main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Stories from Imperial Center - by Grand Moff LaPaire, and Darth Taitor

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Izird, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jobi-wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Did anyone except my cousin think to use a ditch as a bmx half pipe ?

How many points do you get if you do the 360 and land on one of the ends

2. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2002
    you get one point -

3. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jan 19, 2003
    Ok i'm gonna start telling my friends about it

4. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jan 19, 2003
    ok you might not find this funny but i do ko i was just trying to get my friend to send me a song (puppet from thousand foot krutch )and when i was looking how i sent him a song by acsadent and then he sent me kazaa by acsadent and i was downloading it before ethir of us realized it but finaly im geting the song :D

5. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002
    ya thats messed up -

6. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    Ok, I have a couple of stories. I have permission to tell these stories, but I decided to change the name anyways... :)

Ok, so one of us in the group has a habit of saying things before (s)he realizes what (s)he's saying. This makes for some really interesting laughs, a couple of which are recorded below.

What's Your Hair Color?

So Denise and Steph and Ben and Ryan and I were on our way to Sussex Middle School, where we help lead a youth group every Friday. We were cruisin in my car, discussing hair color, for some reason. Anyways, one who shall remain nameless pipes up and says, "I'm a dirty blonde!" Of course, the whole car errupts in laughter, with our friend almost scratching his/her head in confusion. Then you just see the light come on, followed by "OH GOOD GRIEF NO!" Yes, makes for a great laugh. Ranks right up there with "What? No!"

Junior High Girls = teh Airheads

The nameless wonder and I also help with a youth group at our church every Tuesday night. So we were just walking around the youth room, watchin the kids. One of the basketball hoops is broken, so to keep people from using it, they just put a couple of couches under it (really smart, if you think about it [face_plain] ). Anyways, there were some girls sitting on the couch under the hoop. So, we were looking at this basketball hoop, and friend leans over to me and says, "Wouldn't it be funny if someone threw a basketball through the hoop, and it landed, well..." At this point, I started putting friend on a (pretend) guilt trip about bashin a bunch of girls in the head with a basketball, and how bad it was. Friend says, "But they're full of air!" Of course, (s)he claims (s)he was talkin about the balls...and if you believe that ;)

Anyways, those are my funny stories for now. Since I've spent a bunch of time here, that means more time to stay up and work on my stupid paper!

7. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002
    wow i have a quess at who this is - i will find out - well it really doesn't matter -

8. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jan 19, 2003
    lol i told someone where im from and nobodyelse noticed and seeing you all were asking me when i first got on a i thot it was funny you didnt notice

9. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    *LOOKS AT TAMMY* you cant say nameless wonder!!! since i am the one who made it famous... lol, so either, you and teri's cat now named chloe (formerly named nameless wonder... by me) were working at a youth group... or you and my car (another former naimeliswundr)... ;)... but... lol, i guess it is all good... i still love ya

10. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    so yeah... here is a story that im sure that no one really knew i did... except for teri... for some odd reason, she knows a lot about me... things i didnt think she knew :S
    anywho...
    jeremy ketchum, matt raham, and i (spanky) basically started a now dead polar bear club at school... (when the 3 wacky founders of such an organization leave... it has a hard time staying alive).
    well, one day... jeremy, matt, and i all decided to go and jump into the kenebecasis river behind the school.... now you might be thinking... that isnt so bad.... well, it was the december... in the maritimes no less.
    so, we get into our shorts... and shirts (mind you we HAD to wear shirts... bbc would have shot us if we were running around campus with no shirts on... or else we wouldnt have worn them) no socks, shoes, or anything else that could act as a warming device... and as we were on our way out... we recruited a few people to go with us... sam farrugia... and john higgins... a floridian who had NEVER seen snow first hand EVER in his life up to this point.
    so, at this point... we have 1 michigander(me), 1 new yorker(jeremy), 1 ontarian(matt) 1quebeccer(sam), and 1 floridian(john)... so, going down to the river... we only heard one person complaining about the cold... john... the southerner... lol, the rest uf us grew up in the cold so we were used to it... anywho... we get to the edge of the river, and survey it... and we had come to the decision that it was going to come up to about waist height (the watter)... after a tad bit of stalling... we counted.... 1......2......3 and we all jumped into NECK high watter... that was about 20 degrees farenheit (it was too soon for the water to have frozen... thats why it was so cold, without the ice)... we got out of that water as fast as we could.... but having the water being so cold, and 2 foot taller than we had anticipated... it took our breath away... INSTANTLY... so we got out, and we were running back to the dorm (a snail coulda beat us... WE WERE FROOOOOO ZEN) and *graphic description notice for tammy* we all had shrinkage... and it kept shrinking, and shrinking... and we could all feel it, and it sucked.... finally... 3/4 of the way back to the dorm, we got some relief from the shrinkage... we all went IMMEDIATELY to the showers, where we turned on a cold shower.... boy was that a nice warm shower...
    so yeah... theres a bonehead story for you

11. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002
    Well tonight i had the chance to bring a backsliden guy back to God. It was amazing, we went to dorchestor prison tonight, and i at the prison i started talkign to this guy named darren. He was telling about all the stuff he does in prison and then he started talking about his step father. Well as he began explaining to me, his step father brought him to christ and he recently had left the jail cause his sentence was up, well he started crying and stuff saying that he didn't have anyone to confide in anymore and stuff cause they were real close, well i prayed for him, so did josh, and together because of the love of God, He sent down His love and such and the man started crying and being super happy and such, so now he is real happy , darren, and i am praying for him.

Another story

Really more for info than anything,

last friday night we had an annual youth quake , it was amazing we held some worship and such which went real great, it was amazing to be able to talk to loads of middle schoolers in their own school about Jesus, well anyway during the worship we sang heart of worship and two middle schoolers were slow dancing to it. In the place there was the usuall ppl that held there hands to God and then some sitting on chairs not really doing anything and right in the middle were two kids slow dancing - it was somthing to see ! -

12. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Dorchester story = TEH AWESOME! PRAISE GOD! :D

Youthquake Story: I can't believe I missed that! Mike was talkin about it at 6:29 on Sunday...I have no idea where I was...I think I was still in the gym during that...

13. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002
    Tammy - no it was after the gym - unless you were cleaning up or something - but it was real funny -

14. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Well, Steph and Ben and I stayed behind and talked to a couple of girls from Lifeforce...

15. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002
    What did they do ? how were they ? i never got the chance to speak with them - ppl give us stories !!

16. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Awesome, good to see people keep the stories coming! Um...I have nothing to say, because nothing really happened lately except that Tammy and I really got our professor for April fool's by telling him that his fly was down. Lol!

17. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    LOL! Poor Troy! That was great...

Our youth professor, Troy, is one of the greatest guys in the world. In his classes, if someone is laughing, he has to know what they're laughing at. He will stop class to find out what they're laughing at. So Ryan and I decided to use this to our advantage. In the middle of class on April Fool's, Ryan and I just start laughing. Of course, as predicted, Troy stops class and asks us what we're laughing at. Ryan writes "Your fly is down!" on a piece of paper and hands it to Troy. Instantly Troy's face goes worried and his hand reaches down to check his fly. It was awesome! Then he realized what we had done, and threw the paper back at Ryan. I love the professors here! They are so great!

18. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002
    Not Bad ! -

well my grandmother recently passed away - its ok shes in heaven - and well it really sucks but thats why i havn't been in school lately. But my easter was good before that occured ! -

19. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002

This is not a funny story but...

I have grown a lot this semester. I met this girl that completely made me change who i was for the better. Closer to God, not change who i am but make me a better person. She doesn't know the effect she has had on my life, and now i don't know how to tell her, but thats ok. I just want to tell you guys , in the group, that you are great cause even when i was going through all this stuff you were there for me, giving me rides and such, I really appreciat it. Well at least now i can come away from bethany knowing why i went, and its not just you guys, its everything, God has really helped me but now i feel like i am falling back into what i don't want to be in, its difficult. Thanks

20. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Thanks, Jon...and yes, you have grown a lot! I've noticed it quite a bit. I'm just sorry I didn't say something sooner. Can't wait to see what you're gonna do after Bethany! :)

21. goblindork

goblindork Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2003
    Okay I have been thinking very hard on what to post on this thread, but I finelly figured it out! tammy and all the other Liveing Paribles will love this one.

Okay so I had been at school for like only a week, classes hadn't even started yet and travis, who I had just met as he was trying to tie my shoe, ask me to go with him and a bunk of his friend to see the movis signs.
    so i walk over with him to tammy's car and get in the front. just after introdutions tammy sayes "just to worn you we are a little wierd."
    and a said back, "you guys can't be as bad as drama people"
    and what happends but a courus ringing through the car as every one shouts "we are drama People"

okay so it is not that funny, but you know what can i say.

22. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jan 19, 2003
    Good to hear gand admiral its a good thing to get into now for my story

Ok my friend's roommate made a raft and when they used it they got a little way down the river and it crashed and the fire ppl have to get them i thot it was funny non got hurt that i know of befor you think im a monster cus im laughing that someone crashed a raft. <><

23. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Gloria...LOL...that will always be a great memory. You were destined to be one of us! :D

Hehe...I know the people who crashed the raft, Jobi! Last year, when they made something real stupid to float down, they got in trouble. They had gotten in trouble, too, the year before that, for floating down the river on an huge piece of ice they had chipped free! They are crazy people!

24. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Lol! If there is one thing I regret not doing at Bethany, it is floating on the Kennebecasis River in some makeshift raft! And I'm not being sarcastic, I'm really quite serious about that.

Anyone wanna go buy some plastic tubs? ;)

25. goblindork

goblindork Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2003
    plastik tubes? river? raft?
    sounds like i great time. i would definetly be down with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.