main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper Discussion thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JFettG, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Clonetroops' helmets were partially designed by Lucas... when he and Doug Chiang simultaniously remembered the mythology that suggested Boba might have been a stormtrooper. The resulting helmet is a hybrid of Mandalorian and Stormtrooper helmets.

So if Lucas himself used "non-clone stormtrooper" EU, I think it's safe to say stormtroopers are NOT all clones.

Besides, clones are immensely superior to droids. Threepio outwitted a stormtrooper in ANH ;)

On a completely different note, I heard the Empire used seatroopers, but have never heard any stories with them. Has anyone else?

2. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Seatroopers were gonna be in a book about the Empire but they were scrapped later on with the book.

3. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
  4. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    Thanks Gay-Len!

5. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    "Master Yoda, all forward posistions are advancing." - Clone Commander

And so is this thread!!! Yahoo!!! :D

About the Clone Troopers Helmets design. I thought they look great. You can see a nice mixture of Mandalore Helmet design and OT Stormtrooper design!! :)

The only thing that kind of bugged me was the fin. I don't get it, neither Mandalore or OT Stormtrooper Helmet have this. Oh well, they still looked AWESOME!!!! :D

Also, is there any official drawings of what these "Sea Troopers" would look like?

Later Troops, back to patrol! ;)

6. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    Well the fins were to make the Mandalorian and the Clones helmets not exactly alike but I think the design of the helmet is awesome.I personally don't know where the sketches for Sea Troopers are but they would be hard to find since they were scratched with the story pretty quickly.

7. Annbri

Annbri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    I was told by JFettG to post this here:

Whose a worse shot: Orcs or Stormtroopers?

see other's responses here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8388578

8. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    ARRGGGHHH!!!!! :mad:

Stormtroopers are not bad shots! Look, realisticly Luke, Han and Leia would never have gotten off the Death Star! But since they are the main characters, it's like watching the GI Joe cartoon!! Cobra soldiers shooting thousands of rounds at the Joes, and not even ONE shot hitting anyone!!! ;)

But when the Stormtroopers are fighting ordinary rebel soldiers, like when they boarded the Tantive 4, they wiped the floor with those Rebel troops!!! The Rebels had the advantage too, the Stormtroopers had to enter a funnel like opening and they only lost 2 guys!! :)
    So there, Stormtroopers are not bad shots, they are just can't kill key Rebels! ;)

As far as the Orcs go, well, they kick serious booty too, just wait until Dec, or GO READ THE BOOKS YA LAZY BUMS!!!!! :D

9. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah really nothing is good aim against main characters in movies it's just the rules.

10. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    This must rise!

11. TIEdie7

TIEdie7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I've only read the first couple of posts, so if this was answered already, don't hate me ;) I'm just psyched I know the answer :)

Some of the troopers are clones, some joined volountarily(and the Empire doesn't even think twice about them being skilled or not), and some are forced to fight in the Empire's army(Take Kyp Durron's brother). They are trained on hidden training facilities on obsolete planets and then are 'shipped' to where they need to be.

THe colors on the Clone Troopers are more or less the same as the Battle Droids; Yellow-commander, Red-Securty/leutenaint, blue-pilot, plain-soldier.

Guess: I figure the different helemts and armour styles are there, one to distinguish them, and two to give the soldiers more of an advantage. The Scouttroopers have the visors to keep the sun out of their eyes. I know I wouldn't want to be zooming around at 50+ mph in a forest and not be able to see. The snowtrooper's aromor is to keep them warm and the Stormtrooper's armour and helmets is very clone-trooper like. I guess they just changed it a little.

Kinda off, but one of the Snowtroopers' AT-AT was destroyed by a rebel pilot(forget who! BAH!) who was played, non other than himself^^

Hope this was of some help^^

:TIEdie:

12. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    That is a great POV thanks for posting in this thread and not making a new one.

13. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    TIEdie, you are totally correct. The different uniforms are definately geared towards the Troopers assignment.

Did you guys know that in ROTJ, when the Emperor arrives on the DS2. Most of the Imperials in black uniforms with the standard Imperial hats are actually TIE Pilots. Pretty cool huh! Found that out through Decipher.

Hey, What kind of Trooper would you all want to be? Me, I'm a SandTrooper. Just awaiting my Dewback to arrive so I can go out on patrol! ;)

14. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
    I would say a Scout Trooper just starting up my speeder bike!

15. TIEdie7

TIEdie7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    A SpaceTrooper, zero-gravity would be awesome!

Edit: my first post, I said all this garbled junk at the end, that, in my eyes is hard to understand... to clear it up, one actor played both a snowtrooper and the pilot that killed him. :)

:TIEdie:

16. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
  17. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    "Yes Lord Vader, I've reached the main power generators. The shield will be down in moments! You may start your landing! All troops will debark for ground assault." - General Veers :D

And this thread has reached the front page again! ;)

Troopers RULE!!!

18. JFettG

Jun 12, 2002
  19. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    "Target, Maximum Firepower, FIRE!" - Gen. Veers

UP! ;)

20. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    Hey, I'm glad this thread is on the front page again! (It's nice to see a fellow Gen Veers fan, too, DarthZemog).

I like the Clonetrooper helmet fins. I especially like the little red light on those fins. Cool! I also enjoy the weapon they carry. Very cool. Not sure if I'd want to be a clone, though. I quite enjoy being an OT trooper for right now. :D

I'm interested in seeing if there will be any modifications to the Clonetroopers in EPIII, too.

21. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    How do they determine which clonetroopers to make higher ranks because they are all the same and have the same knowledge :confused:

22. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

I would assume the Commanders etc would be specially bred?

23. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks DarthNoll! I would think that the Kaminos would have special combat training for Clones they picked out for the different ranks.

Has anyone looked at the Clonetrooper rifle, turn it upside down and it's almost the Stormtrooper gun with some extensions on the stock and no handle! Very cool tie in! :)

Later Troops!

24. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    One question. Why do the Sandtroopers carry those big backpacks?

It seems obvious that the Stormtroops, Scout troops, Snowtroopers, Sandtroopers, AT-AT pilots and clonetroopers are all clones of Jango. But what about the Tie fighter pilots? Are they clones too? Maybe we'll find out in Episode 3.

BTW, in the movies, all of the troops are called Stormtroopers or clones. Go Figure.

25. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    I think the packs on the Sandtroopers are some kind of water filtration thing-a-ma-gig. Might even be for filtering sand-free air into and out of their helmets. I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.