main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Stones - (Pre JA, Obi/Qui) - *Part IX, updated 08/09*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh dear.... what do you have in store for them, since I know you love disasters :p

Excellent update!

2. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005

"I don't want you to sweat all the water in your body. This leaf will help." He put a finger under a dimpled chin and pushed it up. "Look. I'm eating it." He chewed the leaf slowly, letting its juices melt through his throat.

Obi-Wan observed this seriously. Then he nodded again, and opened his mouth.

Qui-Gon, who had been expecting the child to hold out his hand, felt a prick of surprise. Then, he placed the leaf on Obi-Wan's tongue, smiling slightly. "Chew it. You must chew well."

I think my ovaries just exploded.

3. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
  4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I enjoyed their discussion about what was going on.... LOL on Qui-Gon trying to explain it to a 3 year old. I wonder why the Force said that Obi should go along. Seems like he's in a lot of danger and not able to defend himself.

And now they are being tracked. Great job with the description of the environment and the broken arrow.

Looking forward to more.

5. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I loved this post Obi is sooo cute and what was it Qui sensed I wonder?

6. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Ah we walking again?" Obi-Wan asked as he felt himself being lifted. "I picked a fower," he held up a delicately tinted lavender flower for Qui-Gon's inspection.

"Beautiful," murmured Qui-Gon, before taking it and sticking it within his tunic. "You must eat these." He presented one small leaf to the child.

"Vat is it?"

"It should keep you cool. And it will give you strength."

Obi-Wan appeared to have some doubt concerning the edibility of it, since he threw a few darkling glances at it, before refusing it. " No, pwease."

At least he had taught the child manners. "Yes, please."

Oh, oh, that's so unbelievably SWEET! *melts into a half congealed mass of goo*

Little Obi-Wan reminds me of my three year old nephew Ryan, but with much, much better manners :)

For example:

Obi-Wan: (pointing to toy) Pway, pwease, Masser?

Ryan: (pointing to toy) I wannit, I wannit, I wannit! *proceeds to cry and throw himself on the ground, arms waving wildly, kicking and screaming, gradually turning beetroot, attacking anyone and anything nearby* ;)

-DS

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved the insight into Qui-Gon's thoughts on how enthused he had been to teach. Also the idea that Quinlan might have been Qui-Gon's first padawan is excellent. Your portrait of little Obi-Wan is simply adorable. :D :D

WOnder who we'll discover is keeping watch over them.

Supber post P_A/.

8. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Ooooh, I love it. But of course, whendo I not love anything by you? [face_love] I love the back-story you've given this piece, with Quinlan and Qui-Gon's eagerness to teach, and then Xanatos, and then Obi-Wan. And little Obi-Wan has got to be the cutest thing ever. I love it, and I look forward to more :D.

9. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Part III

?You leave me with no choice,? she murmured, and raised the sword. She placed it against his neck, pressing slightly, so as to make him feel the sharpness of it. Metal ? plain, old-fashioned metal always did have its uses.

?I shall make sure your?? she paused. ?Your effects are sent to the city, along with your remains.? A thin sheen of mockery shaded her voice. ?Last words??

The blade bit into his skin ? he felt a trickle of wetness run now his throat and disappear into his tunic. He looked into her eyes. ?Only that you send my padawan out of sight. He is young, and I wish him to remain a little ignorant of bloodshed. At least for a brief while.?

One standard hour ago, things had not become quite so desperate.

Obi-Wan, it seemed, had fallen asleep again. He had held his head up for a while, watching the scrubland pass by as they ascended steadily into the hills. Perhaps he had finally recognized the seriousness of the situation. Occasionally, Qui-Gon pointed out flowers and trees, engaging his attention. Once, he had stopped and plucked a dozen Holen flowers, so rare in Coruscant, but which grew in wild, disordered clumps here ? and had strung them together roughly by their long stalks and hung it around the child?s neck. Obi-Wan?s eyes had sparkled with unalloyed delight, in contrast to his pale skin.

The air had cooled more and more ? but it wasn?t until they felt a fresh breeze gust softly through the trees did Qui-Gon truly think that they had come through the worst.

?We?re in the mountains, padawan,? he said softly. Obi-Wan?s head was pillowed on his neck and shoulder. Quite suddenly, he realized that the boy?s skin felt hot against his own. And that he was too quiet.

He ignored the cold fist clutching his heart, and knelt by the side of a large tree that rustled gently in the wind. An odd bird cooed somewhere within the forest. Spots of sunlight dappled the ground, through the canopy of leaves above.

Otherwise, it was as quiet as a meditation room in the Jedi Temple.

He loosened his tunics slowly, leaning back to let Obi-Wan slide to the ground. His lips tightened as he heard a rather ungainly thump behind him, as though the boy had just fallen off. He turned around to find his padawan half-sitting on the ground, blinking dazedly.

?Obi-Wan?? he said gently, placing one hand reassuringly on his chest, the other on his brow. His skin was blazing. ?How do you feel??

?Oh,? mumbled the boy. ?Oh, not good.?

Then he rolled to his side and vomited.

Qui-Gon waited until he had finished, letting him lean against himself, listening to the boy?s heavy breathing. ?Are you done?? he asked quietly.

?Um-hm.? He felt the nod.

Qui-Gon dribbled the last of the water from the canteen, pouring it out in small doses for the boy.

Finally, he turned the canteen upside down. There was nothing left, save the sheen of moisture lining the container.

?Head hurts,? Obi-Wan informed him.

?I know.? He placed a finger against his padawan?s temple and massaged it. ?We?ll have to find water, youngling.?

?Don?t go.? The child clutched his tunic, and then paused. ?Someone coming.?

Qui-Gon nodded. It was as he was saying ?You must rest for a while,? in an attempt to make Obi-Wan stay by the tree, as he himself was getting up, that he felt the coolness of something hard and thick pressing against his back.

?Raise your hands,? came a cool voice behind him, and he heard the clop-clop of several footfalls, rustling as whoever it was brushed through the foliage.

The lone bird cooed again.

The scene had an unreal feel to it; Qui-Gon felt detached, as though he had suddenly stepped out of his own body and was watching something happening to someone else. He looked down into Obi-Wan?s suddenly wide eyes, feeling the sharp spike of fear.

//It will be all right// he murmured through their bond, and felt the child jerk slightly. Obi-Wan was still getting used to hearing ?Masser in my head?, as he put it.

He got up slowly, and tur

10. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Uncivilized, indeed. They didn't melt at the sight of lil' Obi! [face_shame_on_you] :p

11. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005

How utterly Obi-Wan like! [face_laugh]

?Only that you send my padawan out of sight. He is young, and I wish him to remain a little ignorant of bloodshed. At least for a brief while.? She wrinkled her eyebrows at the unfamiliar word.

He neglected to specify whose blood might be spilt, though.

Go get them Qui-Gon!

He turned quickly to Obi-Wan, who was leaning back against the tree, his small hand outstretched, eyes warily gazing at the seventh being who was staring back at him, equally wide-eyed.

The scene held for just a moment.

?I can?t get to him,? he screeched. ?There?s a wall here!?

That's right! Don't mess with a 3 year-old!:D

A small tendril of energy suddenly shot through his consciousness, reinforcing his strength. He realized, with some shock, that the Force signature was Obi-Wan?s.

He turned to face his padawan, surprised.

?They don? wan? to pway,? Obi-Wan looked and sounded puzzled and worried. ?Want to hep,? he suggested.

?You?ve already helped enough, padawan.?

The tendril of energy vanished. Obi-Wan drooped against the tree, his strength obviously exhausted.

How utterly sweet. :)

He focused on the Force-wall, gathering his concentration and bringing it to pin-point position. Then ? he flexed it.

The wall shattered, flinging all seven to the ground in a rush. They twisted on the ground, groaning.

Don't mess with Qui-Gon either!:D

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wahoo!! Qui-Gon kicks butt! LOVED how he protected little Obi from harm :D Brilliant job!!

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I love it when Qui-Gon lets loose. And yet he didn't kill anyone, just disarmed the lot and sent them flying. I loved that!

Great job.

14. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    My dear; where, once again, shall I start?

I absolutely adore how you've written the narrative of the story, the way it bends between different aspects of Qui-Gon. You've shown his emotional and nurturing character, how he is deeply passionate about what he believes, and yet you've seemlessly tempered this with both his Jedi training and his sense of humour to create a unique and refreshing narrative that invites the reader directly into the Jedi Master's mind and creates a very enjoyable, realistic read.

I also adore how you've written lil' Obi-Wan, capturing his gentle and courageous nature within the developing mind of a three-year old Padawan.

And I adore, most of all, how you've melded these two together with your usual perfection.

Absolutely wonderful =D=

15. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Obi-Wan?? he said gently, placing one hand reassuringly on his chest, the other on his brow. His skin was blazing. ?How do you feel??

Aww, poor Obi-Wan.Qui-Gon is wonderfully sweet with him...I guess that's why we love him, hey?

-DS

16. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    eep...LOL those poor little guys.....Its too bad they didn't know they were dealing with Jedi...most people would be running the other way.

Obi creating a barrier:p haha! That was excellent

And the playing comments...[face_laugh]

17. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Terra_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Wao, great story!!! i love Little Obi He's just...So cute
    The playing comments were great, and Obi helping Qui was so sweet

18. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    I somehow managed to miss a post, but all the better...it meant that I had two wonderful portions of Qui-Gon and little Obi-Wan to digest. :) Using Quinlan Vos as Qui-Gon's first padawan was really interesting--why him? Or was that in canon and I just missed it? And the third post made me smile. Qui-Gon's efficient dispatching of the attackers was wonderful. He must have operated on his own for quite a while before he met Obi-Wan, but we don't often get to see him work by himself (though of course he wasn't really alone...having Obi-Wan try to help, by the way, was absolutely the perfect touch). And DRL is being much kinder now that my term paper is in and we're on spring vacation. Oh, the joys of life as a student. Thanks for asking, and can't wait for more. :)

19. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Last words??

Enough of this mockery, he thought, tired.

?Only that you send my padawan out of sight. He is young, and I wish him to remain a little ignorant of bloodshed. At least for a brief while.? She wrinkled her eyebrows at the unfamiliar word.

He neglected to specify whose blood might be spilt, though.

Yeah, Qui-Gon, next time spell it out for them! [face_mischief]

Nice update! :)

[face_good_luck] HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! [face_good_luck]

Star_O'Drifter

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    How dare they be mean to cute lil' Obi :(

21. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Is there anything constructive left to say?

No, probably not.

Shall I say something anyway?

Of course.

Once again I'm left gushing in the face of your storytelling ability. Beautifully done. You revert from conflict to warm fuzzies without batting an eye, and there isn't a single stunted line in sight...

*Happy sigh.* @};- The Princess strikes again!

22. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Oooh, something new from P_A! What a treat! I finally get some free time, and I'm just loving this story. Lil Obi and Qui are just so cute together, and you've really nailed Qui-Gon's character. The story is incredibly engaging; I really want to know what happens next! This last part scared me because I thought Qui-Gon was going to be killed... but no. *breathes a huge sigh of relief*

Hope you update soon, P_A!

Stormqueen

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    ?Pardon,? Qui-Gon said humbly, as someone walked into his line of sight. ?I?m not quite sure ? but we seem unwelcome, here.?

Hmmmmm, Qui-Gon is certainly stating the obvious. I hope that means that this new person int he story is friendly? And I've said it before I think, but Obi-Wan is so wonderfully brave through all this! Qui-Gon should be very proud.

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    He neglected to specify whose blood might be split, though.

Couldn't help but chuckle at this. [face_blush] They're children and still seem so cold?? :eek: I wonder who this new being is and how they will react. Excellent post P_A.

25. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    ?Oh.? Obi-Wan sat up with interest. ?Can I pway too??

Heh heh. Qui-Gon's lips weren't the only ones to twich when he said that. :D I must tell you that you're doing a marvelous job with the tot. He has many qualities that remind me of my own (sometimes I wonder if she has Force abilities, with the way she manages to materialize suddenly in high places or get her little hands on objects I would have sworn I put out of reach. :rolleyes:)

Oh, and I also enjoyed your kick-butt Qui-Gon, of course. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.