Storm Ahead.com updated

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Macho, Feb 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Even though it makes me feel wrong to no end to do it, I have to agree with you completely, Kev.

Let's see this movie! :D

M. Scott
  2. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I've put another select picture up on our website.
    Poor old Nikki, it looks as though she's in for a rough time in this movie as well :( The fourth select actually WON'T be of Nikki. I'll post a notice when it's up.
  3. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not of Nikki?

[face_shocked]

Well, this select is cool.
  4. The-Matt-Man Jedi Master

star 4
    Aren't you a bit short for a Stormtrooper :)
  5. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks pretty good! So daft, could you give me a little hint on when the trailer is coming?...I need motivation to work on my fanfilm ;)
  6. Lone_Padawan Jedi Master

star 4
    Macho are you directly involved with this fanfilm, cause your acting like you are.
    Rhedeg i fwrdd yn gyflum nawr a bydd fi dim yn lladd ti. (Bwwhhahahahaah)
  7. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I need motivation to work on my fanfilm

Go work on your fan film, Macho.
  8. Lone_Padawan Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't need enymore motivation than that :D
  9. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    So daft, could you give me a little hint on when the trailer is coming?...I need motivation to work on my fanfilm
    I'll release my trailer a day after you release yours. How's that for a bit of motivation? :p
  10. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    so sometime way in august?... :p
  11. Cunard Jedi Knight

star 1
    Daft, what are you using for compositing? Are you still going with native AE, or did you upgrade to Primatte, etc.?
  12. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    I belive he is using AE, and CTK plugin
  13. fritz Jedi Padawan

Daft
    You've heard many times already but once again, your Storm Ahead project looks inspiring, really clean design. I looked all around but could find nothing on your graphics/film background. What is your previous experience prior to the Dvgarage kit? I ask, because its nice to see someone like myself grow form the world of 2D adobe and take on so much. I'm not doing a SW fanfilm, but the stories do in inspire my own projects.
    Thanks
  14. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    he also did dark skies...his company(i think) site is nutleys.com
  15. fritz Jedi Padawan

Macho
    What genre would your fanfilm fall under,drama, tribute, schlocky comedy and will there be a story?!!!
  16. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    my film will be a similar style to duality...its made to have sequals made later...for people to understand my total story better
  17. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I see I have a press secretary, don't recall employing one :p

Cunard: So far all of the compositing has been done with the dvkeyer this time around, plus a few garbage mattes here and there. Really nothing 'tricksy' at all.

Fritz: I have a background in advertising, so I guess I have a headstart on a lot of people in certain areas, but my 3D experience was pretty well none existent before the 3D Toolkit. I made (as has been said) a film called Dark Skies, which is in my signature, and this used a host of already existing models from SWMA and Sci-Fi 3D. It always left me a little frustrated becuase it didn't look the way I really wanted it to (I really didn't get much out of Strata, apart from ships being able to pan along very linear motion paths)

DVGarage dropped into my lap, and suddenly I realised I could do/learn what I wanted, and create a film entirely from my own stuff. Great fun, and far more rewarding than using someones elses models. My 'proper work' website is here, which was my first ever website design, it really needs an update, but isn't going to get one any time soon :(

If you are still reading all the way down here, I have posted another select picture. This is the last one before the trailer, and it doesn't have Nikki in! :eek:
  18. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    HOLY **** that is VERY,VERY, VERY VERY VERYVERY,VERY, VERY VERY VERYVERY,VERY, VERY VERY VERYVERY,VERY, VERY VERY VERYVERY,VERY, VERY VERY VERYVERY,VERY, VERY VERY VERYVERY,VERY, VERY VERY VERYVERY,VERY, VERY VERY VERYVERY,VERY, VERY VERY VERY Cool!!!!!!!!!!so this means the trailer is coming out soon?
  19. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I see you are having fun with the Knoll Lens flare plug-in, eh?

Anyway, WHEN'S THE TRAIL, *cough*, when's the trailer?
  20. Darth_Apporth Force Ghost

star 1
    So, Daft... that's what you look like!

"Hi, honey, I'm home!"

No, but seriously... the production design looks fantastic - I am constantly amazed by the quality of work appearing on this site...

Looking forward to seeing more...
  21. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    so this means the trailer is coming out soon?
    No, it just means I'm not going to post any more selects for a while :p

I see you are having fun with the Knoll Lens flare plug-in, eh?
    Don't worry, I'm choosing the single frames with lens flares in for the selects becuase it makes me chuckle, imagining the pain the 'lens flare lobby' are going through. :p In the trailer there are probably only about eight frames with lens flares in - honest.

Just to put your find at rest, below is one of the selects a few frames on. As a single, stand alone image, I just prefer the ones with the flares.
    [image=http://www.stormahead.com/images/noflare.jpg]

22. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not really THAT much against lens flares, Daft.

It's just when they're used too much, or look bad (yours look good), they get on my nerves.
  23. Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Master

star 4
  24. Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Master

star 4
    When does the Trailer come out?
  25. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    I've asked him, eagles asked, him int telling...it going to be a surprise
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.