main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Storm Trooper

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by oh_dude_69, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oh_dude_69

oh_dude_69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Hey, I was just at the Emerald City Comic-Con. I'm only 16 but I want to make a Storm Trooper costume. How can I go about doing this? Also, how much would it cost, b/c I don't have a lot of money.

2. oh_dude_69

Jul 11, 2006
    also, maybe even a Sith or Mandalorian/Bounty Hunter

3. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    go to http://www.garrisontitan.com THAT'S the Stormtrooper group.

1. while you could make the costume, you're not allowed to join the 501st until you're 18. Think about the fact that you'll likely grow some more and have to replace a very expensive costume.

2. it's is NOT inexpensive. I'm not in the group, but I've heard amounts of several hundred dollars talked about. That would be if you want an accurate Stormtrooper costume like you saw this weekend. A Rubies would cost less but would not be of the quality to gain membership in the 501st. For example http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1447;category_id=400814;pcid1[face_talk_hand]pcid2= costs $80 and it's likely not of a quality to meet membership standards without modification (if at all). That's not even the entire costume. The Biker Scout is one of the less expensive armor costumes, too.

3 it might be better to make a "soft parts" (as in just cloth) costume at first. It's cheaper, likely to accomodate growth better and more easily and cheaply replaced if it no longer fits.

4. oh_dude_69

Jul 11, 2006
    Thank you, I really appreciate it. I will just make a Sith costume out of cloth/leather/etc then

5. JumpinJax

JumpinJax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2006
    As he was asking about the costume and not the 501st, try this:
    There's paper mache with plaster and paint coatings, there's sculpting a set of molds out of clay and finding someone that can use them to form you a suit(like I can) or seeking out people that make them and see if you can work a deal not made totally of cash. Everyone needs trades at some point :)

6. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I did say "That would be if you want an accurate Stormtrooper costume like you saw this weekend." My belated emphasis. I should have been clearer. IF you wanted something like you saw this weekend, then my comments apply. IF you want a Stormtrooper costume but are not concerned about meeting standards set by the 501st, or having one as accurate as you saw at ECCC, then there are a lot of less expensive options, including the above and purchasing from Rubies.

7. oh_dude_69

Jul 11, 2006
    Well, I would only want to make a Storm Trooper costume if it was accurate. I am as happy making a regular Sith costume as I would be with a Storm Trooper one. Thanks though

8. Dishnu

Dishnu Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    We can still help with the sith outfit if you wish there are folks in Garrison Titan who can help with the construction of the outfit there are also some other good sites that we can direct you to.
    [face_peace]

9. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    Hey Dishnu! good to see both you and JediKai around the boards!!!! now that I have Saturdays off I can goto more costuming events

10. oh_dude_69

Jul 11, 2006
    cool, can you please send me those links?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.