main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO StL's Second Annual Halloween Bash! (aka October's meeting)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mskeezer

mskeezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I'll be there. And I'll be bringing hotwings with me, maybe some soda, as well.

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    OK, I know you posted the place where the meeting is going to be at, but I was wondering if you could post good precise directions on here as well. I'm coming from O'Fallon MO, and I'm trying to think up of the best way to get there. If it's too far, my parents might not like me driving that far away to somewhere that I don't know... [face_plain] Thanks guys!

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll talk to Christina about that JCF. I may just end up posting them on the Yahoo group or posting them here and editing them out later. I will have directions shortly one way or another.

I just had a thought. What does everyone think about having frozen drinks that are non alcoholic for the non-drinkers, drivers, and under agers amoung us? We could dye them really funny colors too to make it more fun (and to distingush between the real sort). I'm imagining a "Blue Milk" type drinks here (granted they's probably by green or purple or brown, but quit ruining my fun). I could supply a blender and ice and a bunch of the bacardi/juice things, and cups out the wazoo.

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I was hoping this wasn't going to be a drinking thing, because I'm not sure how my parents would take to that, and I don't really feel all that comfortable around that stuff either, and I know my girlfriend feels the same way. I was just going to bring some soda. The blue milk idea is funny though. ;)

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You've got a good point there JCF, you're very right. I forget some people don't want to be around that.

Would you feel better if we restricted it to a specific part of the house? Because it's a private home I can only say so much, but I could see about only allowing it in certian areas. Just about any resturant we go to will serve beer and the like as well, so we can't get totally away from it. Or maybe only serve after a certian time?

Do you have a problem with making frozen-virgin drinks for the non-drinkers?

6. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    And we can bring the little umbrellas to put in the virgin frozen drinks. I can ask Tim for recipes for all the non-alcoholic cocktails they serve at the club.

7. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm thinking about carving an extra pumkin for the party.... (I love carving pumpkins!)

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Do you have a problem with making frozen-virgin drinks for the non-drinkers?

Well, it's not my party. ;) I don't want you guys to change everything just cause I don't care too much for drinking. But I don't think that would be too much of a problem. I understand about the resturants, that's not a prob. I'll send you a PM Dajuan about why I asked this. :)

Pumpkin carving! Cool. I tried to do a Boba Fett one last year. It turned out pretty good.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Please do JCF, you know I'm really understanding and will do just about anything to get as many people as possible to come. I know I gotta watch the alcohol stuff at our events, as per Fan Force rules, I just get beyond myself sometimes.

Got a picture of the Boba Fett pumpkin? I'd love to see that. I never can carve those things. The guts gross me out and the smell makes me want to up-chuck. But they sure are pretty!

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    It should be fine Dajuan. I'll talk to my girlfriend about it, I don't think it will be an issue. I trust you guys. :)

No, no pics of the Boba Fett pumpkin. I could try to use my friend's scanner to put them up on here, but it could take a while, because her scanner is broke. :(

I love carving pumpkins. That stinks you get grossed out of it, it's really fun to do. I am not the best carver, or artist for drawing on the pumpkin, but I come up with some good ideas for some. ;)

11. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Then you should send some ideas my way. I can't decide what to do....

12. gilraen

gilraen Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Hello all, it's been awhile, lol school...
    Anyway, I don't drink and I think keeping the drinking to one part of the house is a good idea. But I only see one little problem. While I have two tv's, I don't have two dvd player's. So unless we, say, keep the drinking downstairs (where I would be more happy with, truth be told), the upstairs tv, wouldn't be able play any dvd's. Now we could do board games upstairs or whatever.

Looking over the list, here is what I am seeing... lots of pop (soda), my daughters are going to love you guys! We were thinking of grilling hot dogs as the main, right Dajuan? It would work if someone wanted to grill something other than that, since the grill will be on. The wings sound lovely...

Costumes are not necessary are they. (I won't have mine done by then :( I am just to busy to get it done right now.

Dajuan, feel free to do what you think is best about getting out directions... just no phone number on this list please (Yahoo is fine). And anyone can email me if you need any questions answered. Jedi_Runya@hotmail.com

13. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    The only costume I have is a brown Jedi robe.

I haven't been able to find the right fabric for the rest.

I could bring my Micheal Myers mask. It's pretty cool.

I don't care about how you all arganize the drinking, it doesn't bother me. (I am under age by the way) As long as no one goes overboard and starts acting stupid.

14. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    As long as no one goes overboard and starts acting stupid.

Damn! There goes all the..... wait.... I act stupid WITHOUT drinking! :p

15. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    If the drinking is going to keep people from coming, I have no problem holding off til later. If we put the drinking in another room, that's fine too. This meeting is for everybody and everybody should feel comfortable.

So, Faofa, if it means ensuring you'll be there, I'll be drinking the blue milk right there with ya. My wine will still be there when I get home.

Also, for some good SW pumpkin carving patterns (and LOTR, etc.) go to (my links never work)
    www.carvingpumpkins.com
    www.jack-o-patterns.com

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    That's awesome guys. I think this will all work out fine. I talked to my girlfriend about it yesterday, she's all set to come to this. This party is going to rock. Glad that this isn't going to be a flop like last year, lol! :)

17. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    I really hope I can go to this.

Hopefully I be able to get a ride.

18. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I hope so, too!

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Kalan, is Amtrack an option for you? I know it's pretty cheap (bout as much as gas really) and there is a stop in Kirkwood that'd be really close for me to grab you at.

20. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    I've never been that far that way before.

I would have no idea where I'm going.
    That's why I was seeing if anyone one was coming from or near Warrenton. Because I go there all the time and know my way around there.

21. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi could always head due east and meet somebody in\near STL somewhere that's super easy to find. That's what my buddies and I do when visiting each others' cities; works like a charm.
    I don't know what exactly I'll bring, but I think it'll be a food (like sweet potatoes...or something) and a tasty adult beverage. The question is folks, should it be something like wine, or a grain drink? What're other people bringing?
    I think the drinking topic is much ado about nothing, really. I mean, we're all a bunch of Star Wars nerds; I don't foresee us flipping cars in the driveway.
    /That would be the cops' greatest story ever, however.

22. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I mean, we're all a bunch of Star Wars nerds; I don't foresee us flipping cars in the driveway.

O:)

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm gong to be bringing a crap load of the frozen bacardi things, so some rum to go in those would be nice. Amy digs wine, but she'll probably grab her own.

As Christine said, we have lots of soda we still need:
    Burgers
    Buns
    Veggie tray and dip
    Potato Salad
    Cups
    Ice
    Dessert of some sort
    Cheese for VoijaRisa
    Coolers (probably)

I'm bring Bacardi frozen things(for drinkers and non, any requests on the type?), Dogs and buns,
    KOB- Chips and dip
    mskeezer- Hot wings
    Amy- smokies and cheese ball

I think the drinking topic is much ado about nothing, really. I mean, we're all a bunch of Star Wars nerds; I don't foresee us flipping cars in the driveway.
    /That would be the cops greatest story ever, however.

To a point you're correct. JCF talked to me about his concerns and we worked it out. It was a personal deal he had I won't go into the details, but it's good now.

24. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I'm bring Bacardi frozen things(for drinkers and non, any requests on the type?
    Um, I guess something that isn't a caloric bomb, if you know what I mean. I prefer my drinks not have more calories than my burger, or the guilt is too much to bear.
    Who am I kidding? Halloween=healthy?
    Not where I grew up.
    I like pina colada and mudslides when it comes to the frou-frou mixers. I'm averse to knock-you-out sweets.
    As for the food I bring, it'll most likely be along the lines of Louisiana Garbage dip or a dessert.
    I still need a ride; I can get around the main parts of the city ok, but finding people's houses in other parts of the area is not my strong point (Every street="BreezeWoodsHighPointeFarms").

25. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm kind of timid. So you guys aren't gonna get to wild for me, are you? I'll try to fit in as best I can!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.