main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper Discussion thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JFettG, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I agree the speeders rules ass and and the ROTJ chase was awesome.

2. Karume

Karume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    storm troopers armour is the best armour i have ever seen

3. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    Personally I like mandalorian Armour.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I like the part where Obi-Wan uses the jedi mind trick on the stormtroppers.

"These are`nt the droids were looking for."

5. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I second the idea of riding an Imperial speeder bike.

6. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah that mind trick I thought was quite funny.

7. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Ever since I was a kid I've wanted to ride on a Speeder bike!!! I guess I'll finally just buy a motorcycle, it's probably the closest thing to it! ;)

8. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    It probably would be the closest thing.

9. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    The Scouts are my Favs too..
    The Chase is the best scene in the Saga
    Their gear is sooooo cool.

10. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    I agree they have awesome gear.

11. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I love the Stormtroopers, and it always bugs me alittle when people really rag on them for being poor shots. That has gone from being a joke to now being the standard and I think that is totally wrong! :mad:

I don't think the Rebels onboard Tantive 4 would say the Stromtroopers had poor aim!! Those guys were dropping like flies and the Stormtroopers even had to come through a bottle neck opening and still managed to force the Rebels back!!! :)

Don't people realize that if GL, God of all SW storytelling hadn't made them miss hitting the main characters then the saga would have turned out completely different. I mean the law of averages should come into play that even if the Troopers were terrible shots, one of them would have hit Luke standing in the open with no cover in ANH!!!

So, I say to all those who love/like Stormtroopers that when you hear that stupid remark, it is your duty to squash it and make sure the person who said it is marked for termination, as ordered by the Emperor himself!!! :D

This is TD-1973 over and out! (thats Sandtrooper-1973 to you newbies!)

12. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah I absolutely agree.When they were shooting at the Rebels only two of the Stormtroopers fell at the door and like 5 Rebel died and the rest started retreating.

13. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Right on JFettG!!! ;)

14. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    Up!Come on doesn't anyone else have something to say about the troopers?

15. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Well, I think Snowtroopers are the greatest things around, but that's just my opinion.

16. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    Well Snowtroopers are my second favorite so yeah the Snowtroopers are awesome also.

17. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Th Snowtroopers are awesome, I agree!! They had that E-Web Blaster Cannon that was really cool and their helmets rock!! I wish they made those for us fans to buy!

My favs:
    1)Sandtroopers/Stormtroopers
    2)Scouts
    3)Snowtroopers
    4)TIE Fighter Pilots
    5)Clonetroopers
    6)AT-AT Pilots
    7)Imperial Gunners
    8)Death Star Troopers
    9)Dark Troopers
    10)Spacetroopers

:D

18. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Ok for all you trooper freaks here's a dosy of a question.

If every single stormtrooper, scoutrooper, and whatever other kind of trooper you can think of is a clone, ow do you deal with the fact that thier are diferent voices, different faces (on the officers, the clonetroopers officers were covered) and different heights.

MY personal theroy is that although the idea started out as clone troopers too many were lost in the clone wars to make a unifying army. The emperor needed more troops, and quickly, and he couldn't get that with the clones. Insted he started out with recuiting people for the army, then forcibly removing them, brainwashing or otherwise forcing loyalty upon them, for alot cheper and faster than making clones.

Thoughts?

19. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    thier are diferent voices, different faces (on the officers, the clonetroopers officers were covered) and different heights

Well, first of all, just because they're clones doesn't necessarily mean they're all clones of the same person. But assuming they all are of Jango Fett, then:

a. Different voices. First of all, I don't really think this one has much merit. Not only are voices not genetic, but also the voices did sound very similar. Also, listen to Boba Fett's voice. That doesn't sound anything like Jango or young Boba. But that still doesn't mean that he's not a clone. People's voices change. Different environments, different voice modulators, heck, even different size helmets could affect the way they sound.

b. Different faces. Officers aren't clones. That's what the Imperial academy is for, to train officers. Notice how even clonetroopers served under Jedi generals, not clone generals.

c. Different heights. First of all, notice that there isn't a major difference between heights. Second of all, it takes a lot of effort to get a bunch of extras all exactly the same height. Third, Leia's comment "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" implies that stormtroopers are all basically the same height. But if you want an in-universe explanation, environment is to blame. Think about taking identical twins, who are basically the same thing as clones (albeit free-thinking ones), and putting them in two different environments. One of them is on a planet with heavy gravity and does a lot of heavy work. The other is on a planet of relatively low gravity, and doesn't do a lot of heavy lifting. Despite the fact that they have the same DNA, they will still be different heights.

20. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    IMHO Clonetroopers make Stormtroopers look obsolete. Sandtroopers, Scouttroopers, Dark Troopers, TIE pilots and all the rest show intelligence, but stormtroopers... I love that part at the end of RotJ where the Ewoks drum their helmets.

Compare Scouttroopers and Stormtroopers at the battle of Endor. Scouttroopers get lassoed by Ewoks and shot down by Rebel troops before they die. Stormtroopers, however, get bonked on the head, then drop like an armored sack.

21. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Man, how can I forget Dark Troopers? Those guys were awesome!

22. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Not all Stormtroopers are leftover Clonetroopers. Sure there are some probably left in the Stormtrooper ranks, but most of the guys in the OT are from different worlds.
    The Stormtroopers, Scouts, Snowtroopers AT-AT Pilots are basically the Army and Marines rolled into one. The TIE Pilots and Gunners and DeathStar Troopers are the Navy and Airforce.
    Davin Felth and his Commander were'nt Clones. I feel that when the Empiree took over, more and more young men joined to make a better life for themselves as it is today with our military. Heck more than half of the Rebel pilots served in the Imperial Academy, even Han!!! So the idea that the Storm's are all Clones is stretching things really thin!! :D

23. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Yes, but that's EU, and therefore can be contradicted.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Lucas stated that they were all clones. I don't remember the article, but I'm sure someone here knows where to find it.

24. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I don't ever remember hearing that the Stromtroopers are Clones. If someone can produce an article where it says that, I'd like to read it! Until then it would be stupid to think they were all Clones. The two one the Death Star talking about the new BT-sixteen sure did'nt act like they were clones! :)

EU or not, I think that the whole Clonetroopers are the Stormtroopers is kind of poor writing. [face_plain]

25. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah the officers aren't clones they were trained in the academy.Also Not all of them are Clones either some according to the EU were pulled out of their homes and forced to work for the Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.