main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~Storm~~~ (Some angst and torture)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh my... Obi lost in a tornado... :( It's getting more and more interesting! [face_mischief]

2. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    I can already hear the song in *we are off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of Oz because because because bcause! All the wonderful things he dose. dum dum du du du dum!*

Post soon! *Puppy dog obi face* pwease Sirir pwease!

3. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Obi's lost in a storm? Perfect! [face_devil] *Joins Ganki in singing.* Look, I see the yellow brick road! ;)

More soon please! :D

KG :cool:

4. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Nat: Reeally nice! ;)

Ganki: Honestly! Ganki! Sheesh ;)

KenobisGirl: NOT YOU TOO! ;) You guys are so funny!

"Jinn, don't be stupid!" Tres exclaimed. "The kid's toast out there anyway!"
    Qui-Gon whirled on the major his eyes flashing defiance as he turned to the door. "Okay, touchy subject." Tres mumbled. "But Jinn, you can't be serious, you said he knew you were coming this way, so he'll probably be on his way here."

"I just hope the boy didn't stray too far north." Heana stated worriedly from a computer terminal. "The fog is getting thick over there." Qui-Gon opened the door and gust of wind blew through. Governor Quadica and Senator Porshe' were staying at the lab and Quadica nodded to Qui-Gon as the Jedi Master walked out the door. Qui-Gon felt a chill as he ventured out into the dark night. He soon sensed that someone was following him. He didn't turn but kept going through the dark. He knew that disasters such as this brought out looters, but usually the looters didn't attack people unless they stood in their way. Qui-Gon continued walking without a single look back. He could sense that the person was moving as he did as not to loose him. Suddenly a man stepped out of the bushes in front of him. He was dressed in a dark black jumpsuit with a equally dark cape.

"Hey Jedi, what are you doing out on a night like this?" Qui-Gon knew that there was another man behind him, and as he concentrated, realized their were two on one side of him and two on the other side. He was surrounded.

"I'm trying to find someone." Qui-Gon said simply, deciding that until he had made a plan it would be best to answer straight.

"Looking for a fight?" The man asked casually.

"I don't really have the time," Qui-Gon said calmly, though his mind was racing, in the rain he couldn't use his lightsaber, also he knew that his limited unarmed combat couldn't take on six adversaries. His only option then was to run.

"That's too bad," The man continued. "Cause I'm really up to having a fight right now." Qui-Gon nodded, then quickly dodged to the side, he jumped over a large rock putting it in between him and the other man. He caught sight of the next figure jumping in from the side trying to snag Qui-Gon at the feet. Qui-Gon didn't waste time, he ducked around the rock and ran forward. He knew he had done the opposite of what his enemy had thought he would do. He tore right through their ranks and raced back the way he had come. The man who had been following from behind jumped out from a patch of foliage and drew a dagger on the Jedi. Qui-Gon ducked out of the way, with a high jump he kicked the man in the face, knocking him flat. Unfortunately, this distraction had given two others the chance to catch up. One leapt at Qui-Gon and drove a dagger into the Jedi's arm. Qui-Gon let out a gasp of pain. Two others of the group grabbed him by the arms pinning him to the ground. The one who had stabbed him slammed his foot down onto Qui-Gon's leg.

"Where's the boy?" He asked, a bolt of lightning sizzled through the sky. Qui-Gon wasn't about to tell them where Obi-Wan was even if he had known, which he didn't. He realized he was out of options. One of the men placed his dagger against Qui-Gon's neck. "Better start talking." The leader sneered. Suddenly blaster fire rang through the air and the one holding the dagger fell. The leader looked up just as more blaster fire brought down one of the men holding Qui-Gon down. Qui-Gon kicked out his free leg and caught the leader across the legs bringing him down. The other one holding Qui-Gon gave up and fled into the trees, the leader too disappeared. The last two gave a few shots from their blasters, but once their leader ran so did they. Blaster fire brought one down, but the other escaped. Qui-Gon didn't move for a moment, then a hand reached down to him. Qui-Gon took it and stood, he was shocked to see his rescuer was Tres.

"Major?" Confusion read plainly on Qui-Gon's face. Tres looke

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Yes Qui, even Dorothy had back up in the form of scarecrow, tin man and cowardly lion. And who can forget toto.

Sorry SiriGallia but I just couldn't resist [face_mischief]

6. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    heehee nice one Padawan Kitara! I was just thinking maybe this could be a wizard of oz crossover! Nah there wouldn't be enough Obi/Angst! there will be some nice Obi/Angst won't there?

That was a great post! Post again very very very very very very very very very soon. Love the fic :)

"Come on Toto we must go see the Wizard!"

*skips down the yellow brick road and hums we are off to see the wizard....*

7. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    SORRY IT'S TAKEN SO LONG!!! I'm REEEEALLY sorry! I hope y'all haven't given up on me yet!!

Note: You two and your yellow brick road ;) You crack me up! :D

Chapter 5

Draike gazed across the weather beaten land, his eyes probed the fog ahead. It would be easy for anyone to get lost in the thick fog. He leaned against a tree and fell asleep. Suddenly he started awake. His eyes blinked open then he blinked again. There was a misty haze before his eyes, suddenly he realized what it was. Fog. Draike turned and ran back the way he had come, he ran for a full five minutes before he had cleared the fog. He turned back to look at it, the fog was spreading faster and picking up speed. It was slowly engulfing the whole planet.

"This is not to be permitted, Governor." Tres snapped. "If you bring Senator Jerris into your peaceful planet, he will bring death upon yourself."

"It is decided, Major." Porshe' said silkily. "Negotiations are completed."

"I don't care if negotiations are completed, Senator!" Tres exclaimed. "Jerris tried to kill two Jedi Knights! Also, what business do you have completing negotiations without the Jedi that you invited."

"We decided we didn't need his assistance." Porshe' said. "We completed them last night. Now, calm down. We don't know that these men had anything to do with Jerris. Likely they were simply looters or some sort of riffraff like that."

"That would be impossible, Sir, because unless you know something that I don't about looters, they don't tend to carry around daggers attacking strong people with nothing valuable." Tres said patiently.

"Maybe they didn't know that Master Jinn didn't have anything valuable." Porshe' said. "Also, they didn't try to kill both Jedi Knights, nor do they show any sign of trying."

"That's not true Senator." Qui-Gon spoke up.

"Which?" Porshe' asked smoothly.

"Both, they can be answered by one simple thing. Once they had me down, one, which I assume was their leader, asked where the boy was." Porshe' didn't have a response, so Qui-Gon continued. "Now, obviously they wanted to kill both of us, but they wanted to know were Obi-Wan was before they killed me. Also, they were obviously not just a bunch of thugs who wanted money, they wanted to kill us for some purpose, and the only ones who knew that Jedi were here, was the council of Governor Quadica, the council of Senator Jerris, Major Tres, and Doctor La'enar." Qui-Gon sighed. "Now, we checked the apartment building, it was swept away, but no bodies were found, so I assume they all escaped, I wish to find my Padawan, but that may take a great amount of time. Do you suggest--" Suddenly a loud siren began blaring. Heana recognized it.

"Oh no!" She exclaimed. "Major," Tres moved to her side. "The vapor is breaking through the atmosphere!"

"Estimated time?" Qui-Gon asked moving to the terminal.

"Two hours." Heana's eyes went wide. "We can't possibly evacuate the planet that fast!"

"Send word to the people." Tres said. "Tell them not to try and escape the planet, they'll get destroyed in that storm up there."

"What do we do?" Quadica asked.

"We have to get the people to the Opria Mountains, and fast." Tres turned to Heana. "Doctor, can you get a word out from Storm News room?"

"I-I can't," Heana said, "I have to keep track of these signals."

"Can I help with anything?" Qui-Gon asked. Tres turned.

"Yes, you can, you can give the word to the people." Qui-Gon cocked an eyebrow.

"Me?"

"Yes sir." Tres nodded. "Vri,"

"Yes, Major?"

"Go help man the cameras for master Jinn here." Tres said.

"What of the interference?" Heana asked.

"We have managed to keep this particular station running with all the power." Tres told her. "We need to give this message to the people."

8. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ooo, great posts! Don't tempt me, Ganki!

I'll get you, my pretty Obi, and your little lightsaber too! Muahahaha!!!

Sorry, couldn't help it!

KenobisGirl [face_laugh] :p

9. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    not bad.

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh noooo the wicked witch of a storm is comming. Run for the emerald city [face_laugh]

11. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Aaaah, the wicked witch! Good point! Is there going to be one? :D

I like where this is going, don't stop!

12. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great post!!!!

Obi allone in the fog with asassins hunting him,typicle :) !! I hope Qui-Gon will find him soon!

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

13. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    KenobisGirl: Oh brother! You guys WON'T let that GO! ;)

Jacen: oh thanks. :D

Kitara: There IS no emerald city! It got wiped out with the tornado! [face_devil]

Nat: Out in the rain? I don't think she would dare! ;)

Angel: Yep! Typical! That's what makes it fun ;)

Livie held to her baby girl as her husband sat next to her flipping through the blank channels of the holo projector. Suddenly the news station came up on the screen.

"Ladies and Gentlemen." The man at the news station spoke in a clear and calm voice. "We wish to send a message to the people, first a warning not to try and escape the planet's surface, any attempt will certainly destroy your craft, this is a high power storm. What you should do to escape is to go to the Opria mountain retreat center, we are receiving information at the lab that their is a massive amount of water vapor coming down from this storm cloud, it could mean a great deal of flooding." The man was temporarily covered by a picture of a whether map showing that the vapor would cover the whole planet. "Please pay attention to any tornado warnings, and please do not panic, the evacuation counts on everyone remaining calm. This is Qui-Gon Jinn from the Storm Laboratory of Rish-Eck." The picture disappeared and Livie exchanged a glance with her husband.

"Come on Livie," He said standing. "We had better get some things together."

Chapter 6

Obi-Wan had been walking aimlessly for a full half hour. His legs were tired and he felt like giving up. No! He couldn't give up. He kept walking though his legs really couldn't take it and he was exhausted. He didn't know how far off course he was, but the fog was getting thicker as he walked. Obi-Wan felt his mind racing, he felt a claustrophobic feeling as he walked. I want out! He felt like screaming. He took off through the fog not caring where he was going. He was running so fast he didn't see the rock. His foot caught across it, he managed to trip without twisting his ankle, but hitting the ground was painful enough. Obi-Wan didn't move for a long time, and soon he felt a drowsy sleep falling over him.

"Twenty minutes!" Heana called, "How's the evacuation going, Major?"

"Good except that we don't have confirmation of how many people have reached the shelter, Gavvers is working on it." Tres glanced over the equipment. "We'll have to leave this stuff here." Just then Tres' comlink beeped. "Tres."

"Major," Gavvers called over the comm. "We have a total of three million people in this retreat, the other has a total of roughly seven million." Tres nodded.

"Is that possible?" Qui-Gon asked. "I mean, there's that much space?" Qui-Gon knew that the planet wasn't very populated because three fourths of it was water, but even twenty million people couldn't fit in such a small space.

"You haven't seen this retreat," Tres smiled. "It will hold them all." Suddenly the ground trembled and shook, Qui-Gon and Tres fell to the ground.

"Blast," Heana murmured. "Well that's it, Major, we have to go, this vapor is coming faster then we had anticipated. We now have ten minutes and it's going fast." The workers in the lab were soon assembled. With Tres in the lead and Qui-Gon in the back, they started for the retreat. Already the rain was picking up outside, the governor and Senator Porshe' had started for the retreat earlier. Qui-Gon shook his head, he wasn't sure that Obi-Wan wasn't in the retreat, they hadn't been able to find a boy by his description, but in ten million people that wasn't surprising. Still he couldn't help worrying. They were just started up the mountain when Qui-Gon turned.

"Major, I'm going back," Tres realized the Jedi Master was serious.

"No Jinn, the boy isn't that important, you'll get killed."

"I don't care, I have to go." Qui-Gon started down the mountainside, Tres tried something a little more meaningful. He pointed his blaster at Qui-Gon.

"Forget it Jinn, we have to get these people to higher ground."

"You go," Qu

14. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Wow!
    I missed some good posts!
    Great job so far Siri....

15. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Awww...I love fics where Qui's out to find Obi! Yay! :) :)

16. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    You go, Qui!! And don't you get lost too!

Man... both of them out in the storm... I see problems ahead! ;)

17. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    NO OBI-WAN! Qui will save you *mumbles something under breath* Don't give up!

That was a great 2 post sorry I missed one!

*evil grin* *hums we are off to see the wizard* LOL nope I know I can't give it up!

18. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Up up up!! ;)

19. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Snowbee: OH! Thanks! I'm glad you got to catch up :D

LuvEwan: Thanx Ewan! :)

Nat: Yeah! That would be bad! But there are 'more things than Goblins in the dark places of Middle Earth' whoops...Um I meant to say 'more things then whether in the damp places of this storm' I think that's what I meant ;)

Ganki: Oh brother...well, if you can't beat um, join um! "Qui-Gon, I have a funny feeling we're not on Corascant anymore." ;)

Draike smiled as he watched Qui-Gon running down the mountain. "Fool." He sneered. "We'll have your Padawan before you do. Count on it." He pulled a comm out of his cloak. "Gleer, do you still have the boy in your sight?"

"Yes sir, he's out cold, do you want us to take him?"

"Wait, just keep him in your sight."

"Yes sir," Draike switched the comm off, then slowly followed after Qui-Gon.

Chapter 7

Obi-Wan struggled to his feet. His head was reeling, and he couldn't see straight; he blinked so that he would stop seeing two rocks. He rolled over onto his side. That's when he heard it. A thunderous sound of water. He realized that the rain had picked up, but that didn't sound like rain. He sat up and looked over his shoulder, and then he knew. A flood. Obi-Wan turned, without looking back he started to run, he knew he couldn't outrun the large mass of water, but he wanted to get the lighter end of it if he possible could. He felt the water pooling up around his feet, he continued to run, as it slowly moved up his legs he found it hard to run. He fell forward once and had to get back up and start running again. He felt the spray of on coming water. He had to find something to climb on. He suddenly saw a tree up ahead, he couldn't vouch for it's strength, but he had no choice. Obi-Wan swung one leg up to the lowest branch and pulled himself up. He climbed half way up before he stopped and looked down at the water. It came in one large rush, but the tree stood, a small house had been swept away from further up where the flood was heavier. Obi-Wan clung to the branch as a thin wave blew over him. For a moment Obi-Wan didn't move, then he felt the danger and turned. He felt his breath come short as he came face to face with a blaster. "You look lost." the man behind it smiled. "I've come to help you get back to your master." Obi-Wan's eyes flared.

"My master is safe somewhere by now, so you might as well just kill me." He snapped.

"Oh we intend to." his captor smiled. "After you Master comes to save you. Now, let's wait until this water spreads out a bit more, and then I'll help find your master."

20. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    You evil, evil man! I can't stand people who threaten my.. ahem! *our* Obi like that! *grabs a lightsaber* It's so easy to pick on a lost boy... Can I deal with that guy? :D Please?

21. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Oh oh!!!!

Poor Obi is in danger!!! I hope he´ll find a way to kick this man in his....

PLEASE MORE

Angel_Skywalker

22. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    grabs her lightsaber and joins Nat!* Obi I will help you after I finish with this guy! BWAHAHAHAHA!

*ahem* nice post! More soon I hope!

23. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    You know, SiriGallia, you might want to update before Ganki and I cut that man to pieces... :D *runs after the bad guy* Hey! Come back!!

24. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Nat: *giggles* Fine with me! but Qui just might beat you there ;) Oh! And you're right, I'd better post before I don't have a bad guy ;)

Angel: Hee hee Thanx!

Ganki: AH! Watch where you're swinging that thing! ;)

OK! Only ONE MORE POST AFTER THIS ONE!!!

Qui-Gon didn't know where to start looking. He was worried about the fog Heana had mentioned. He realized that the spreading fog was starting to thin out by the water. Right before he had gotten to the bottom of the mountain, the water had come, he had been up off the ground but he wondered if Obi-Wan had been out of the way of the oncoming water. He stretched out to catch his Padawan's sense.

~~~Obi-Wan~~~

Nothing.

~~~Obi-Wan!~~~

A reply came this time urgent and a little fearful.

~~~Qui-Gon, don't come after me! Please don't!~~~

Qui-Gon stopped dead in his tracks, water washing past him. Obi-Wan couldn't be serious. Something was wrong.

~~~Obi-Wan where are you?~~~

~~~No!~~~

The reply came even more urgently.

~~~Don't! It's a trap!~~~

Qui-Gon's mind was made up, he had to find Obi-Wan. He had a feeling he knew who had his apprentice, and he also knew that if he didn't hurry, it would be too late.

Before long he came to the Risheckian forest which was a great tourist attraction, it's large trees had openings that someone could stand up in. He glanced around, his apprentice's presence came lightly and as he stretched out he realized Obi-Wan was trying to bury his presence through their bond. It wasn't working.

~~~Obi-Wan~~~

Qui-Gon knew his Padawan wouldn't answer. Suddenly a voice sounded behind him.

"So, we meet again, Qui-Gon Jinn." Qui-Gon whirled. Through the misty rain, he recognized a the leader of the assassin group.

"You know my name." Qui-Gon said calmly. "I don't know yours."

"Draike," The man smiled. "As you see I am all alone."

"No," Qui-Gon shook his head. "There are two more behind me. You have two new cronies up in these two trees." Qui-Gon indicated the large Rish-Eck trees on either side of him.

"Very good." Draike smiled. "Now, hand over your lightsaber." Qui-Gon cocked an eyebrow.

"Why should I do that?" He asked. Draike didn't answer for a moment, but moved around Qui-Gon.

"You seem to have missed a new member of our party." Qui-Gon already knew and his mind went numb. Draike motioned to one of the men behind Qui-Gon. The man came into view holding Obi-Wan by the arm, the man had a dagger drawn against the boy's throat. Qui-Gon's gaze locked with Obi-Wan's. "Now, we almost have both of you," Draike smiled. "Hand over that lightsaber." Qui-Gon shook his head.

"You'll just kill him anyway."

"True," Draike nodded. "But if you hand it over, we'll kill him after you." Qui-Gon's eyes flared.

"You don't need him, he's just a boy, just take me." Draike shook his head. Qui-Gon made no move to hand the man his lightsaber. Draike nodded to the man holding Obi-Wan. The boys captor gave Obi-Wan a sharp kick in the chest. Obi-Wan had the breath knocked out of him. The man struck him again and again and Obi-Wan fell to the ground. The assassin cut the apprentice across the shoulder. Obi-Wan fell, his breath coming out in a hiss, he was trying hard not to be effected by the beating. Qui-Gon felt frozen. The assassin kicked the boy in the stomach and again in the chest. Obi-Wan gritted his teeth against the pain, but he let out a cry as the man pulled him up and slammed his wounded shoulder against a tree. Qui-Gon stepped forward. "Stop! Please leave him alone." Draike motioned for the man to stop.

"The lightsaber." Qui-Gon slowly handed it over. He knew he couldn't save his Padawan, he could only make it worse for the boy. "Smart move." Draike smiled. He drew a dagger, Qui-Gon knew he was going to kill him, he was ready. Suddenly their was a flash through the rain and Draike dropped the dagger. He let out a cry and held his hand which was badly burned, another shot came and took down the man holding Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon didn't waste a

25. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Thank you for the update!! I'm glad Qui-Gon and the Major finished those guys off, otherwise I would have done it myself! ;)

I liked Qui-Gon's "Padawan, are you all right?". Sure, he was only badly beaten, stabbed AND shot, but I bet he would gladly do a few push-ups! [face_laugh]

The only thing that makes me sad is the fact that there's only one post left... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.