main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Storms of Fate - Anakin AU- NEWLY UPDATED 5/15/11 with Chapter Nineteen of Part Three!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Feb 15, 2006.

1. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    More please :D

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

3. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Nice update! I like the way you tied in lines from RotJ. Very well done.

4. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    Great update!!! Poor Anakin... I could just feel hte pain coming off him in waves...:(

Cannot wait for MORE![face_love]

Rachel Rose@};-

5. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    I missed an update! I'm sorry!

Oh, wow. Kun's replacing ESB makes sense to me. But this... this wasn't what Luke was talking about when he wanted Leia to know he's her brother.

I hope they find some way of getting Luke back in his body soon. He's probably more vulnerable to Palpatine right now (if he knew to look, that is).

Well, at least Anakin is there to help, though Leia isn't very happy right now.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely echo of the OT. :)

Kun smiled, and Luke wished he could move backwards a few steps by the evil in that expression. "I have no intentions of doing so, Skywalker. Feel free to try to re-enter your body any time you wish."

Luke smelled a trap of some kind. "What do you want?"

"Your father will fire your body in the traditional way at your funeral. Once it is destroyed, you will be stuck here with me. When he eventually finds out you are not completely dead, he will try everything he can to help you discover a way out of this spiritual prison. And once you are free?"

"?you will know how to free yourself since your body has been destroyed for centuries," Luke finished as comprehension dawned on him.

"Precisely." Kun smiled again. "I will once again be free to seek dominion over the galaxy."

Luke felt resolve fill him. "Not if I and my father have anything to say about it."

Kun laughed. "By then, one or both of you will be my apprentice. I have no need to fear the Skywalkers." He continued to laugh as he faded from sight.

"Don't underestimate us," Luke warned in a whisper. "That'll be the last mistake you make."

You tell him, Luke! [face_mischief]

=D=

7. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    A/N: Okay those of you who are very familiar with my stories will recognize what story I took this from. And, no, I couldn't resist. Not when it fit so well into the storyline.

Those who may be new to me, or don't remember: to read about Obi-Wan's ordeal, check out my story Adrift.

Yes, shameless plug, I know.... Couldn't resist...just couldn't... lol

8. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Eleven

"What are you going to do about Luke?"

Anakin turned sharply around at the demand. Striding toward him, her long hair in a simple braid down her back, eyes flashing fire, was his daughter.

"It's been nearly a week," she continued as she halted before him. "You've done nothing but avoid everyone?except for the nights when you watch over Luke's body. Have you been doing anything to try to help him find a way back to his body?"

Anakin eyed Leia for a moment. According to his memory, she had avoided him like a plague since finding out he was her father. The fact that she approached him now spoke volumes to how concerned she was over her brother.

"Have you spoken to him lately?" he asked.

Leia's lips were in a thin line. "No, I haven't seen him all day. He's getting weaker the longer he's away from his body. It's more difficult for him to contact me. He's not sure if Kun is doing it, or if this is merely a side affect of being cut off from his body."

So that was what had her so upset.

When Anakin did not respond, Leia placed her hands on her hips. "So what have you been doing?"

"While you have been running around in circles," Anakin replied mildly, holding up a small chip, "I have been researching what Jedi records that have survived over the years to see if anything similar has occurred."

"And?"

Anakin sighed. "Not much luck. The closest I've found is something that happened when Obi-Wan Kenobi was a padawan. Evidently a planet that is self-aware had him captured and began draining his spirit out of his body. It nearly succeeded. When Obi-Wan was returned to recover at the Jedi Temple, he was extremely weak, dehydrated, and his muscles had begun to atrophy. It took months of tough training for him to get back into shape so he could walk."

And he never mentioned this to me, he added bitterly to himself. Just another omission about his past.

Leia's voice brought him out of his thoughts. "If he returned, then somehow his spirit was returned to his body. How did that happen?"

Anakin braced himself before answering. "That portion of the records is either lost, or the Jedi intentionally did not record the technique."

"Back to the beginning then," she said, her shoulders slumping.

"Maybe not," he said, trying to cheer her up, hating to see her lose that fire of spirit. "There might be a way to find out."

Leia immediately brightened. "How?"

Anakin closed his eyes briefly in submission. "I have to talk to Obi-Wan."

Focus. Focus more deeply than you ever have before. Go deeper than the Force. Go past the Force into the world beyond. Touch the spirits there that still hold a thread to the world and its events. Go deep, deep into the Force.

He did not know how long he concentrated or how long he sat in the room that held Luke's body. He had ordered everyone away from the large chamber so that he would not be distracted. He had not focused into the Force at this level since before Luke and Leia were born. He was not sure he wanted to trust himself this deeply to something that he was not yet sure he wanted to even use occasionally.

But Luke needed him. He had to help his son. No matter his own misgivings about the Force, he had to save his son.

Obi-Wan?hear me.

He had been calling for his old mentor since coming into this room. He was not sure this would work. Luke was the one who could hear Obi-Wan's spirit, not he.

And Leia could hear Luke's.

Why couldn't he?

That question had been plaguing him ever since last week and Luke being taken from him. He knew Luke as father and teacher?why could he not see or hear his son?

Because you are two men?until you become one man, you will forever seek peace and never find it.

Obi-Wan!

Anakin's eyes flew open. Standing in front of him was Obi-Wan Kenobi's spirit.

The old man smiled sadly at Luke's prostrate body. So young to be going through such trials.

"Obi-Wan, help me," Anakin

9. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!
    Han seems to be watching out for Leia.

10. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Nasty winged things! I'm glad that Luke is okay. My favorite line from this update:

So true. :)

11. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Eeek...

I really hope that Luke gets back to his body soon.

As for Anakin, he's finally going to stop running from his fears and confront himself. He has a major decision to make in the next few days, and it won't be easy on him.

12. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    Stupid winged things... almost killed Anakin and Luke! Grrr...

I hope Anakin can get to whatever Luke's thinking will work...

Great update!

Rachel Rose

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! :D

Leia's voice brought him out of his thoughts. "If he returned, then somehow his spirit was returned to his body. How did that happen?"

Anakin braced himself before answering. "That portion of the records is either lost, or the Jedi intentionally did not record the technique."

"Back to the beginning then," she said, her shoulders slumping.

"Maybe not," he said, trying to cheer her up, hating to see her lose that fire of spirit. "There might be a way to find out."

I know how painful THAT was to admit! :p [face_mischief]

=D=

14. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Leia came to her father's defense! It's a start...

I hopefully the poison doesn't do too much damage and thank the force Anakin was able to cushion the fall. (I think my heat stopped when they dropped him!)

15. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Gah! Cliffhanger. Nice to see Obi-Wan again. Though I wish he were still alive.:(

I wonder what prompted those pteradactyls (or whatever they were) to attack Luke and Anakin? A disembodied Sith soul, perhaps....?

Time to read Adrift again to look for clues on the key that Anakin needs to bring Luke back....[face_mischief]

16. JediCam-Ron

JediCam-Ron Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2007
    I've been away for while and just caught up on the updates. WOW... Love how you wove in Exar Kun. Excellent updates... woo-hoo!!=D=

17. padawan_learner86

padawan_learner86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    Slowly catching up again. That's an awesome twist! Story's still rocking strong. ;)

Oh, and thanks very much for the PM's.

18. padawan_learner86

Aug 23, 2005
    This just keeps getting better! :) Lol, I'd never expected that a ghostly!Luke would be breaking the news to Leia. She is dealing with it very well - for now. ^^

19. padawan_learner86

Aug 23, 2005
    Some good, solid action - nice. Really like how they all had to team up. ^^ Of course we knew the avians would be toast - can't have a couple of lethal beasts be the death of the great Skywalker men. ;)

20. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    A/N: Glad you guys are still with me. :} Hopefully you see some (long-reaching, maybe) similarities between this and ESB. That's the goal anyway.

Here's some more...

21. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Twelve

"This body is dead."

Leia wanted to shake the medical Two-OneBe droid. She had been arguing with it ever since she entered the medical bay a few minutes ago. While she stood here, the poison sank further into Luke's veins.

For what seemed like the millionth time, she tried to explain. "No, it's not. The body is in a form of stasis?"

"Humans do not go into hibernating stasis," the droid reasoned.

Leia raised a fist to hammer some sense into the piece of technology when Mon Mothma stepped in.

"Princess Leia, if I may?" the older woman inquired.

Leia gestured toward the droid in disgust and folded her arms across her chest.

The leader of the Rebellion faced the droid with a pleasant smile on her face. "While this body may indicate to your sensors that it is nonfunctioning, we nevertheless wish for you to treat its wounds as if it were alive."

The droid waited a moment, then said, "Very well," as it turned to Luke's body.

Leia knew her mouth was open. "How did you do that? I've been arguing with that hunk of metal for the past ten minutes!"

Mon Mothma gently patted Leia's arm. "My dear, you have to reason on it's level. To all of it's sensors, Luke's body?as human?shows no signs of life. To try to explain the mysteries of the Force and Jedi to it would be pointless as it cannot compute what seems to be the illogical. By asking it to go ahead and treat a dead body seems to it to be pointless, but it is something the droid can understand."

Leia sighed. "I think I'm just too tired for this."

"How much rest have you received lately?"

"Two days before the battle." She had been too keyed up to sleep, then she had been too anxious, nervous, and then excited. The next day Luke had been taken from them, then she had found out who her real father was, and she had been too jittery to get any rest.

Mon Mothma gazed at her with concern. "Perhaps you should ask Two-Onebe for something to help you sleep."

Touched by the older woman's concern, Leia shook her head. "I think I can sleep now from sheer exhaustion. I'll be fine."

"Get away from me!"

Leia and Mon Mothma turned at the outburst. Anakin Skywalker held his arm to his chest protectively and glared at another Two-Onebe droid who tried to grab at the wounded appendage.

"Sir, you must let me examine your wound," the droid explained.

"Not until you grow some feelings to know when something hurts your patient," Anakin retorted.

Leia's anger simmered to the surface. "Excuse me," she said through gritted teeth to Mon Mothma, and approached her father. She waved the droid back for a moment and planted her hands on her hips.

"What is going on here?" Before Anakin could answer, she continued, "Because it seems to me that a grown man who has been a part of a great many wars, battles and aftermath is behaving like a grown child. Instead of allowing himself to be treated for a wound received in battle, he is acting like a petulant little boy. Do I have the picture pretty clear?"

Anakin could only blink at her sudden display of temper. While he sat there staring at her, the droid snuck up to his side and was able to successfully inspect his arm.

"Sir, this requires prompt medical attention. I will have to disinfect the wound, then treat you for exposure to poison. If the damage is extensive enough, you might need a three hour bacta treatment."

Anakin sighed and grumbled, "Fine. Do whatever."

Leia returned to Mon Mothma, who seemed to be contemplating something. Her eyes went from Anakin's face to Leia's, then back again. Leia froze. She was not sure she wanted anyone else to know she was Darth Vader's daughter just yet, as she still had to adjust to the idea that Bail Organa was not her father.

"Whatever you're thinking, can it wait until tomorrow?" Leia asked, her shoulders slumping in exhaustion.

Mon Mothma nodded in sympathy. "Here, let me take care of you now. Luke and Anakin Skywalker will be well cared for. You can do nothing else here

22. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

23. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    [face_peace] Great update!

Rachel Rose@};-

24. steelneena

steelneena Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2007
    oh my god i love this very serious face intended write more post more i want more!

25. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I've finally had a chance to get caught up with this great story. :D

"?you will know how to free yourself since your body has been destroyed for centuries," Luke finished as comprehension dawned on him.

"Precisely." Kun smiled again. "I will once again be free to seek dominion over the galaxy."

What a horrible plan! Poor Luke! [face_worried]

Anakin sighed. "Well, Luke, should you tell her, or I? Looks like we're down to that moment you were talking about," he asked to the seemingly-empty air.

Leia promptly turned to Luke and crossed her arms. "Well?"

Luke shot his father a murderous look that he could not see. I knew he was going to make me do this somehow.

Poor Luke having to break that news...even when his dad is around. [face_laugh]

Yay! [face_dancing]

"Luke?" she whispered, reaching out to him.

Luke winced and pressed a spectral hand to his head. I feel pain?but how?Leia, something isn't right here?find the key?Dad almost had it?find the key?

Then he faded from sight.

Key? Oh poor Luke, I seriously hope he doesn't die. [face_worried]

Those particular little avians are my favorites of this planet, Kun delighted to tell him. Their poison is very strong. Of all the times I tested its power on my subjects, every single Massassi died from a single scratch that contained the poison. You, Jedi, have several gaping wounds of it. You will soon be stuck in this miserable prison along with me. You have maybe a day left?perhaps you better say good-bye to your body now.

Grr! :mad: I hate that horrible Exar Kun even more in this story than I did in the Jedi Academy trilogy.

And might not, Obi-Wan retorted. He turned sad eyes to Luke and Anakin sitting on the sleep couch, one visible to the world and the other not. Even this might not work. The damage Exar Kun did to Luke was extensive. If this does not succeed, what then?

Qui-Gon had no answer.

I hope it does suceed, for all their sakes. [face_praying]

Wonderful updates! =D= =D=