Saga Storms of Fate - Anakin AU- NEWLY UPDATED 5/15/11 with Chapter Nineteen of Part Three!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Feb 15, 2006.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Luke seemed troubled. "Obi-Wan let himself be killed, didn't he?"

Anakin sighed. Blast Obi-Wan into the five Sith hells for making him have this conversation with Luke! "Yes."

"Why would he do that? Knowing how much we need him?"

I don't know what was going through that crazy old man's head, Anakin wanted to say, but he knew from looking at his grief-stricken son that those words would bring no comfort. "I'm?not sure, Luke. Sometimes Jedi do things for a sacrifice that others cannot see, but will understand later on in life."

"Oh." Luke stood and walked to the door, but paused. "Did you?hear?anything while we were running into the ship in the Death Star's docking bay?"

Anakin frowned. Hear anything? What was Luke getting at?

"No?"

"Okay." And Luke was gone before Anakin could ask him about his question.

What had Luke heard that Anakin had not? And what was Obi-Wan thinking, giving Luke and Leia entirely into Anakin's hands now?hands that were not steady and needed their own rock for strengthening? Anakin was still so conflicted over Jedi teaching and ideals, and his own powerful emotional responses: how could he be expected to continue Luke's training without tainting it with Anakin's own shadow? At least while Obi-Wan was alive, Anakin knew the old man would intercept something he didn't like. Now Anakin was on his own and he not only had one child, but both twins!

"Damn you, Obi-Wan Kenobi, in whatever plane of existence you live on now," Anakin muttered.

'Kay Obi, now's the time to say something to blow Anakin's mind.

Just like Anakin, though (so far) to think of what Obi-Wan's death meant: problems for Anakin. Doesn't he even miss his master?

Loved all the family dynamics.
  2. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    They twisted through the Millennium Falcon like a parasite through a bantha's intestines until they reached their goal.

COOOOOL simile!

Talk about stand and deliver! This update rocks, with great action AND emotion.

Like Anakin and Luke, I want Obi-wan back. This is AU, so anything is possible, right? But maybe he has to stay silent to Anakin for a while to give him a chance to see that he can be a Dad all by himself...?

" ... Sometimes Jedi do things for a sacrifice that others cannot see, but will understand later on in life."

*sniff*

Great story telling.
  3. DountCooku Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very nice update. You did a good job portraying Luke and Anakin's emotions. I think if I were Anakin, I would be upset with Obi-Wan as well. :D
  4. shookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I found this story yesterday and have not stopped reading it. I LOVE it. I love the original stories but I have to admit I am a succor for a happily everafter ending and I did not get it from the original. When Padme died in the start I was shocked, and I still have to admit I am holding out for her to still be alive. Again, I really love this story so far and please if possible add me to your PM list. Thanks
  5. leandar Jedi Padawan

Enjoying the story. Please add me to the PM list. Thank you in advance. :)
  6. PadawanMom5610 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great chapter! =D==D==D=

I'm glad Obi-Wan had peace at last and is going to be with Qui-Gon, even if he did leave Anakin with a handful. Luke is right, he better tell Leia soon, or there's going to be hell to pay!
  7. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    Wonderful update! =D= So glad that Obi-Wan was able to find peace. Thanks for the PM--it was nice to come back to an update!
  8. JediCam-Ron Jedi Padawan

Another great update. Nice how you've built up the suspense about how Leia does not know her true parents... can't wait to see the next update![face_alien_1]
  9. Independence1776 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, great. I love Luke's reaction to Han's "don't get cocky" in the middle of the firefight. But I really wouldn't want to be around Leia when she learns the truth. It isn't going to be pretty.

Until the next update!
  10. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    A/N: Guys, this new job has me exhausted each week, but loving it. Posts will be long in coming, and PMs few so please keep checking for an update. I hope to update each month from now on, but we'll see how it goes with my work schedule.

Sorry it's been so long!
  11. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Chapter Seven

Anakin found his son on an upper balcony in the Massassi Temple that the Rebel Alliance was using for a headquarters on the planet Yavin 4. The older man paused as he took in the sight of his slender son leaning against the cool stone, arms folded, eyes lifted towards the darkening night sky. From this angle and in this lighting, Luke looked like Anakin's own twin, not Leia's. Had Anakin once been so young and confident, so arrogant in believing that "good" and "evil" were simple and plain to see?

He sighed. "Luke, time to go inside for the briefing."

Luke did not move and his voice drifted back to Anakin's hearing as soft as the breeze that blew around the temple. "This planet is so rich with life, Dad. It's everywhere. It's?overwhelming after Tatooine, but refreshing, too."

Anakin smiled. "Yes, some planets are very full of life. It makes me glad I have the Force to sense it, to be aware of it constantly. It's something that others could never understand."

"But?"

Now what?

"Yes?" Anakin prompted at his son's hesitancy.

Luke turned his neck halfway around, so that half his face was cast in shadow. "There's?something here. Something dark?lurking. It does not speak to me, but I know it's here. The Alliance should not have made this temple their home. Something taints it."

When had Luke gotten so much perspective?

"I've felt it too," Anakin confessed. He did not add that his dreams since coming to Yavin 4 had been filled with galaxy-wide conquest, blood and destruction. "But we need to focus on the moment. And at this moment?"

Luke sighed. "I know, I know?it's time for the briefing." He dropped his arms and joined his father in the hall leading to the balcony. "Do you think the Rebels have a chance against that thing? We were there?it's huge! What kind of flaw could something like that possibly have?"

Anakin nearly laughed. Yes, there were some things Luke still had a lot to learn. "You'd be surprised."

~~~~~

The briefing was over. Once again, Luke had shown himself to be a cut off of his father's block by dismissing another young man's concerns over hitting a small target on the Death Star by relating it to whomp rat chasing on Tatooine. Anakin hadn't known whether he wanted to laugh or scold his son at that moment, so chose to do neither. He hoped he made the right choice. Obi-Wan would have known what to do.

Anakin shook the thought away and was about to follow Luke and the other pilots out of the briefing room when a slender young woman named Mon Mothma caught his arm.

"A moment of your time, sir, if you please."

Anakin allowed himself to be brought into a smaller, more secluded room where Admiral Ackbar and General Dodonna were waiting. As the door slid shut behind him and Mon Mothma joined the two Rebel officers, Anakin had to quiet a moment of panic that threatened to rise within him.

Mon Mothma gestured gracefully to a vacant chair and in her quiet voice said, "Sit, please. This will only take a moment, but you may be more comfortable seated."

After settling himself, Anakin glanced at the two officers, then again at Mon Mothma. "What's this about?"

"We know who you really are," General Dodonna stated in his gruff, brisk way.

Admiral Ackbar laid a webbed hand on the general's arm, then turned to Anakin. "We are not accusing you of anything, sir, but we would know your intentions toward the Alliance."

"Are you a spy?" Dodonna broke in curtly.

"General, please," Mon Mothma tried to soothe. "Let us hear from him what he wishes to tell, then we may ask questions."

Anakin decided to be cautious and find out what exactly these leaders of the Alliance thought they knew. "Who do you think I am?"

Ackbar, to Anakin's surprise, choked out a raspy laugh. "I told you that he would not readily give himself away."

Dodonna seemed about to burst apart in anger and impatience. "You're Anakin Skywalker, traitor to the Jedi. How you managed to live, I don't know, but I want to know what you're doi
  12. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    Ackbar turned to Mon Mothma. "I told you he would not join our battle. He is still fighting his own. A man cannot fight two battles at once, or risk losing both."

Very perceptive, the General is.

Lovely post. Don't worry about the time between, we enjoy them whenever they come.@};-
  13. Teresa Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Admiral Ackbar's right.....let Anakin deal with one battle before starting another. It would not be a good idea to disturb Anakin's balance, paticulary with something dark on the planet just wating for its moment.
  14. JediCam-Ron Jedi Padawan

Wonderful update. I love how you parallel the movie but have given it your own twist. Can't wait to see the new chapter! I would love to help.

[face_dancing]
  15. CrazyAni Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello, Durhelediel!

I can't believe that I missed two updates. Both were wonderful - I love the interaction between Luke and Leia. It's so close to the movies, but there's that unique twist of Luke knowing from the very beginning who Leia is. I can't wait for the moment when they finally spill the beans.

It's astonishing that the three generals know Anakin's identity, and I bet that it won't take Leia too long to put two and two together. He's still fighting hiw own battle, after all those years... though I'd love to see some Anakin in action!

Loved the part where Anakin laughed about Leia's kiss. [face_laugh] We haven't seen that nearly-dying-from-laughter Ani for a long time.

Amazing updates =D= , and I hope you get to update soon. Best of luck on your new job! [face_good_luck]

CrazyAni
  16. obsessedwithSW Force Ghost

star 4
    When Anakin had gotten control of himself, he choked out, "It's the Skywalker magnetism. Ladies can't resist us."

Luke glared at his father. "Well, this lady better or we'll have even more of an awkward explanation to do later. Not to mention it's gross! She's my sister!"

Anakin opened his mouth to say something, but instead only laughed harder. He shot his son an amused look and climbed off the X-wing. Even after Luke closed his cockpit, he could have sworn he could still hear his father laughing.

I agree! LOL!
    The coment Ackbar made about fighting tow battles was a very insightful one.
  17. JediCam-Ron Jedi Padawan

I love this story. When is the next update coming out?
    Have a great weekend!

[face_praying]
  18. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    A/N: ::in Yoda's dialogue:: Long update in coming it is, yes.

Sorry again guys. You'll see why it took so long when you read Chapter Eight. It's a LONG chapter, but a LOT happens.

Job is still quite a lot to process...I get weekends to myself and that's about it. And....I'm pregnant. lol Talk about adjusting! I'm about 8 weeks along now. So now I get tired from my job and from the pregnancy, lol. I will do what I can though.

And if you don't get a PM, it's nothing personal. My list is so long to PM updates that I can't do it anymore. Very sorry. Just put me on watched or something and you'll be able to keep up.

Here you go!

Enjoy!
  19. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Chapter Eight

"Anakin's the father, isn't he?...I'm so sorry?"

Anakin jerked his eyes out of the hypnotic swirl of space on the screen in front of him?a projection of Luke's own viewpoint in his X-wing?and blinked rapidly. The words had just appeared in his head, spoken in Obi-Wan's soft voice and filled with such regret that he could see the older man's face in front of him for a brief moment, the blue eyes filled with sorrow and remorse?and guilt? What had Obi-Wan felt guilty about?

And was this the right time to be thinking of Obi-Wan when his son was involved in such a foolhardy mission against the same Emperor that they were trying to hide from?

"Are you all right, Master Skywalker?"

Anakin turned at the gentle tones of Mon Mothma to see the woman standing near him. "I'm?I'm?I am not a Master. Please do not give me that title." Then he turned pointedly toward the screen he had brought up that showed him Luke's viewpoint as Red Five.

There was a sigh behind him, but his attention was already fixated on the sounds of the intercom chatter between each starfighter headed toward the Death Star.

"Stand-by alarms. Death Star approaching."

"All wings report in!"

"Red Ten, standing by."

"Red Three, standing by."

"Red Six, standing by."

"Red Two, standing by."

"Red Eleven, standing by."

"Red Five, standing by." There was his son's voice. A little distorted, but full of the eagerness and arrogance of a Skywalker.

"Lock S-foils in attack position!"

"We're passing through the magnetic field. Hold tight. All deflectors?double front."

"Look at the size of that thing!" Wedge's voice, full of awe.

"Cut the chatter, Red Two! Accelerate to attack speed?This is it, boys."

A new voice. "Red Leader, this is Gold Leader."

"Copy, Gold Leader."

"We're heading towards the target shaft now."

"We're in position. I'm going to try to cut across the axis to try to draw their fire."

Anakin felt his body tense as he imagined his son in the middle of a nervous bunch of green recruits, full of idealism and no sense. With effort, he pushed his feelings aside to concentrate on the noises around him, and on his son through the Force.

Luke braced himself in his cockpit as the X-wings around him pitched and barrel-rolled to the side, one by one in formation. Then, without much conscience thought, his own X-wing rolled and followed his new friends down toward the Death Star's surface. As soon as he oriented himself, large green blasts of deadly energy were being fired on him from defense turrets placed along the metal surface. He juked his fighter beneath the shots and then twisted away as the turret tried to track the fast ships.

"Heavy fire, boss. 23 degrees."

"I see it. Stay low."

At the command, Luke kept his fighter closer to the Death Star's surface than he would have liked. To his surprise, all the blasts fired from multiple defense turrets passed harmlessly above him. From his position, he discovered that he could make a strafing run on about two turrets and possibly knock out some of the danger facing his friends.

He toggled his comm unit. "This is Red Five. I'm going in." He narrowed his eyes, and swooped down toward the nearest turret. He was going faster than he had ever flown before in any vehicle on Tatooine and had to hurriedly fire in order to target even one of the large cannons. He got it?it blew up nicely?but he had no time to evade the fire and debris from the metal.

"Luke! Pull up!"

Luke was already hauling back on his stick, climbing desperately for space. As he cleared the flames, he noticed that his hull around him was a little singed.

"Are you all right?" That was Biggs, ever concerned for his well-being.

Luke exhaled. "I got a little cooked, but I'm okay."

Anakin turned to Mon Mothma, whose face was almost as white as his daughter's, who was standing now beside the Rebel Leader. "The Empire will deploy fighters since your ships are too small and keep evadi
  20. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I loved this! Seeing Anakin on the other side of the battle of Yavin was definitely a fun thing to see.

Anakin grinned. If nothing else, Luke had his father's brashness.

Leia glanced over at him and frowned.

Anakin only grinned wider.

Of course, Anakin would approve, and of course Leia wouldn't. [face_laugh]

What about 'thanks, Dad'? He heard his father's amused tone in his mind.

Luke let out a brief chuckle. You too, Dad. I'm coming home.

[face_laugh] Great father/son moment there. Loved it.

Great update! =D= =D=
  21. JediCam-Ron Jedi Padawan

As Montgomery Burns would say... Exxxcellent...

Wonderful update. Anakin putting his arm around Leia was a very nice, tender touch. Well Done!

=D=
  22. EGKenobi Force Ghost

star 3
    that was an awesome update!!!

love it!!

more more more
  23. Independence1776 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I missed an update! Yeah, they'd better tell Leia and soon. [face_laugh]

:D Death Star battle! Best part of ANH!

I love Anakin's thoughts interwoven in with the battle narrative. They provide a somewhat humorous compliment to the tenseness of the fight.

Wonderfully written! =D=
  24. DountCooku Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's good to see that this story is still going. So that would be the end of the Empire, right? Palpatine was on the station, so he is presumably sub-atomic space dust along with everyone else. At least I hope so.

Oh, and congraulations on your pregnancy! Younglings are very special indeed. :)
  25. DarthVaderette Force Ghost

star 2
    :D Congrats on your pregnancy [face_dancing] :)

Can you PM me with updates?

Thanks
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade