main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Stones - (Pre JA, Obi/Qui) - *Part IX, updated 08/09*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    up STONES!

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    As always from you, a wonderful story.

Since others before have commented on lines they like (as do I), I'd thought I'd mention:

They did however, recover soon enough, barring the seventh one whose movements were peculiar in the extreme: he seemed to be trying to advance on Obi-Wan, but kept walking backwards, arms flailing about, and exclaiming at intervals.

That brings a smile to my face.

3. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awww, so cute! [face_love] I just adore the way you write Obi and Qui, especially Obi and his innocence and precociousness. Hehe, like how Qui kept having to pull his own focus back to the present. Good way of dealing with the hostiles too, since they are technologically primative. And avoids bloodshed in front of Obi. I wonder who this new arrival is? [face_thinking] Hope it isn't hostile also.

Wonderful story! Hope to see more soon. And in your other stories too! ;)

4. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    All caught up! At last...I'm really loving how you're pulling this togther... Qui and Obi are so lovely together...I liked how Obi helped Qui...

A small tendril of energy suddenly shot through his consciousness, reinforcing his strength. He realized, with some shock, that the Force signature was Obi-Wan?s.

Great updates :)

5. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Oh, lil' Obi is soooooooo cute! [face_love] And Qui-Gon too!
    Can I have one of them - or both? [face_batting]

6. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    They're mine. :)

7. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Heave-ho, up we go! :p :D

8. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I'm new, but I just wanted to say that I'm loving this story and I hope you'll update soon!

9. Sometimes_normal

Sometimes_normal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    I'm new too^^ And I would like to say that this story rocks! I love little Obi and the way Qui Gon always protects him^^ *hugs little Obi*
    Update soon please!;)
    S_n

10. Vader_Princess

Vader_Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Replies, now. :D I know, I know, it's been ages since I updated - I'm remedying it as of now.

Musing: [face_love] Indeed. Anyone who doesn't melt at the sight of cute li'l Obi is uncivilized.:D Thanks for reading, and the up!

Fat_Bird: Oh, thanks for the lovely review. :D Yep, Obi-Wan is very much in character - as much it's possible for a three year old to be, and we know they're practically adults, then. :D

And yes - Do not mess with Qui-Gon! :D

Layren: Thank you, dear. I love kick-butt Qui-Gon too. :D We see little of him in that avatar, I think.

dianethx: Lol, yes, I should he would much prefer not harming anyone - it would be drilled into him. Thanks!:D

River_Stone: I miss your presence and your lovely reviews. They make my day. thank you so much for the lovely words. I'm glad you liked the combination. It's not done often (in fact, I've seen very few stories dealing with li'l Obi, and even fewer of Qui-Gon and a tiny padawan. :D ) Glad you liked, my dear.

-Darksaber-: Oh yes, that's why we love him. :D

Ryan: (pointing to toy) I wannit, I wannit, I wannit! *proceeds to cry and throw himself on the ground, arms waving wildly, kicking and screaming, gradually turning beetroot, attacking anyone and anything nearby*

[face_laugh] Well, certainly Obi-Wan has good manners. He can be quite obstinate, while being very polite. That's the Jedi in him. :D

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: Thank you. Yep, it was a little funny, Obi putting up a barrer. Well, he does try. :p

Terra_Wan_Kenobi: [face_blush] Thanks!

Dragonlady: I pulled out the Quinlan Vos thing from a wikipedia entry, actually - it discussed Vos's halfway apprenticeship with Qui-Gon. I think its canon, but I'm not quite sure. I badly wanted to work it in. :) And yes, I imagine Qui-Gon must have worked quite a while on his own, and known its merits or demerits. It must have been quite an adventurous life. :D Thank you!

Star_Drifter: Thank you. [:D]

PadawanKitara: How dare they, indeed. They will get their just desserts. :D thanks, PK.

Fluff-Slayer: Those were most flattering words. [face_blush] Thanks so much!

stormqueen874: I'm still wary of killing either Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan. They both die quite violent deaths in canon, so I won't be hacking them off quite so soon. :D Glad you like the story so much. Thanks!

ardavenport: Lol, he's stating the obvious all right. And Obi *is* brave isn't he? :D Thanks for reading!

Healer_Leona: They're not precisely children, per se. To Qui, they appear so. they're probably approaching their late teens. That's how I pictured them. Thanks for reading!

DarthMousche: Your words mean so much to me. I don't come into contact with tots much (barring the past two weeks), so I'm feeling my way around. I'm trying to portray Obi-Wan, keeping in mind his adult self, and so far, it seems to have worked out.

They do seem to get into all the impossible places, don't they? o_O Thanks for reading!

BlueJedi: Lol, Thanks for the up. :D

Valairy_Scot: Thank you so much. :)

Jedi_Tigris: :D Qui finds himself in a most peculiar situation, now. he's forced to jump from past to present to future... thanks for reading.

Kestrel_Kenobi: Thank you! :)

Fifilla: You can have clones. [face_mischief] Thanks for reading!

-Darksaber-: You've already staked a claim, eh? <presents life-size baby Obi doll> :D

dimyavie: Sorry for the late welcome, but I hope you're enjoying yourself. Update coming up. :) Thanks for reading!

Sometimes_normal: Thanks. :) Glad you like.

Vader_Princess: Lol, coming soon. ;)

12. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Looooooong update.

Part IV

Peace was such a vague term.

It could be anything, from establishing something akin to a state of normalcy within empires. It could be something as simple as pulling a weed that chokes your little papli plant. It could mean an emotion that truly pervades you, inside out. Or it could just be used as a common term, flung into the faces of everyone around you, just to put them at ease, even when you didn?t feel it.

Anaar Gani had felt every single variant of the emotion, at one time or the other.

At most times, though, she wished for one kind of peace, but had to settle for another. She had certainly wanted to establish peace within her dominions. Sadly, she had been reduced to the weed-pulling kind, as she grew to adulthood. She had simply bandied the word so many times around here that she was nearly sick of it, within her home among the mountain fastnesses, using it as a cheap substitute for a security which she knew she could never grant.

But she had tasted that elusive peace ? peace as the term really denoted, at various fleeting moments. Only moments, though. Yet, she had known what it was like.

It had only left her yearning for more of it. More, as she caught sight of peace slipping away from nerveless fingers, grappling through a revolution she was ill equipped to deal with. More, as she saw youngsters who ought to lead a relatively normal life, wrestling with bows, arrows and rusty swords. More, when they foraged for food that was rapidly becoming scarce, and had to pillage among the shrubs in the forest, or go down to the villages that dotted the countryside, pleading for a morsel of food.

Those were the moments she cringed, wishing her body would simply melt away. That she was not who she was, wishing desperately that she was just one among the multitude, forced to look to herself ? and not the reluctant leader of a group that depended on her for its livelihood ? its very life.

For she was Anaar. Once she had been many things, but now she was just ? Anaar.

Bile rose in her throat when she remembered her titles. Fortunately for her, it was very seldom that she did. For there were too many. And she had lost them all.

No matter that she hardly worn them, and had played no part when they were torn away from her. She had still witnessed the bloody rebellion, when forces beyond her control wreaked havoc on her life. Some little semblance of loyalty among her people ? no, no, they had served her with more affection than any under her direct command would have ? and she had now, because of their protection and unending fealty, survived more than forty five winters.

She had no expectations. Every day she lived through was a gift. And a curse. She had survived so far. She did not know if she would survive any more. There had been warnings about the threats on her life as long as she had cared to remember, and she had, for a brief period, grown used to living life on the dagger?edge of madness: one minute was safety and the next, instant death. Possibly torture. She was a threat to the existing royalty on Elhain IV as long as she lived. And though the Prince Regent was a good man, the throne had a way of convoluting the thought processes of the best of men. So far, she had managed to survive. Yes, just survive, not live.

It had been a long time since she lived.

She had stayed on in Elhain IV, despite being told to leave the planet. They had pleaded with her, cajoled, threatened, even promised to take her away by force. But she would always look at them with those clear, violet eyes of hers ? in some long forgotten age, they had even written odes to those eyes ? and they would be left with no choice but to accede to her wishes. Not that the threats lessened, any way. Every week there was news of an assassin sent to find her. Every month carried reports of thugs and thieves and mercenaries who had vowed to bring the lost princess of Elhain, lost for twenty years, before the rebel forces. That, or before the existin

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wow. That was magnificent, and all the thoughts on peace just blew me away.

What a masterfull piece of writing, as always.

14. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    'Intriguing' is the first word that comes to mind. :) Your Anaar is fascinating. Jaded, but still trying, and a strange combination of weariness, melancholy, pride and defiance that works perfectly here. And your description of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in her eyes was simply beautiful. Especially Qui-Gon. I love the way you described Qui-Gon's eyes, like jewels--except you showed rather than told. And that is why I love your writing so much. Beautifully understated, all of it. I also very much enjoyed the Anaar/Qui-Gon dynamic. Can't wait for more. :)

15. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Love the looooooong update. [face_love]

Especially the background on Anaar Gani - it explains much.

Now Qui-Gon has an answer as to why he had to bring little Obi. ;)

16. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome and I love the update! I first found you on fanfic.net, but I'm glad I found this site. Thanks for writing! :)

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, what a fascinating OC. Beautiful adn detailed writing P_A. I can't wait to see what words may pass between Qui-Gon adn Anaar. :D :D

18. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Gorgeous as ever, Princess... I shall have to read it again to savor it. Wonderful work, so very glad you decided to update :)

19. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    The child, she now saw, had dropped against the tree, pale and trembling.
    Oh, poor lil' Obi! [face_worried] I hope he'll feel better soon!

Thank you for the nice long update! Wonderful chapter!!!
    Anaar and her people remind me of Robin Hood, living as outlaws hidden in the forest.

20. ctt

ctt Jedi Knight

Mar 11, 2006
    I just love this universe (Gah! and Stones). I always found the idea of toddler Obi-wan and emotional-wreck-recovering-Qui-Gon too adorable for words.

21. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    <presents life-size baby Obi doll>

*takes, eagerly* Mine! Mine! *cackles*

I think I better lay off the sherbet.

Lovely update P_A. You continue to dazzle. Hmm, they've found some help. Yay! Happy Qui now?

-DS

22. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    amazing job ...flawless post!~

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Alas, I am too busy right now to say more than I'm glad to see more of this story and wonder how this new person, Anaar Gani, will fit into it. [face_thinking]

24. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Next update. Yep, I wrote more. :D

Valairy_Scot: Thank you. Glad you liked. :)

Dragonlady:
    Your Anaar is fascinating. Jaded, but still trying, and a strange combination of weariness, melancholy, pride and defiance that works perfectly here ...

You've hit upon Anaar perfectly - she's all the things you've described. Exactly. She's confused, yet her conscience and instincts work a certain way and she can't get out of that. And Qui-Gon ... [face_love] he has his work cut out. I'm glad I could make the Anaar/Qui-Gon dynamic work. Thank you so much - your review made my day!

Musing: Indeed. :D Qui-Gon now sees one reason for bringing Obi. But there's another, bigger one. And that he'll perceive only later. Thanks!

dimyavie: I'm flattered that you tracked me here. I update here more often than I do there. Glad you enjoyed the update. :) Thanks!

Healer_Leona: I'm beginning to see the joys of writing OCs, I admit. And Anaar just ... grew. Thank you, dear. [:D]

Layren: Thank you, dear. It's a treat to the author when you want to read it again. :D

Fifilla: They are a little like Robin Hood and his cohorts, aren't they? :) they're fighting for their survival as much as anyone else. Little Obi is going to take soem time to recover, I'm afraid. Allows for some mush, right? :D

Thanks for reading!

ctt: I find the relationship adorable, myself. That's why I keep writing them, I expect. :) Thanks for reading.

-Darksaber-: <takes away sherbet and gives other junky sweets :D > Not happy Qui, no. A little angsty Qui, maybe. :D Thanks!

kenobiwanobi: Thank you. :)

ardavenport: Anaar Gani has her own part to play. :D Thanks for reading, ardavenport. :)

Part V

Obi-Wan was very tired.

He hadn?t been tired to begin with ? on Corrrus-kant, at home. In fact, he hadn?t been able to sit still, wanting to ask Masser everything about their new mission. First Mission! He was going with Masser! Would he have his Noss kut off? He had gone back to the crèche to tell his agemates and then he?d asked so many questions that Masser had been forced to make him meditay-it for such a long time. His knees ached.

Then they had come here on a starsheep. No, no, ship. Starship. Why did he keep mixing up words? Sometimes he knew the right words but they came out wrong. And sometimes other words kept getting mixed up with what he wanted to say. And then his tongue felt all thick and he couldn?t say them properly too. Even if they sounded right in his head. Sometimes Masser put them right and sometimes he didn?t. He said it would come right in time.

Oh, the starship. It had been so big. So many rooms. No no, cabins. Masser had taken him to the pilot. He had seen the naa-av comp-yu-ter. So many stars! Then the stars made little lines and Masser said they had ?jumped.? He hadn?t felt anything. Except a queer, ?dropping-stomach? feeling. How did you jump if you stayed in the same place? Then Masser told him about hi-per space. They had had last meal. It didn?t taste like it did at home, but Masser said nothing so he ate it too. Masser didn?t let him have too many papli fruits. Then he talked more about Elhaaan Fore. Obi-Wan had tried to listen, but Masser?s voice was nice. So nice and warm. Masser was saying something about a King and how he would be crowned and that they were going to watch it all. Why would anyone want to see someone wear something on his head? Oh, but they were Jedi.

He supposed Jedi had to watch people put things on other people?s heads. It was called a corr-o-ne-sion.

It was all quite nice ? but his eyes kept closing. Masser saw it too, and he felt so awful for falling asleep like a baby!

Then they had come back to their roo ? cabin ? walking slowly ? and Masser had said that it was time for Obi-Wan to sleep but he didn?t want to. He had the lower bunk because Masser said he might fall off but he never did. Ne

25. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    *snatches first post*

Oh dear poor Obi, whatever's wrong with him? Poor sick baby. So cute not knowing what Masser is doing and not wanting to be thought of as weak.

Might I say again how much I enjoy your work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.