Saga Storms of Fate - Anakin AU- NEWLY UPDATED 5/15/11 with Chapter Nineteen of Part Three!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Feb 15, 2006.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. timerift22 Jedi Knight

star 1
    what about thanks dad

lol

well ani felt obi's prescence hmmm?

when will he See obi wan i wonder?

Snow
  2. CrazyAni Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful update, Durhelediel!
    Loved it. :) As always, the typical Skywalker dynamics, and the small twists you add to the movies we all cherish and love.
    *applause*
  3. Skywalker277 Jedi Knight

star 1
    loved the post, completely worth the wait!!
  4. AnakinLuver Jedi Master

star 4
    "What about your dad?"

Lol...

amazing chapters... sorry i haven't been replying lately, but life gets to you sometimes ;)

Rachel Rose@};-
  5. JediMasterJessica Force Ghost

star 3
    Very cool chapter! Thanks for the PM
  6. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    Very cool AU. I like how Luke is all caught up in trying to be his own man.
    Can't wait to see how well Han and Anakin get along in the future.
    I would very much like to be on your PM list.
  7. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Master

star 4
    That was great! and a big CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!![:D] @};- [:D]
  8. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    A/N: Wow you guys are quick! lol

And yes, I already have another chapter for you. Aren't you special?

(Actually it's nearing summer and my muse is unthawing...plus my parental side is kicking in so it's getting easier to get into Anakin's head.)

Quick spoiler before I post the next chapter: If you've read Kevin J Anderson's Jedi Acadamy trilogy, then you will understand perfectly what I've done next and you'll have to find out why I've put it here instead of having it come later in EU/AU.

If you haven't read those books, READ THEM! THEY ROCK! ::clears throat:: Well, personal biased...Anyway, if you haven't read them, here's a quick synop: Luke in EU begins gathering Force sensitives from all over the galaxy and decides to take them to Yavin 4 to train them. While there, they all discover a spirit trapped in the Massassi Temples: the spirit of Exar Kun, a Dark Lord of the Sith who enslaved the Massassi race for his own evil purposes. Basically, after Kun kills a student, Luke faces off with the spirit and gets his own trapped in the temple as well. It's through the extreme Force sensitiveness of his niece and nephew that keep Luke's body from being buried or destroyed, which would mean he would be trapped forever in the Massassi Temple, like Kun. (Jaina and Jacen sense their uncle's spirit and can talk to him, preventing the destruction of his body.) A LOT of stuff happens, and Luke's students finally defeat Kun and bring Luke's spirit back into his body.

Tah-dah.

Now, enjoy my AU. lol
  9. timerift22 Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmm yeah i figured you were refering to exur-kun when ani and luke scenced something dark

watching for next chap

SNow
  10. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    DISCLAIMER: Exar Kun and the events pertaining to (well the original events) and original storyline belong to Kevin J Anderson and George Lucas. I make nothing from my own twisted version, but since I admire Kevin J Anderson so much and love his trilogy, I wished to tip my writer's pen in his direction in my AU. Just remember, should you read this Mr.Anderson, imitation is the highest form of flattery!!

Chapter Nine

He should be celebrating with his son. The battle was over?his son had survived?and the Rebels were celebrating.

Yet he could not shake a dark foreboding in his heart. When the Death Star had exploded, he had not felt Palpatine's death. Impossible as it seemed, somehow Palpatine had escaped.

The battle of Yavin was won, but the war was not over.

And now most certainly Palpatine knew of Luke's existence. Anakin knew that now Palpatine would stop at nothing to ensnare his son. More than one type of war had begun this day.

You seem troubled, a voice hissed into his thoughts. Tell me, and I will help you attain what you seek.

Anakin's head snapped up in the dusky gloom of twilight. He had thought he was alone on the pinnacle of the Massassi Temple.

A dark shadow thick as oil stood before him. The figure was an older man, yet no one Anakin had seen before. He stood taller than Anakin with a poise that suggested royalty and demanded respect.

Anakin suspiciously narrowed his eyes. "Who are you?"

Exar Kun was my name, the figure answered. I was leader here many hundreds of years ago.

"Leader? Of what?whom?"

The Massassi race, Kun replied easily. It was they who built these temples as homage to me. The temples focus my power and I become greater than any Force sensitive alive.

As Kun had talked, Anakin had stretched out with his feelings to get an impression of this strange shade. All Anakin could sense was dark side power?the same power he and Luke had been sensing since first arriving on Yavin 4.

Anakin's hand touched the coolness of his lightsaber hilt. "You're not a spirit."

Kun shook his head. You are correct. I am not a ghost. I am not fully dead.

"How can that be? You either die, or live."

The shade of Kun raised an eyebrow. So what are you? You are not fully a man, yet not dead. What would you call what you are doing now?living?

"I at least have a body," Anakin shot back. "I breathe and I can feel, touch. Can you do these things?"

But do you live? Kun retorted as he gestured toward the stars. You hide from your own greatness, fearing to be exposed. Take your fear?embrace it?and turn it around so that your enemies fear you.

Anakin drew back, sucking in a deep breath. He had dreamed those words many nights over the past years, but never allowed himself to think them during the day when he knew he would be weakest to their temptation.

"No?" he whispered, more to himself than to Kun's shade. "I have traveled that road before and it led to destruction."

Padmé's anguished face as he had last seen it on Mustafar filled his vision.

Avenge her.

Anakin closed his eyes to shut out Kun's image. "No?"

Embrace your destiny, Anakin Skywalker. Do not run from it.

His eyes flew open. "How do you know my name?"

I know much more about you than your name, Kun replied. I know about your failures?your loves?your weaknesses?and your greatness. I can help you achieve all that you desire. Together we can defeat Palpatine and you can restore order to the galaxy.

"NO!" It was part scream of terror and part denial to himself. Anakin turned from Kun and tried to flee, to get inside the temple, to get as far from this shade who spoke his darkest secret yearnings as he could.

He stopped short. Kun had somehow gotten in front of him.

Do not make us enemies, Kun warned softly. If you refuse, I will strike at you any way that I can, until you succumb to me.

"No! Get away
  11. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, I wasn't expecting that.
    Thanks for the PM.
  12. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Master

star 4
  13. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    Whoa! That was unexpected! Wonder if Palpatine senses Kun, too? Hope Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan come soon!
  14. DountCooku Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nasty Kun! Not a nice thing to do to the son of the Chosen One! Of course Kun is a Sith Lord, so I suppose nasty comes with the territory. Thanks for the second update this week!
  15. JediMasterJessica Force Ghost

star 3
  16. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    With a last agonized scream, Luke's world went dark.

~~~~~

Anakin's body leapt to its feet before rational thought caught up to him. Even trying to shut himself off from the Force, he had felt his son in overwhelming suffering as he had heard the echo of Luke's scream. He ran toward the feeling, only dimly aware that others were running with him, shouting questions, wanting answers he could not give.

As he sped into the massive chamber that was reserved for the awards ceremony just two days away, he glimpsed something dark disappearing into the far wall. Then even that was wiped from his memory as he focused on the crumbling form of his son as Luke fell to the floor.

Anakin did not know how he crossed that huge distance so quickly?all he knew was that he was there, next to Luke, dropping to his knees and grabbing his son by the shoulders. Luke's eyes were closed; his face was peaceful; his chest was still.

Anakin cradled the limp form to his breast as tears streamed from his eyes. He tried, but could not sense even a spark of life in his son's body.

Luke was gone.

As he wept over the limp body of his son, Anakin heard Kun whisper, It has begun.

:eek: :_| Okay, that I wasn't expecting. :_|
  17. timerift22 Jedi Knight

star 1
    no wasnt expecting that

is this like the book where luke is there but cant be heard? maybe leai will hear him?

obi nees to talk to ani NOW before he looses it hmm interesting question about if palpy knows about kun.

Snow
  18. AnakinLuver Jedi Master

star 4
    =D=

Amazing update! I could actually feel Luke's pain and hear his agonizing scream. I did get a little teary eyed during the last passage... very spell bounding!

Can't wait for more!

Rachel Rose@};-
  19. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do not make us enemies, Kun warned softly. If you refuse, I will strike at you any way that I can, until you succumb to me.

Ok that's creepy, poor Anakin! [face_worried]

Anakin did not know how he crossed that huge distance so quickly?all he knew was that he was there, next to Luke, dropping to his knees and grabbing his son by the shoulders. Luke's eyes were closed; his face was peaceful; his chest was still.

Anakin cradled the limp form to his breast as tears streamed from his eyes. He tried, but could not sense even a spark of life in his son's body.

Luke was gone.

:eek: :_| Poor Luke and poor Anakin. How awful!
  20. Skywalker277 Jedi Knight

star 1
    WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luke of all people!!!! Please bring him by somehow, I.......:_|
  21. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    A/N: Wow, you guys are really into this! That does wonders for my muse!! :}

It won't be long now, I'm putting the finishing touches on the next chapter. I should have it up within the next hour. (Trying to eat for two at the same time...)

And, in case you haven't figured it out yet with the similiar lines, the Exar Kun thing is replacing ESB. Well, think about it. Most of ESB is between Luke, Vader and Yoda. In my AU, Yoda's already dead, Vader is Anakin who is with Luke so... Kun steps in. Clever, huh?

Okay, let me edit and put this chapter up before I'm lynched lol....
  22. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Chapter Ten

He was surrounded by darkness. In this void there was no light, no life, no sense of hope or love. He floated, weightless, senseless, timeless in a place where past and future had no meaning.

He did not know how long it was before he began to realize that he could think, that he had ideas, and that he knew words and words have meaning. Some words have power.

But which ones?

Luke?

It was a call, a cry, that he had been hearing repeated for what seemed like eons. He was puzzled. This word must mean something to him, for he felt a vague stirring inside of himself whenever it echoed to him. Someone was calling it, and something inside of him wanted to respond.

Luke?

A name. It must be a name, and names were labels, unique to the individual to distinguish one from another. Yet why was he hearing this name? Had it been his? Was it still his to claim?

Luke?

He struggled in the darkness, reaching for the name with arms he could not see or feel. It had to be his name, if he kept hearing it! He caught it, he embraced it, and absorbed it into himself.

Once he knew his name again, memories poured in, letting in the light of understanding. Suddenly, he remembered how he came to be in this void. He remembered the pain and agony of Exar Kun invading his mind and driving him from his body.

His body. Where was it?

Where was he, for that matter?

"You are in my domain, Jedi Skywalker," he heard to his side. "The place where spirits stay in stasis until a body is destroyed, or reunited."

Luke turned his head and saw Exar Kun's spirit floating near him. Luke narrowed his eyes. "I remember what happened to me, Kun. You should know I won't let you keep me from my body."

Kun smiled, and Luke wished he could move backwards a few steps by the evil in that expression. "I have no intentions of doing so, Skywalker. Feel free to try to re-enter your body any time you wish."

Luke smelled a trap of some kind. "What do you want?"

"Your father will fire your body in the traditional way at your funeral. Once it is destroyed, you will be stuck here with me. When he eventually finds out you are not completely dead, he will try everything he can to help you discover a way out of this spiritual prison. And once you are free?"

"?you will know how to free yourself since your body has been destroyed for centuries," Luke finished as comprehension dawned on him.

"Precisely." Kun smiled again. "I will once again be free to seek dominion over the galaxy."

Luke felt resolve fill him. "Not if I and my father have anything to say about it."

Kun laughed. "By then, one or both of you will be my apprentice. I have no need to fear the Skywalkers." He continued to laugh as he faded from sight.

"Don't underestimate us," Luke warned in a whisper. "That'll be the last mistake you make."

Once Kun was completely gone, it took Luke a moment to realize that Kun was a spirit?as was he. If Kun could move about, why couldn't he?

It took quite a while for Luke to figure out how to move his ghostly presence about. He was too used to the bulkiness of his body, and the weightlessness of his spirit took an entirely different form of motion to move. Once he figured out how to glide from place to place, he aimed himself for the direction in front of him and propelled himself onward.

To his surprise, he emerged quickly into a brightly lit and very large room. It was the chamber that he had lost his battle with Kun in. There were a great many people gathered around the raised dais and he glided closer to see what they were whispering and talking about.

Luke came face-to-face with his own body. It was a startling thing to see yourself so peaceful, so still, so?dead.

He forced down his panic and focused on the people surrounding him. Leia was there, looking stunned with tears running down her face. Han held her in his arms, though his eyes never strayed from Luke's physical body?Han as well seemed shocked. Wedge, Mon M
  23. Skywalker277 Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh man the plot gets thicker and thicker! But that Kun guy, I hate him. Great post! hope there is more soon!
  24. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    At least Luke was able to get through to Leia!

Maybe they can take his body away from Yavin? Would that help?
  25. JediKaren Jedi Master

star 3
    ack! So good and I so need more!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade