STOP with the SbS threads

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Nov 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How come Sturm? SOmething inappropriate? I'm not seein it.

JMA

EDIT: Sorry if I seem kinda testy tonight, I've just had kind of a bad day. If there is something you want me to edit, let me know, and I will.

JMA
  2. corran_rouge9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree that we do have some redundancy, and I'd be open to combining some threads(for instance my "Why Jimmy" and the "Plausible resurrection"). However, PSA, this is not. I started my time in the forums there, and while I like it, I prefer Lit because of the atmosphere. I find people much more friendly and accepting. And whoever said it has a point-even the redundant threads are getting plenty of replies. If people are interested, whats the big deal?
  3. InSearchoftheForce Jedi Padawan

I have to agree about the redundant threads, as a newbie to these forums, I am having a difficult time sorting out what to read and what not to read, and finding the same thing over and over, just trying to find a decent thread....
  4. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    I disagree also. Jimmy's death (and some other events I wont mention) is the biggest thing to happen in the NJO series yet and SbS happens to be the longest and most anticipated book in the series yet.

That's not an excuse for anyone to create another Kyp thread or "I have a thought ( SbS spoilers...)" thread when they can be added to an existing one. If everyone posts in the right places, it's easier to respond and see everyone's thoughts.

Give use a break! What would you rather talk about Sturm?

I don't want to talk about SbS at all. Because I have not read it and want to keep an element of surprise for when I do. But that was chucked out the window with the biggest surprise of all, thanks to the various idiots that get honored in my sig.

Between books this place is empty. PSA this, PSA that. If you are tired of redundent threads go back to PSA.

It's either empty, or crammed with too many threads on the same thing here in Lit. I prefer the former. And no one needs a "new" book to talk about stuff. There's about 50 existing SW books, 4+ movies, and thousands of other stories and games to discuss in the continuity.

But no...people would rather talk about Vong vs. the Borg and Luke vs. Qui-Gon.

And I visit PSA everyday. I don't spend all my time in one forum like some people.

How come Sturm? SOmething inappropriate? I'm not seein it.

Better hope an admin doesn't see it. I was warning you. Cussing is grounds for banning. I don't personally care, but others might.
  5. Keyan_Stele Force Ghost

star 2
    I don't feel like scrolling through countless pages of a single thread to sort out a million opinions on one book. I see no trouble in mulitple threads on a book as long as two threads don't have the same title. In fact, it's quite a bit simpler for me to look for a certain topic by thread heading then by hunting within a thread that may include the specific topic I'm after. Also different threads might present different angles on a relatively similar issue or point at the outset setting off a chain of thought that moves in an entirely different direction.
    I can only say that I'm glad that the admins. have a relatively open mind about some things and don't run things around here with an iron fist. I definitely wouldn't come here at all if they did.
    (Of course some smart a$$ will probably say my lack of attendance would be a good thing.)
  6. Vergere Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't want to talk about SbS at all. Because I have not read it and want to keep an element of surprise for when I do.

so you're saying that since you haven't read it, and you don't want to be spoiled, those that have read it and want to discuss cannot? that's unfair. you've been here for well over a year, you know what happens when a book comes out. if you wanted to stay completely unspoiled you should have just stopped going to lit for a while...it won't kill you.
  7. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    so you're saying that since you haven't read it, and you don't want to be spoiled, those that have read it and want to discuss cannot? that's unfair. you've been here for well over a year, you know what happens when a book comes out. if you wanted to stay completely unspoiled you should have just stopped going to lit for a while...it won't kill you.

I'm saying that people need to keep things orderly and confine their thoughts into aprox. 6 threads.

And if I knew I would be so unwarrentedly spoiled so much, I *would* have left Lit for about a month. I was under the assumption that certain people would actually keep a spoiler secret for those that didn't want to know. After all, I do that with AotC stuff. But I guess I assumed wrong.
  8. Vergere Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And if I knew I would be so unwarrentedly spoiled so much, I *would* have left Lit for about a month.

ahhh, that's key. for some reason, it seems that AOTC spoilers are much more contained than EU ones. maybe it's simply because i never go to those boards though.

anyways, lit has always had a problem with containing spoilers. when matt trias's thread was first posted before the book actually came out about four other threads popped up within the hour containing unwarned for spoilers. :(

i guess after a while people here just become accostomed to it.
  9. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    I'm wasting my time with this thread, aren't I?
  10. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.