main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Stormtrooper Armor

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK-507, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    Who in the Greater Omaha area has stormtrooper armor? I recently joined the ranks of the 501st and am looking for others in the area.

Adios!

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I know our fearless leader, Mark aka Paperclip X is supposed to be getting a set. Not sure who the 501st rep in the area is.

3. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I DO, I DO. TR/TK-359. Marks will be here before spring. Amber Purcell is the Omaha head but she's never around and I'm not sure if she even has armor yet. I'm thinking of asking Selle to head up the Omaha area. We will have 7 people I think who will have armor in the area and that should be enough to have our own outpost.

Here's the ones I know
    TK-359 Jake Ehrichs (me)
    TK-136 Dan
    TK-6911 Manuel
    TK-750 John

Ones still working on costumes or unknown status.
    Amber Purcell
    Mark (Paperclipx)
    Kurt G.

Drop me an email if you want to chat. I'll be helping Kurt G. assemble his armor this month probably and hopefully be able to lend Mark a hand with his as well.

Jake
    corranhornjje
    TK-359
    corranhornjje@hotmail.com

4. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Well I sure hope so!

5. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    Armor is almost complete. WOW ...this is a helluva project. Many hours at the Ugly Workbench!

I'll be making my first public appearance as TK-507 at the Groundhog Prom on January 26, 2002 here in Omaha. Should be fun!

Please e-Mail me at goetzinger@primalconcepts.com if you are interested in joining us at the event. Also, I've started a new web site (last week). It's called www.Stormtrooper.tk

FYI - My 16-year-old son, Conrad has purchased a suit of armor and is expecting it any day.

Celebration II is almost here!

6. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    And mine's been paid for since July and I still cant get it........

7. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    From who did you purchase the armor? I have an attorney here at work who may volunteer his time to recover your armor or money.

Too bad we don't have REAL blasters!

Kurt
    www.Stormtrooper.tk

8. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    I purchased it from Scott Hawkins. At the time, the head of the 501st. He has since been removed from the group due to his less then reputable business dealings. So he has my money, and no intention of delivering, I'm afraid. But sadly, I'm not the only one in this position. There are others......

9. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    You got more people on your side working for you than you think Mark. :) Hopefully yours will come sooner rather then later. I'll do a little more sniffing around and see what I come up with.

10. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Thats reassuring Jake! Thanks! Just gets a little frustrating some days.

11. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    Mark,

I almost bought a suit from Hawkins right after alphacon. Here's the contact information I have on him...

Scott Hawkins
    5165 Crestwood Dr.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80918
    XO/CO 501st, TK187
    719-535-9415

I'll drop him an e-Mail to see if he's still "selling" armor.

Who needs a bounty hunter?

www.stormtrooper.tk

12. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
  13. smanigal

smanigal Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I am a new member to this board----I am from Sioux City and I also purchased a set of Armor from Mr. Hawkins thru Paypal after attending Alphacon. I have been getting the run-around from him for 9 months....I call him once a week just to annoy him and his wife====

If you can help it would be appreciated.

I already have my passes and airline tickets to Celebration 2 and was hoping to be in uniform!!

14. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Dont hold your breath.......

15. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    I am in touch with the neighbor of Scott Hawkins. I think it's time you guys contact PayPal and tell your story. He's banned from the 501st and has simply stolen from you.

Let me know if you need any help. My father-in-law lives outside of Denver. He's a truck driver and would not mind dropping in on this punk to discuss this.

Adios!

16. smanigal

smanigal Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I have been in contact with Albin Johnson---leader of the 501st. He has said if you have not contacted him with your name please do so. He is compiling a list of people Scott Hawkins has ripped off. He cant to much but he may have some influence with people who know Scott Hawkins. On another note......Scott Hawkins acutally called me at home tonight---after I left a not to pleasant message at his home---wierd--he seems apologetic but has no answers--only says that I should get my armor in a few weeks---funny---hes said that for 6 months now.........IM OUT

17. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Already tried Paypal....since its been over 30 days, they dont care. Its not their problem anymore.
    Im tired of sending emails that get no reply. Its obvious there's no point in calling him. Albin and the 501st have all my info and there is very little they can do. It would cost more in legal fees then what I paid....so I guess I'm just screwed. But I learned a lesson, and wont be trying to buy anymore.

18. smanigal

smanigal Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    Mark,

Albin did give me names of people who can get us armor if we want to spend again---I am going to contact them since I dont want to go to INDY naked---lol

Contact me if your interested and I will get you the names--I will forward them and Albins email to you.

smanigal@pionet.net
    Scott McManigal
    Sioux City, IA

Also ---If you give me your name and address I will tell Scott Hawkins that I met ANOTHER that was not satisfied with NON-Delivery of items---your right about PAYPAL---they dont give a crap even if we were continually told it was just a DELAY and have emails to prove it. I at least wanted to get him BANNED from Paypal====

Thanks!!

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.