main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Storms of Fate - Anakin AU- NEWLY UPDATED 5/15/11 with Chapter Nineteen of Part Three!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe man, poor Obi-Wan! And now you've made it quite clear that Obi-Wan is on his own in this, I just hope he can pull Anakin back!

More soon!

2. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Wow!!!
    Could Obi-Wan have actually gotten to Anakin by his honest sincerity?

Well written as always!

3. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Ironic that one blames himself too much and the other not enough, placing the blame on the one who already blames himself. Unfair, too. Poor Obi-Wan, all alone.

I sure hope he can bring Anakin to his senses...Maybe he already has.

4. GEN_MASSIMO

GEN_MASSIMO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    Poor Obi-Wan! His speech was really heart-breaking.:_|

I really can't wait to see what will happen next.

5. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Wow!Wow!Wow!
    That was a very emotional update! =D= =D=
    It's all your fault. You were the one who turned her against me! She loved me until she talked to you. What did you say to her, Obi-Wan? What pretty words did you say that caused her to fear and hate me? Why did you have to steal my wife away from me while I was away, doing my Master's business? I was making the galaxy a safer place, a place where less arguing would mean faster action in the government, a place where Padmé and I could raise our baby. But you weren't happy for me, were you, when you found out? You had to use Jedi lies and turn her against me! And now my wife and my child are dead because of you! You! I hate you, Obi-Wan Kenobi! You should have let me die on Mustafar so I could be with my wife and child. Now I'm stuck in this?suit, this?metal body where nothing is actually mine but my heart. And what good does my heart do for me now that you've taken from me the only things that I loved? I'll always hate you for this, and nothing you can say will change my mind! Nothing!"

Poor Anakin!:_| Palpatine has done good job in twisting him! He thinks that he had made the galaxy into a better place. All he wanted was just to live happily with Padme and raise their child(ren). He blames Obi-Wan for Padme's death. To top it all, the poor guy is ctippled for the rest of his life. at least he doen't look like Vader, thanks Force...

Poor Obi! I can't even begin with him, he blames himself for what happened with Anakin. I some ways, he really did fail him, but only because Anakin was too secretive. And, of course, Obi-Wan is completely guilty and responsible for Anakin being more machine now. I know I would want to smash him against the wall for that only.

Anyway, great chapter! Sorry for the rubbish of review you've got from me now[face_blush] It's already very late and I can't think clearly. Next time I'll try to give you a lovelier review :D

Thanks for the PM!

And update soon!

6. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    That was so intense. I love the whole suit idea cause no one else has yet to write about that sort of thing, You are so creative. Keep up the great work and please update soon.

Obi-Wan is one brave little toaster!![face_worried]

7. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    At least there were no blows. :D Looks like its going...pretty well for Obi-wan and Anakin. Its so sad that Anakin knew Padme had died. But he kept himself from lashing out at Obi-wan when he came in, which must be a good sing, right? Luke is attacking his aunt and uncle? [face_laugh] Yoda definately has his hands full with this one. I can't wait for Ani to find out or be told that his child, children, are alive and well. But Palps better stay away!:mad:

8. MasterTywalker

MasterTywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Your story is great, wish Padme could have lived. PM me the updates Thanks,

9. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    My poor, poor Obi-Wan. I love how he was able to "confess" to his shortcomings to Anakin instead of growing defensive or argumentative. There's the Obi-Wan I knew. Good job! =D=

10. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    In the stunned silence of the room, Obi-Wan continued just as softly, "You were my brother, Anakin. I would live or die for you. I would have protected your secret marriage if you had trusted me with the knowledge. I would have helped you and Padmé find a way to stay together and raise your child. Why did you give Palpatine your trust and not me? I had always protected and nurtured you?what caused you to think that I had changed? If it was anything that I said or did, then I have failed more miserably with you than I ever thought possible, and for that I can only say that I am sorry. I'm sorry, Anakin, that you felt you could not trust me. I'm sorry that I allowed the war to draw us further apart. And I'm sorry that I did not see it until it was too late."

I think this line beautifully describes how Obi-Wan feels. Maybe, this will be enough of a beginng for Anakin to see through Palpatine's lies. Though I have the feeling that he will believe it is some kind of Jedi trick.

In the screen behind Yoda, a swirl of objects began to twist and dance around the little green Jedi Master's head. Without breaking his eye contact from Obi-Wan, the Master sighed. "Go, I must. Awake, Luke is and practicing, it seems. Protecting his aunt and uncle again, I find myself.

At least Luke is getting a head start with his abilities. :D

Wow, I might just turn you yet, hahahahahaha!

My other friends once thought as you do. It is too late for me, Durhelediel. ;)

Wonderful work!

Ani-maniac

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Wow what an awesome chapter. Obi-Wan certainly has quite a undertaking in making Anakin listen to reason. Stupid Palpatine, with his evil web of lies. I'm very interesting in seeing how this turns out.Great chapter, can't wait for more! =D= =D=

12. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Oh Anakin, Anakin, Anakin. [face_not_talking] Let me smack the boy and tell him to stop blaming everyone else for his problems. I'm really not surprised at all he blames Padme''s (and his childs) death on Obi-Wan but it still makes me mad knowing he did it. My dear friend, your name is denial. I feel sorry for Obi-Wan. He knew something like that was coming but it still hurt hearing the accusation.

13. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    A very well written chapter. Obi-wan and Anakin's reactions and coments were dead on. Great job.

14. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    You were my brother, Anakin. I would live or die for you. I would have protected your secret marriage if you had trusted me with the knowledge. I would have helped you and Padmé find a way to stay together and raise your child. Why did you give Palpatine your trust and not me? I had always protected and nurtured you?what caused you to think that I had changed? If it was anything that I said or did, then I have failed more miserably with you than I ever thought possible, and for that I can only say that I am sorry. I'm sorry, Anakin, that you felt you could not trust me. I'm sorry that I allowed the war to draw us further apart. And I'm sorry that I did not see it until it was too late."
    A single tear slid down Obi-Wan's cheek and the Jedi left Anakin standing, still stunned, in the room that was his cell.
    Beautifully written! It was the right approach for Obi-Wan . He approached Anakin with heartfelt emotions, love and humility. I hope it gave Anakin something to think about.

Obi-Wan lay his head down on his steepled fingers. His voice was muffled as he said, "I already doubt myself. Anakin didn't have to do it for me. His words were in anger and misguided, but some of them?a very few?have a ring of truth to them. I need to meditate on what I've learned so I can know where to go from here to reach him."
    Good characterization of Obi Wan.
    Obi Wan was willing to learn from and examine his own faults.

That brought Obi-Wan's head up and a spark of his old fire flamed in his words. "I know I can! Palpatine has started to poison his mind, but he didn't finish the job. I know I can still reach him! I just have to find the right way to do it."

You go Obi Wan. Cant wait to see how he is going to reach Anakin.
    Nice Chapter!

15. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post.

I think Anakin might come around once he can be shown the truth about what really happened. I think that he already knows, deep down, but can't let himself admit it. Once that wall breaks, he might start to see things clearly.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the idea of Yoda living with the Lars on Tatooine. (I presume he's staying with Owen and Beru). I wish we could see little bits of his experiences there.

Can't wait for the next post.

16. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh this is amazing! Truly amazing. Everything in your story feels so right, the dialogues, the characters' behaviour and personality... Wow... It's all very visual and it really feels like watching another Star Wars movie. I can almost hear Obi-Wan's voice (well... more Ewan's oh-so-sensual voice [face_love] ) when I'm reading.

It's just... awesome. I'm speechless. =D=

17. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I like the way Obi-Wan didn't give back to Anakin the same fury that accompanied his words. He was calm and honest. Hopefully that will awaken the real 'Anakin' Skywalker and make him begin to rethink a few things. [face_praying]

Can't wait for the next post! :)

18. Lirael

Lirael Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2005
    Obi Wan is going to turn him. He has to! Say it isn't too late!
    You have Obi Wan calling him Anakin. Is this a foreshadowing that Anakin is not all dark, or is it wishful thinking on Obi's part? Hmm... [face_thinking]

BTW, thanks for the PM. I did a little dance when I got it.

Keep it coming, I can't wait to read more.

19. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Good update!! The confrontation between Ani/Obi was really intense and emotional! You captured Anakin's hatred and Obi's shock at Ani's thought process so well!! The scene w/Yoda havin stuff swirl around his head was too cute!! Looking forward to more soon!

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I love that Obi-Wan is not giving up on Anakin now that he has seen just how twisted Anakin has become.

I certainly hope he can get through to him.

I also love how Yoda has to protect Owen and Beru

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. Amivane

Amivane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD!! I loved it!!!!
    [face_laugh] I know I can still reach him! I just have to find the right way to do it."
    Without finding myself slammed against a wall, he added in his mind. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

that was a great line!!!!! always in the character of Obi [face_love] [face_laugh]

great one indeed [face_dancing] =D==D= =D=
    i cant wait for moooore XD please update soon, the suspense is killing me!XD
    thanks for the PM [:D] ;) @};-

22. Darth_Mongoulus

Darth_Mongoulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2005
    Dude, Anakin's twisted. Poor Obi-Wan. Great story, by the way. I can't wait to see how Anakin turns back... that is, if he turns back. Won't Anakin be mad when he finds out Obi-Wan lied to him about the kids! *Dun dun dun!*

23. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey everyone, Durhelediel got moved alright. The phone company won't give her a time tomorrow that they are going to rehookup her phone and internet, and her job starts late. Maybe a miracle will happen and Anakin will go change someone's mind, but not hardly lol. So she'll be back as soon as she can.

24. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Poor Obi-wan! His words to Anakin were heartbreaking....and now he's on his own in trying to bring Anakin back from the darkside.

On a lighter note the bit about Yoda having his hands full with Luke was cute!

25. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Poor Obi-Wan, I hope he can get through to Anakin cos its the only way they can both heal.

Sounds like Yoda has got his hands full LOL - Sounds like Luke is getting the better of him already!!! ;)