutilated PVC pipes, cut, heated, streched, bent, etc, to create a Vader mask. The project's currently on hold, but it was looking damn nice. If you're interested in trying this, it might be a cheap alternative. Especially if you can find some empty 5 gallon buckets. It's just the dome that'd be really hard.

And just so you know, it's generally accepted that Vader is the MOST EXPENSIVE SW costume out there. Mostly due to the helmet. But the material to make the body suit should be leather, or pleather, both of which are expensive. The cape is also quite pricey.

I spent about $300 on my costume and I'm really not satisfied with it in the least. I don't think there's any part I really would keep if redoing it. However, if you're interested in trying to work on some Vader armor or the like this winter, I'll be more than happy to help. See if we can find a cheap way that's better than the crap I came up with.

Also, if you're really serious, you should probably join the Sith Training Temple.

And here's a few more links:
    Vader Maker Australia
    Vader Painter (mostly sells pieces)
    PVC Vader (the one I mentioned earlier)

Hope that helps.

16. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Wow!! $300 for a Vader? I've spent almost that much on my TIE Pilot and its not even done yet. :eek: (although, all I need is armor now :D )

I ultimately want to do a Vader, but I think funds are ALWAYS gonna be an issue (but, on the bright side, maybe by the time I get it done, I'll look like Anakin at the end of ROTJ.....lol)

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    (but, on the bright side, maybe by the time I get it done, I'll look like Anakin at the end of ROTJ.....lol)

Which one? (Thanks to Lucas, I have to ask that question. LOL!) We knew what you meant though Steel. ;)

A Vader costume... I can't say how much that would rock if I had one of those. Actually, just having a Jedi costume would be just awesome. I am looking into it though, I want a costume like the one Anakin has in the new Star Wars Insider mag., page 78. :D

18. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I want a costume like the one Anakin has in the new Star Wars Insider mag., page 78.

That would be REALLY cool, but looks kinda expensive to do right....

19. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Heh, completely off topic, but I was at Uncle Sams military surplus today and they have bright orange flight suits if anyone is interested in doing a rebel pilot costume.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    How much?

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    That would be REALLY cool, but looks kinda expensive to do right....

Any costuming would be expensive for me. Then, if I had the money, the time wouldn't be there to use it... ;)

22. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Ummm, I think it was like $30 or $40. They also had them in about every other color a jumpsuit would come in.

23. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    $30-40 seems about average for a flightsuit, from what I have read on some TIE costuming sites. I paid $35 (w/ shipping) for mine from an on-line place.

If you want "cannon" though, you'd hafta buy coveralls & sew pockets in the right places.

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Star%20Wars/Halloween%202004/KatyDajuan.jpg]

I'll fix it up later.

25. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    [image=http://s94958815.onlinehome.us/hosting/KatyDajuan.jpg]

Or I could fix it right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.