main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Storm Watch 2004!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey, you'all stay safe from all these storms...this is starting out as a bad season. Just heed the warnings and stay well!! Still planning to head out on Thurs. morning for Atlanta.

2. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    The bad thing about this Hurricane Season is that all of the storms have occured during August. Most of them have hit Florida and the Carolinas directly or indirectly.

On the way to school this morning, I noticed that one of the creeks near campus was overflowng already. Natalie and I are going to literally have to float to school if this keeps up.

Frances looks like it's eyeing NC which isn't good.

-UD

3. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Sereana, you're terrific! Gaston only made for a sloppy sloshy Monday, but it was not a gully-washer. It'll take more than 20 mph gusts and some blustery rain to stop us.

Now Frances, on the other hand...

4. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    now Frances on the other hand... is coming here to Florida. I got called in to work on my day off today. This is going to be a tough week. Keep up the good thoughts and start preparing up there just in case please.

5. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    The monster looks daunting and Frances is not the ride-em-out kind of hurricane, it's an Andrew-sized storm. Look out West Palm Beach to Daytona.

6. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    I worked a double shift today and tomorrow doesn't look too good either. I am running on fumes to say the least. Working in a grocery store is not fun during a hurricane. I haven't had a day off since last Wed. and I don't know when my next day off will be. I do know however that I will be visiting the Triangle very soon, so I hope to see some of my friends while I am there. Keep your eyes on the forecast just in case this crazy storm decides she likes Carolina as much as I do. I will update y'all when I can. Stay safe!

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Batten down the security hatches, kiddo. Perhaps we should have all gone to Dragoncon instead. Hurricane party's are not any fun. :( Please be safe, Stacey.

8. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Be carefull!!!!

We hope this thing does not come towards us here. I don't think this thing will be that bad if it comes this way. Its moving to slowly and it would lose to much force by the time it made its way up here.

9. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Be safe Stacey! Let us know that you made it through Frances Safely!!!

10. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Hey y'all!! I finally got my computer hooked back up. We disconnected it for the storm. We were very lucky here. Lots of wind and rain and we lost a few trees around the condo where I live and all over the county. No damage to the house or cars. We only lost power for about 17 hours. We closed the store on saturday, but we opened back up at 3:00 pm yesterday. Boy what a zoo! We were the only store around that was able to open and the folks were restless and hungry and needed Beer and cigarrettes! I am soooo tired! Hopefully we can get back to normal just in time for Ivan's arrival!

11. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Thats wonderful to hear Stacey! I'm glad it worked out for you guys!! Yes it looks like Ivan is on the exact path Frances took.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.