main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stone wall consturction

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by vinman009, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinman009

vinman009 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2002
    I really haven't tried it yet but bought all the materials to do it. What I making is a stone wall that would look realistic with a heavy collision. It logically makes enough sense to look good but I do need other views.

Here is the recipe:
    -House insulation
    -Plaster of paris
    -water
    -stone spray paint

When I mix that together I am pretty confident that it will look real when A body flies into it. :)

Does anyone know if this will work for sure?

Vinman

2. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    Why not just make one out of stone? Can't get more real than that... ;)

EDIT: Sorry... It sounds like it would work, I don't see why it wouldn't. Post a pic when you're done.

3. vinman009

vinman009 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2002
    Yeah, I was going to say that I would have to get a Stuntman made out of steel.;)

Vinman

4. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    That's basically what my crew and I are using for a stone wall. No one is running into ours, but it'll get blown up right and good. [face_devil]

5. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Be sure you don't get the Pink Panther house insulation. I don't think rocks have pink guts.

6. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    But the pink stuff's the cheapest! We're making bricks out of it and building the wall like it normally would be. Sure we're risking pink debris with the explosion and all, but that's what test shots are for.

7. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Ooof. That's going to itch BADLY.

As for the rock, make sure to use lots of Fuller's Earth and you'll have yourself a good impact. Hell, I could make me falling onto a trampoline look like it hurt if I used enough of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.