main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Storing/Displaying autographs

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth-Dogfish-Head, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Hi,
    I'm just wondering how people store their autographs. I guess I always had dreams of framing my autographs and matting them with a the picture of the talent signing the picture, and the pose of me with that person. Since I'm not about to build a new wing to my house to accommodate that type of thing, how do you store/display yours? I purchased some heavyweight, acid free, archival quality top load sheets and put them all in my CV binder for now.

2. LordWast

LordWast Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    I frame mine in the 8x10 metal frames from walmart because there is very little "frame" which shows off the picture and helps with wall space. I cut down the picture of me with the person and put it in a corner of the frame where it doesn't block the picture or the signature.
    I currently have on my wall:
    SW:
    Ray Park (darth Maul)Met at Celebration 3
    Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)Met at Celebration 3 and 5
    Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)Met at Celebration 5
    Carrie Fisher (Leia)Met at Celebration 5

Non Star Wars:
    -I have some Buffy cast members (Buffy, Xander, Anya, and Tara)
    -Comedians Kathleen Madigan, and Lewis Black (met him back stage after 1 of his shows)
    - And a poster of Weird Al Yankovic (It's his the saga begins star wars parody poster he signed for me backstage after his concert)

Put that with all of my Taekwon-Do certificates and awards and you have guessed it.
    I am out of wall space!!! I constatly have to rearange my entire room to fit more.
    By the way I like the binder idea I might switch to it.

3. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    The only Star Wars autograph I have is Jeremy Bulloch's, he signed my Boba Fett "500th action figure" box.

He signed it with a paint pen on the plastic which I noticed scratched, so I searched for a larger enough shadow box to place the whole boxed figure in. :p

Otherwise I have an autographed Matchbox Twenty CD insert I got from buying their last album early, I got a small square frame for it. Had the hardest time finding one the right size. They make CD and CD insert double frames bit I only needed the 5inch square.

Also I have 3 Green Arrow comics I bought from a used/collectibles/antiques store for 2 dollars each that when I got home I saw appear to be signed by Mike Grell- but I don't know for sure if they're real. Right now they're just in a box with other older comics.

4. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm pretty happy with how the binder came out, it's definitely a compromise to what I wanted to do, but I know the pictures are safe and I can still see them whenever I want. I am going to print out 8 by 10 pictures of the person signing the picture and one of me with them right after they signed the picture and put those back to back in their own top load sleeve and place them behind the actual autograph and also create an index listing how I obtained the autograph. It might sound a little silly, but I think it will work out well.

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Here's who I have so far from SW...

David Prowse-from his website
    Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)-from his website
    Peter Mayhew-from his website
    Billy Dee Williams-Super Mega Fest 2006
    Ray Park-Super Mega Fest 2007
    Jeremy Bulloch (Captain Colton) Super Mega Fest 2007
    Garrick Hagan (Biggs)-Super Mega Fest 2008
    Anthony Forrest ("These aren't the droids you're looking for" stormtrooper)-Super Mega Fest 2008
    Daniel Logan- New England Fan Experience 2008
    Michael Pennington-Wattographs Signing 2007
    Ben Cooke (Kit Fisto)-Wattographs Signing 2007
    Mark Hamill-Official Pix signing 2009
    Gerald Home (Squid Head)-Super Mega Fest 2009
    Carrie Fisher-Official Pix signing 2000

The rest are all from CV
    Jake Lloyd
    Dermot Crowley and Caroline Blakinston (General Madine and Mon Montha)
    Paul Blake (Greedo)
    Mike Quinn (Nien Numb)
    Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar)
    Peter Mayhew
    John Morton (Dak)
    Matthew Wood
    George Roubicek (Commander Praje)
    Chris Muncke (Captain Khungee)
    Amy Allen (Aayla Secura)
    Allan Harris and Chris Parsons (Bossk and 4-Lom)
    Orli Shoshan (Shaak Ti)
    Julian Glover (General Veers)
    Mike Edmonds (ugnaught)
    Mike Edmonds (Ewok)
    Ian Liston
    Frank Henson
    Mike Edmonds (Jabba's tail), John Coppinger (Jabba's sculptor and tail) Toby Philpott (Jabba's left hand)
    Richard Bonehill (Ree Yees)
    Gary Kurtz (producer)
    Nick Gillard (sword master)
    Dicky Beer (gammorean guard)
    Anthony Daniels

I just ordered Warrick Davis's autograph from his webiste, he only signed for about 2-3 hours at CV so I didn't even try to get it then, figured the lines would be crazy.

Then only non Star Wars autograph I have is Bobby Orr. That one's actually framed and in my basement.

6. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I also store my autographs in binders.
    I bought binders and acidfree pocket refills at arrowfile.com

They also have pockets with room to write something about the photo.
    I didn't buy that kind because I wanted maximum room in the pocket, allthough I do put a small label both on the back of the photo and on the pocket to show at what show I got the autograph, at what location, if it isn't selfexplainatory and what date.

I have meet and have have autographs from more than 150 different people and the info about when and where is nice to have.

7. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Mr M...how long have you had your autographs in the sheets? I've heard good things about the archival, acid free sheets.

8. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    My 8 x 10's I have in thick plastic protecter sleeves. The poster I have I still need to frame but I am hoping to someday get more sigs for it.

9. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Darth-Dogfish-Head, so sorry I haven't answered you. I didn't think to look in here again.[face_blush] :(

It isn't very long. I only bought it in february this year.
    I have been collecting autographs for more than ten years. Up untill I got them sorted, everything has just been in small piles. Though with notes of when and where. But they haven't been so I could flip through them and enjoy them as they are now.

10. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    When I had my POTF/SOTE 'IG-88 vs Boba Fett' signed by Jeremy Bulloch he - generously - suggested 'Seamlin' tupperware boxes, nailed to walls or shelved, as a cheap dsiaply case - don't know if you can get them in the states.

11. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Thanks for getting back to me Mr. Mundi! I haven't been on here in some time myself. Lizardmonkey, thank you for the tip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.