Stop the Unethical Harassment and Mistreatment of Clones!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RogueJaina, Aug 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    Clones have rights too!

Even if they are created evil or for an evil purpose, that does not make them BAD (see The Hand of Thrawn if you don't believe me).

Clones consistently get a bad rap. Even the title of Episode II is unfair! All beings with any moral sense should resolve to stop harassing, annoying, mistreating, and making derogatory remarks about clones.

Clones could be rehabilitated if anyone cared enough to do it. Please voice your support for the ethical treatment of our fellow beings!

2. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    With the recent controversy, I can't figure out of this topic is real or about the EU.

VotF taught me to be nice to clones. That could be a useful thing to know someday.
  3. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, since the cloning done here on Earth is not advanced, I'm talking about Star Wars.
  4. III_Vir_RPC Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just as it is morally unacceptable to mistreat and persecute persons of different races or species, it is unacceptable to mistreat persons because they are clones. A clone is as much a person as is the template, with all the inalienable rights pertaining thereto.
  5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Im with you! Can I scewer Luke and Mara for killing the clone at the HoT based on his predessors history?
  6. exar-tull Force Ghost

star 5
    since i am a clone of exar kun i second the motion.
  7. Piett_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    Being a clone of the greatest admiral ever, I third the motion.
  8. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    III_Vir...
    "A clone is as much a person as is the template, with all the inalienable rights pertaining thereto."

Unless that clone is an empty shell whose sole purpose in what can be considered its "life" is to become the containment unit for a diabolically evil, maniacal, nihilistic Sith spirit.

In which case, even the bad guys will destroy the clones too.
  9. Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nah, clones aren't real!
    Do what you like with them!!
  10. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If their growth is at an accelerated rate in an enviroment where the Force can touch them during growth, I wonder just how well they can be rehabilitated. Clone sickness seems to refer to the clone becomeing irrevocably insane. In the case of Joruus C'boath, he could not have been rehabilitated.

However, if you look at the clones produced who were based on Baron Fel, there is no need to rehabilitate them. They'd much rather be left alone to be farmers than warriors of any kind.
  11. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    See, that's my point. Everyone just *assumes* that "clone sickness" is uncurable.
    What research has been done to prove that fact?

Also, even the clones of Baron Fel lived in fear of discrimination. The *reputation* of clones should be rehabilitated so that there is no reason to live in fear!

12. LanceJade Jedi Master

star 4
    Clones are an abomination. They were developed for evil purpose and mentally stamped with the evil intentions and abilities their predicessor had. The elder versions were prone to insanity based on quick growth.

Cloning with templates should be banned and outlawed in all instances through out the galaxy.
  13. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    Now, why would you even say that?

Clones can't help that they were created.

And from now on, I think I will refer to them as "the uniqueness-challenged".
    "Clone" has a bad connotation.
  14. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Clones should have rights because they have free will. I was really moved when that clon of Fel on Pacret(sp)minor told han they just wanted peace with their family
  15. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hate to tell you this, but I bet they did try to find a way to cure clone sickness. But the fact appears to be that a clone grown too quickly in a Force enviroment is mentally deformed, for lack of a better word. While they may be a fairly exact duplicate of whom they are a clone of physically, mentally there is something incredibly wrong with them.

And Fel's clones had ample reasons to fear discrimination against clones. Those reasons are called the Clone Wars. Everyone either remembers them or has learned of em. And because of what happened at that time, all clones are viewed in a poor light. With the possible exception of those from Khomm(spelling please).
  16. Jarik Jedi Master

star 4
    You spelt it right I think.
  17. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Somebody needs to do a spell check program and include the thousands of words from the various Star Wars sources that don't appear in a standard spell check program. I'm always asking for a spell check when I'm unsure of a SW word spelling and too lazy to go get one of my books and look it up.
  18. Waning Drill Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just open a seperate window and use the online Encyclopedia.
  19. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The spell check program makes more sense. For words that are special to Star Wars that I have a difficult time with, I look their spelling up in a dictionary. Doing what your saying means that I'd still be looking up a word. Where as with a spell check program would simply allow us to click spell check and have all the words within a post checked.

Of course it's not going to happen. Definately not going to be done by me. I have only a very rudimentary knowledge of programming.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Actually, Cmdr.Mitth, Luke and Mara weren't trying to kill the clone. They wanted to fight those guard droids, and accidentaly broke the walls somehow... I think. But I remember for sure that they were not trying to kill him.
  21. LanceJade Jedi Master

star 4
    I mearly said that clones are an abomination. That are unnatural. I also stated that cloning should be banned.

But, if a clone is released to the public, it should share the same rights are other humans.
  22. Mateo Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking about the rights of Clones, Lando and Chewie murdered 20,000 clones in the emperors storehouse in Mount Tantiss and chewie died a heros death, and Luke slaughtered all of the emperors clone bodies in cold blood until palpatine got pissed off and ended the violence, granted these were all imperial clones but they never had sentience and were innocent victims of a wookie,gambler,and a fallen jedi under stress.
  23. DarthGanner Jedi Knight

star 1
    lando and chewie killed the clones in mount tantiss cause they would become imps. anyways since they were grown w/o the force, would they really be human anyway? i think not. :cool:
  24. Mateo Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course they were human clones, they werent exposed to the force but they didnt exist outside of it like the Yuuzhan Vong, and i stand by my statement that killing 20,000 helpless clones is wrong maybe the New Republic could have left the cloning facility in one peace and reprogramed the clones to be loyal the NR government and after that the clone facility would be destroyed or sold to the Khomites.
  25. LanceJade Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, as for why Lando and Chewie blew up the clones is very simple. They were a war machine. They were templated to be soldiers. As soon as they left those cylinders, they were soldiers.

The rules of engagement were applied accordingly. Another bout of the clone wars were avoided.

As for their humanity, while being templated clones, grown in the bubble of the ysalamiri (sp), they are still humans. The ysalamiri (sp) blocks the midichlorians (sp) from communicating with the body or interacting with the body. Hence blocking the Force. Luuke could still use the force after he was cloned. So, it make an interesting senario.

I still think that all of the cloning should be banned and that Lando and Chewie and Luke made the right choices when destroying the clones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.