main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Stones - (Pre JA, Obi/Qui) - *Part IX, updated 08/09*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wow this was a very cute post....I absolutly love little Obi!You are doing an amazing job with this-can't wait for more!~

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    So far with an update, you wrote!

Last chapter - loved, loved your OC. Anaar Gani has such richness to her, the depths of her past and her present. I could just picture her thinking of all the possibilities and weighing what she needed to do in order to keep her group safe. Sounded so much like Robin Hood in the way she moved through the forest and used the wiles of long-experience to make sure she and hers would not be harmed.

This chapter - Loved that Obi-Wan explained the whole fiasco from his POV. Loved all the little things that he picked up on and the way he didn't know exactly how to say it.

Ears! It would be ears before he was as big as Masser. He opened his mouth to say something but then a big yawn opened it even more and then he fell asleep.

It was adorable and troubling and horrifying that Obi-Wan would see something so awful at his age. Plus he is feeling it, too, and that must be even harder on him, in a way.

Loved too how he was thinking of the Force in terms of light and color.

And Masser had ?pulled? at the green light ? he could only lie back and watch, he was so tired ? and they had all fallen down. Just like cut up droids! And then a lady came and she and Masser spoke ? she was angry, he could see. Inside her, there was red and blue light. The blue was like his own, but lighter. Very light. It was like she couldn?t use it. And she didn?t seemed to know she had it at all.

Great job with this. Love all the different POVs. They add such richness and texture.

Looking forward to more.

3. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Wow, we're moving right along! Rolling Stones!

Sorry! [face_blush] It just slipped out - honest. O:)

I loved that tie-in with Gah! with the "Noss kut off" bit. Not to mention Obi's POV on events and how he perceived the Force.

Good job, Princess_Arulmozhi!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Then they had come here on a starsheep.

Oh dear, that made me instantly picture fuzzy white sheep floating in outspace and got me to giggling. :D :D Stellar look at things through little Obi-Wan's eyes. What is wrong with him though? Poor sweet boy.

5. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    And again an update! So soon - thank you very much! [face_dancing] :D =D=

Then they had come here on a starsheep.
    Imagine this! Couldn't stop laughing! Very funny! [face_laugh]

That was such a lovely chapter!!! It's very interesting to read how little Obi saw all the events and how he tried to understand everything. And his understanding of the force and the changing colours - great work!
    But he really seems to be sick [face_worried] ... I hope you update soon, Obi will need lots of mush!

6. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Obi-Wan had blinked. Then he saw the blood on Masser?s tunic. It smelled so ? and he couldn?t help it. He began to cry.

Then Masser had picked him up again and they ran and walked and ran and hid and ran again. For a long time. He could hear Masser?s? heartbeat against his ears. And felt Masser?s brown hair against his cheek.

Lovely, lovely. Gorgeous how poor, sick little Obi-Wan doesn't want to have to be a burden to his "Masser". So cute from his POV!

-DS

7. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I love the update, thanks! Little Obi was so cute and I loved how you managed to tell everything from his point of view!! :) He's sick though, isnt he? I hope he gets better!

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    How adorable little Obi is, and how understanding Qui. I just love this POV.

He had been like a good inishi-ate, just like Masser had told him. He had put his hands behind his back, and looked see-ri-yus. All Jedi were see-ri-yus. And he had tried not to look over the walls of the palace garden. Such strange noises coming from behind it. Like children. If only he had been as tall as Masser, he?d have been able to see over the garden walls in the palace. But he was a see-ri-yus Jedi ini-shi-ate, and so he didn?t.

Masser kept looking down at him, with his lips just a little to the right. Like he knew what Obi-wan thought. And like he was trying hard not to smile. He didn?t do it all the time, because someone verrry importunt was talking to him. Lots of Imporrtunt people talked to him. Obi-Wan?s heart swelled with delight. His Masser was so imporrtunt! Then he touched his little braid. Masser looked down and put his hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder and said, ?My apprentice, Jedi padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi.? Obi-Wan had felt his face go pink

Obi doesn't understand yet, but he observes and is trying hard to be a see-re-yus Jedi. Too cute for words![face_love]

9. ctt

ctt Jedi Knight

Mar 11, 2006
    I don't know how you did this is but this chapter was wonderful. At first I thought it was going to be difficult to read since Obi-wan's speech is filled w/ mis-spellings, but I was utterly wrong. I felt as if I could hear him (or a child) in my head. And the more I read it, the more I can't help but say "awww!!'. It absolutely cute and funny. Years become ears...Jedi should be see-ree-yous (or something like that) ...why do we have to watch someone dress themselves for coronation. Brilliant!

10. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Gorgeous updates P_A - really like your OCs and little Obi is so darn cute...I loved all the thoughts he was having about Qui. You write beautifully and I look forward to more.

Sorry for the lateness in this reply - I've been wrapped up in awards stuff.

11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaaaaah, I'm still playing catch-up from my trip. Poor little Obi-Wan! He's so young to be taken anywhere; Qui-Gon even had to help him reach the wash basin! What a great guy. He must be very cute, and he's such a brave little ini-shi-ate.:) I certainly hope that they can come to some kind of agreement with Anaar.

12. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    You write from a child's POV so well. I really loved how you described the Force as little Obi-Wan would see it, as colors in his head, he blue and Qui-Gon green. And I liked how Obi-Wan could tell how other people were inside, based on what colors he sensed from them. That's such a clever, yet simple way to describe young Obi-Wan's instincts.

The part where he tries so hard to walk on his own, only for Qui-Gon to pick him up and carry him in the desert, reminded me of 'Parched'. It's very beautiful, that those scenes mirror one another, that while they grow older, some things don't change. [face_love] Makes my heart hurt a little. :)

Qui-Gon's attentiveness to his Padawan is so sweet, really fits the 'gentle giant' definition.

I can't think what else to say except that I'm in awe of your originality and your talent. =D=

13. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    A lot of times I find child POV obnoxious, but that wasn't the case with this. You did a wonderful job of showing events through Obi-Wan's eyes while still keeping your writing tight and clear and allowing us to glimpse his adult character. I also loved how very in tune with the Force in him he is. Blue light, indeed. *grins* I can't wait for more.

14. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    UP! need more of this one

15. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    Up. I can not wait for the next chapter.

16. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Gaw! Obi-talk is just adorable...XD Poor thing, being so tired...and probably sick. I hope they take care of him......*sniff*

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ack - I missed a chapter! So adorable. I love little Obi-Wan and his perspective on his "masser."

18. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Lol, you didn't ... but thanks anyway. [:D]

And I've begun the next postie.

19. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Short transition post. Please excuse.

Part VI

Long years of training, especially when it came to schooling his features in front of a none too friendly audience, aided Qui-Gon in concealing the swift, sharp stab of apprehension as Obi-Wan crumpled into his arms. The little boy did not even seem to have the strength to stand up. He hadn?t seem to have heard what Qui-Gon was saying. There was a vacant, opaque look in his large blue-green eyes ? lined with deep fatigue ? and his mind, when Qui-Gon touched it, seemed to be a mass of chaotic thoughts and feelings. Mostly puzzlement, worry and twinges of fear. Although the boy appeared to have done a good job of keeping them in check. He hadn?t been able to do much, but Qui-Gon could sense the enormous effort involved. A little tendril of pride seeped into him.

He elected to simply hold the boy in his arms for a scant moment, as much to reacquaint himself with the current situation, as comforting his little apprentice.

It was still to be known if he had committed a grave tactical error in surrendering his lightsabre as he did ? for a lightsabre was a Jedi?s life, after all, and giving it up meant that a Jedi was leaving himself completely to the mercy of others ? or had made the first step towards a sort of uneasy truce. He hoped it was the latter. The Force had been nudging him, first gently, then with what he could only term as sharper pokes, towards Obi-Wan.

The boy, it had whispered. Look to the boy.

Perhaps it was his own latent concern for Obi-Wan. Whatever it was, he had acted on instinct, placed his lightsabre on the forest floor, and knelt beside Obi-Wan. Not a moment too soon.

He shrouded the boy in his own protective aura, taking care to soothe his troubled mind. Obi-Wan seemed to relax in his arms, and the child?s head settled against his neck, though his breathe seemed to be coming in shallow gasps. His skin still felt hot. Qui-Gon probed delicately through the little boy?s Force signature. A fever seemed to setting in.

In Obi-Wan?s own words: Not good.

Why did I ever bring a three year old on a mission such as this?

He is a liability, insisted his mind, putting forward every sensible argument. And it was true. With such a small child with him, his hands were tied. He had been forced to seek what was possibly an enemy?s aid, because of the boy.

He took the moment to gauge the situation. His weapon might be in the hands of his ?captors? ? but he could defend himself all of them without his lightsabre, if he chose. Judging by the brief, cautious sense of relief and faint scorn that was beginning to show itself, it was obvious that the youngsters didn?t know this. Or if their subconscious had begun to know, they were still ignorant enough to dismiss the vague tendrils of threat. It only reinforced his impression of them: they were inexperienced. In all probability, they had never seen combat as he knew it. But they had been trained for it.

The woman ? Anaar Gani, hadn?t she been called? He had studied enough of Elhain IV?s history to know who she was. And the short, crisp sentences that detailed what had happened to her. They had been mere words on a disc, but she stood before him now, in flesh. She did not think of him as her ?warriors? did. His display of giving away his lightsabre had moved her little?she had been eyeing him warily even after. When he picked up Obi-Wan, though ? then, he had sensed a slight shift.

Well.

The Living Force had always been his strength. Whether it was his strength now, was debatable. It had led him straight into a potentially explosive situation. Years of training and experience had taught him to make the best of such circumstances ? as the Force never did tell him why he ought to do something?just that he do it. The pull was sometimes so strong that he dare not question it. If he stopped to think, the moment might flutter away, and he would be left with a weight somewhere in the region of his heart, wondering, thinking, puzzling about wheth

20. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Well short postie is better than no post! Though, Qui-Gon's hands are definetely tied now and not in a good way. Really this leaves me wanting an even longer post. Must have more :D

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ?There?s no need to take children as young as that,? spat back the older woman. ?Turn them all into fighting machines,? she mumbled.

Obi-Wan stirred, mumbled something incoherent. He smoothed the little boy?s hair. ?Ironic.?

This time, Anaar turned to face him. ?What is??

?That you, who?ve done the same, must question the Jedi.?

You tell them, Qui-Gon! Another great post. I'm sure having Obi-Wan along will prove beneficial in the long run.

22. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    What a tense situation. [face_worried] You pack a lot into a short post. =D=

Common sense vs. the Living Force. Guess we'll find out which wins out in the end, right, P_A?

Good thing Obi-Wan was along - without him, Qui-Gon might have had to keep on fighting until he actually killed someone.

I can't wait until the next post, but I'll just have to, won't I? [face_mischief]

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That's a pretty tense situation. Even though Qui-Gon knows that he should bring Obi-Wan along, sometimes he might be wrong in doing so. The kid is too young and a liability when fighting. Plus he can't protect him as much as he would an older boy. But he follows the Force in all things.

I loved this.

The Living Force had always been his strength. Whether it was his strength now, was debatable. It had led him straight into a potentially explosive situation. Years of training and experience had taught him to make the best of such circumstances ? as the Force never did tell him why he ought to do something?just that he do it. The pull was sometimes so strong that he dare not question it. If he stopped to think, the moment might flutter away, and he would be left with a weight somewhere in the region of his heart, wondering, thinking, puzzling about whether he had done the right thing or wrong ? and eventually would come to the distressing conclusion that he had done the wrong thing.

It was a lot like dragging along a crushing weight on his shoulders.

Great description of what he goes through.

More please.

24. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    That was such a cute post. even if it was short. lol. Needless to say is the fact that I loved it. Please write again soon! :)

25. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Replies, as I missed doing them before I posted.

Layren: Poor Obi-Wan indeed. Not quite knowing what's happened,, yet wanting to. He's too young, of course. He's also fatigued and exhausted. :( Hopefully, that'll get cleared up soon. Or not. :D

Thanks for reading.

kenobiwanobi: Thanks so much. I love writing LIttle Obi too.

Diane: I'm so enamoured of your lovely, long reviews. Yes, Anaar is a little like Robin Hood - except that she's hardly feeling very merry; she's carrying the weight of enormous emotional baggage - and since she is who she is, she can't even contemplate sharing it, or heaving it onto anyone's shoulders.

And Obi-Wan ... well. He's too young, and he is a liability. That's why this mission is so important for the two them - Qui-Gon, who is likely to follow the Living Force ... and their bond is developing, after all. Qui-Gon is still battling the backlash of missions taken earlier. So he's inclined to question everything, at the moment.

And I wanted to visualise what the Force might mean, to someone like Qui-Gon: feeling, seeing and sensing emotions. I imagine it might be like a permanent war, having to choose between sense and instinct.

Thanks so much, my dear.

Musing: Rolling Stones. [face_laugh] And I love it when someone connects previous posts with the present ones (yes, I put the 'Noss kut off' bit on purpose). And yes, it's going to be battle, of sorts. Yes, Qui-Gon will have to understand Obi-Wan's purpose in the mission, soon. Thanks:)

Healer_Leona: Har har. :)Yes, Obi-Wan has a rather unique way of looking at things. And he chooses rather to interpret things a little literally, at this stage. :D His view of things is funny, to say the least. Thanks!

Fifilla: Poor boy, yes, he is sick. But it's the first time, after all. And yes, he has a certian way of looking at things. :D Thanks for reading.

-Darksaber-: Obi-Wan dreads being a burden. :) Thanks for reading!

dimyavie: Thank you so much. [face_blush] I'm flattered.

Valairy_Scot: Indeed. Obi tried verrry hard. And having Obi-Wan along will definitely ... change things. :D Thanks for reading!

Next instalment of replies coming up.

EDIT: 31/08/06. More replies:

ctt: Well, yes, exactly. It's quite difficult to think along the lines of a three year old (especially when you're agrown up), but I tried looking at the way Obi-Wan would think ... and then fit that into a three year old's state of mind. Looks like it worked. And yes, I put the misspelinngs in ... because, obviously, a 3 year old is going to "think" with mistakes, as well. I wanted the fact that he's a very young child, to come across. Glad it did. Thanks.

Kestrel_Kenobi: I ought to have replied much earlier, but well ... DRL has a habit of ruining carefully planned shcedules. :) Thanks for reviewing. [:D]

ardavenport: Neither Anaar nor Qui-Gon is very sure about anything, at this point. And Qui-Gon certainly has to help Obi-Wan with everything. But it'sa different ... experience. :D Thanks for reading.

LuvEwan: You've reminded me that I haven't finished Parched yet. And that it's locked. And that I have to go get it unlocked. :D

As always, your reviews make my day. I'm so glad. I wanted Qui-Gon to fit the gentle giant description, so I'm glad it worked. And a child's pov is always distinct, and quite hard work. Thanks, my dear.

Dragonlady: Thank you. I'm really glad I didn't miss the child's pov. That would have spoilt the whole tenor.

BlueJedi and Tatooine_Ghost: Thanks for the ups. :D

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: I hope so too. Qui-Gon certainly is worried. :) Thanks for reading!

And Fifilla gets the 100th post! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.