main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stories set in the Future of the GFFA

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Mar 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Actually, we already do have a story of the New Republic and Earth meeting..it's called E.T.! I mean, it's been established that they DO exist in the SW universe, in TPM and most recently in Cloak of Deception. Plus E.T. recognizes Yoda's species by seeing a halloween costume of him. Fun to think about really.

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I like the idea of the Jedi splitting up.

Sean Williams, in his book 'Metal Fatigue' is about a city set the future, Kennedy Polis, which is a fortified city in the old United States, which has been devastated by war.

Anyway, to my point, there are two forces in the city, the RSD, and the MSA. The RSD's charter is to protect from external attacks, while the MSA is to protect from internal attacks - a similar concept could be used for the Jedi . . . Jedi based in the Core would be the police force, protecting the citizens from themselves, and there could be a Caste of Jedi based in the Outer Rim, protecting from external invading forces, such as like the Yuuzhan Vong.

3. Beor

Beor Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2001
    I think the idea of a fragmented galaxy without any central government is the most intriguing set about 200-500 years after NJO.
    I'd envision this as kind of a Dune like galaxy without the emperor. The Republic would be a handful of star systems at the core, but w/out Coruscant, I'd like to see that planet completly laid to waste in NJO.
    Another plus would be if somehow (Vong interference, lack of hyperspace routes) galaxy's various kingdoms, confederacies, and empires became estranged so all the traveling are future heros would do would be to regions where the people and culture aren't well known.

4. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I really hope that obviously, Ben Skywalker plays a large part in any future stories, set in the time when he is an adult.

5. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Beor, I like your idea of a fragmented galaxy, where there are many small Republics, Confederations and Nation States.

I wonder if pockets of Jedi would belong to each, or serve the galaxy as a whole?

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Maybe the Jedi Councils could have conflicting views on that kind of a galaxy, with maybe 6 Councils or so.

That would be differant.

7. loontexas

loontexas Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2001
    these are all good idea's, ut the problem is most have already happened. a confederation of NR factions (episode 2), the jedi order disagreements (jedi vrs sith).

the idea of the future of the GFFA is cool though. only problem is, its hard to look to a future of the NR. inter galactic expeditions have already been tested, by then the republic could span into another galaxy, plus who knows how the jedi could change between current and future GFFA.

we know current GFFA jedi havent even caught up with the pre-imperial order's lessons in the forces (they dont even know of the living and moving force). i doubt it would be possible for a future series not to interfere with the current GFFA.

8. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    What would you like to see after NJO then? A conjoinging of themes between prequel and classic trilogy, where the hero's discover all about their past?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.