main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Storm Trooper Out Fit???

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by DoormanMatt, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoormanMatt

DoormanMatt Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2003
    Where can I get a couple from, for my fan film!

2. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Do you just want the outfits or the people in them too?

Stormtrooper outfits aren't cheap and quite hard to get a hold of and especially hard to get hold of one that's decent quality. :)

3. DoormanMatt

Sep 18, 2003
    Well TBH, I was just after the uniforms, but you have raised an interesting point!

It will be easier and cheaper for me to find people who already own them and are willing to star in my film!

Any offers guyz, production starts after Xmas!

4. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    The guys at UK Garrison should be able to help you out :)

5. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Aye Luke but all the e-mail addresses on the site for contact purposes are disabled at the moment because they are having some problems. ;)

I'll have a word with one of the guys and see what he says :)

Edit - PM me with your e-mail address and I will try and get someone to contact you directly. I know one thing though, they wouldn't lend you just the suits ;)

6. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    Wouldn't lend you just the suits

Oh no, that was just a special offer for you Nic :p

7. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Twas payment in kind for my *cough*services*cough* [face_mischief]

8. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    ...because they are having some problems.

Oh? Pray tell.

9. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Just someone causing touble ;)

10. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    Is it those stupid kids and that pesky dog again? :eek:

11. DoormanMatt

Sep 18, 2003
    DAMN IT! THE SITE LOOKS GOOD, BUT AS ALREADY SAID THE CONTACT DETAILS ARENT WORKING, CAN ONE OF U GUYZ CONTACT ME!

DOORMANMATT@VIRGINSTUDENT.COM

CHEERS

MATT

12. Tie-Pilot

Tie-Pilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Why is it they always just want stormtroopers.

You sound just like AD! [face_mischief]

13. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Cuz chicks dig men in armour and not pilots who shine their pilot seats with their ass [face_mischief] :p ;)

Welcome by the way, I'm the London Chapters cheeky wench as well as Webmistress :)

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    But there are other armoured characters.

Boba & Jango, and Vader. What do you like about Stormtroopers?

15. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    I like Boba, Jango and Vader too *checks for rogue troopers* but Stormtroopers are a bit like dumb animals aren't they? you can't help but love them ;)

I've always loved the Stormtroopers from when I was a kid they just appealed to me greatly for some unknown reason. :)

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The suits are cool. Good for striking fear into opponents.
    And white represents imperial wealth.

17. Tie-Pilot

Oct 12, 2003
    HI all

Though pop my head in the door, and see what was around in Northern Hemisphere.

Quick intro: Names Doug - Used to hang around NSW ff boards looooong time back. Then been 501st last couple of yrs. Living just outside london in home counties.

Agree trooper Armour fun but had to sell my 'white sunblock' as its called back in Oz :cool: before coming over here. Still Have Pilot, Ackbar, and Hopefully Snowtrooper by MeM in Nov. :D

Armour still on Pilots - though not as much, more on Snowies and Stormies. So any particular favourite piece of armour cheeky wench ? Helmet or Codpiece prehaps [face_devil]

18. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Welcome once again TP ;)

Fave piece of armour oddly is the helmet... it's a mask thing but closely followed by the codpiece yes [face_mischief]

Might be at Mem in Nov all depending, shame about your trooper armour though I bet that was a bit of a wrench, I know how you guys get attatched :D

I'm working on a Zam Wessel outfit at the moment... on and off... much as I'd love to don the trooper armour I'm only 5'2" and I'd probably get the b'gzuz beaten out of me by the Jawas or something ;)

Nice to have you aboard :)

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yo Doug.

Forgot all about pilots. And Snow troopers are cool.

Mustn't forget imperial guards.

20. Tie-Pilot

Oct 12, 2003
    HI SLdr

thanks - Many many many servants has the Emperor. In many guises, mostly all with some form of nice armour :D

Really best costume is one that you dont see the 'person'. Many rebels even if have uniform (e.g. xwing) not so popular with crowds as still see the person inside (at least have face covered) - the advantage on Armour is mostly Imperial uniforms is that you see the 'character' not the person.

CW - Maybe in end best not as trooper the 'little short for a stormtrooper' jokes would be the worst, one has to keep restraint when in uniform (there again I should really restrain my Ackbar fish finger jokes *ah-ahem, cough*), and hearing the 'short' joke from every 2nd visitor at a major function might drive one slightly a tinsey wincy little bit over the edge methinketh. Zam Wessel would be cool how finished is it?

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    So many great outfits.

22. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    I think that's why I like Stormtroopers and Vader etc though because it takes away that 'personal' thing as you can't see who they are!

Zam is in the planning / research stage at the moment as there doesn't seem to be alot of people about who DO the Zam thing but being female and on the tiny side there's not alot of choice really. I'm making the whole thing from scratch too so it's going to take quite some time I should imagine. Yeah the "aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper" jibe would grate on me after a while... I feel sorry for TK717 he must get that all the time... I've seen pics of him as Palpetine though and he looks ACE!

You must be pretty much finished with your snowy outfit if you're going to be wearing it at Mem then?

...and please, call me Nic ;)

23. Tie-Pilot

Oct 12, 2003
    Nic

Finished armour - white sunblock is never finished! hehe - Just decided over the last weekend wanted it - hence my revival back to some of the old message boards.

Basic armour is being made - should be ready in 2 weeks time for so I can paint and finish it off in last couple of weeks before MeM. Boots are on the way over from Canada. Have e-11 & T-21 left over from my stormie armour & spare voice box. Have supplier for undersuit, golves and other garments sorted. Have to work on coat over next week hopefully.

I finished my Ackie the night before Magic & Myth opening Sydney, after going drinking with Garrison most late night before - nothing like sewing a fleece top at 3am in morning!

Saw Paplie at MeM earlier this year he looked real great. One of guys from our ANZ garrison got a bit peved once with jokes and can remember his 'responce' though he had be costuming for over 10 yrs hearing the joke- methinks so allowed to let off steam!

Back then we were discussing Clone trooper would be great - also the guys back home in NZ should have exclusivity due to required "Kiwi" clone accent :D

Re - Zam Wesell - I take it you've tried www.zam-wesell.com/ & mywebpages.comcast.net/zamiam/ Though be warned their methods are a very exact and $$ way to make.

24. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Aye there's always something to be fiddling with on white sunblock as you put it... I want to buy a set of trooper armour eventually but for my fanatic collector side and not for wearing... I know that it'll set me off on buying another set to do the Sandtrooper look with though so I'm putting off buying one for a while, but at least I won't get funny looks going and buying the materials to get the sandtrooper look though ;)

Drinking AND sewing... gzuz that's a dangerous passtime but it's all good fun!

A buddy of mine seems intent of making a set of clonetrooper armour but I haven't heard about that for a while so maybe he's given up... though he's Canadian / English so he hasn't got that Kiwi twang! If anyone should be troopers it's New Zealanders :D

Yeah I've seen that page before it's where I ended up at the Dented Helmet Forums... Thanks though! I'm willing to put in the $$ though for a decent outfit and lots of time of course, and I'd probably put a website up with a tutorial eventually too!

25. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    I'm looking for some armour too, actually.

I heard that Az-Azemeen had some from somewhere... but I can't remember where he got it from. Perhaps if he'll pop round these boards sometime and let us know what is going on.

I was going to do an Imperial Officer Costume at one stage, but my hair is in no position to fit the upper class nature of an imperial officer (I had to get it cut for an interview, but now I have the Job I'm gonna attempt to grow it again). The Tie Pilot costume is aslo appealing, and it is quite rare compared to Stormtroopers and Jedi. However, Snowtrooper Armour is also in abundance, And in my opinion quite menacing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.