main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

stormtrooper jango voices....?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jedimaster_1610, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimaster_1610

Jedimaster_1610 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2010
    Forgive me if i have posted this in the wrong area.

I have a question that popped into my head last night.

Was it my imagination or did a version of the original trilogy get released with the stormtrooper voices being Jango Fetts' voice?

Any help will be much appreciated,

2. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    The only change made to the OT in this respect was Boba Fett's voice in TESB. Tem Morrison re-dubbed the voice.

3. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Most of the stormtroopers in the OT aren't even clones. So.. there would be no reason to dub Mr. Morrisons' awesome voice.

4. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    Around 50% are, so I wouldn't say no reason.

5. Todd-Taun

Todd-Taun Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2010
    I'm pretty sure most of us remember hearing that the idea was at least "tossed around." I can't remember where I read that, but I at least know the guy isn't totally off his rocker by asking the question.

No, there was never any version of the OT released with Morrison's voice for the Stormtroopers, but I do recall hearing that Lucas considered it at some point.

And for the record, I don't really care either way. If Lucas had gone ahead with it, all it would have done is establish that, YES, the stormtroopers are indeed ongoing clones of Jango Fett. But since he chose not to do that, we all know that they aren't (which I do think makes more sense, but again, I wouldn't have been all up in arms had Lucas chosen to retcon that).

6. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I would be tickled pink if the next edition of the OT redubbed some of the stormtroopers voices with a Jango-voice.

7. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    it might be nice to see one or two redubbed but nothing more than that is required. even if all the stormtroopers were clones (its already been stated here that they're not) there's no reason to suggest many other and more varied hosts may not have been used after Jango.

8. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    It came down from Lucas that around 50% are clones, so I'll believe that. No clones were made for the general Imperial Army after Jango's batch; those were very specialized and more of Imperial assassins than soldiers. After the Empire was intact, they started taking recruits and that is half or so of what you see in the films. If you need proof of that, Han Solo and Biggs Darklighter are two examples former Imperial troops.

9. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Well Biggs was initially part of the Imperial Academy* from what I remember - but not neccessarily being trained as a stormtrooper (though granted, it seems likely they would recruit these too). Biggs was more likely being trained as a pilot or technician. I don't remember it being scripted that Han was ever part of the Empire. I'm assuming thats come from the EU.

*Isnt this the same academy Luke was aspiring to join? I'm perhaps confusing myself. I remember Biggs speaking to Luke in the deleted scenes that he had a friend on another planet who had joined the rebellion. I think it was here he said he was going to leave the Imperial Academy he was part of and sign up with his friend instead. I only ask because it seems daft Luke would have such desire to sign up for a body he only a day or so later says he hates.

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Yup, Biggs was planning to train at the academy, then jump ship at the first opportunity to join the Rebellion. There's a nice scene with him and Luke in the radio drama where he tells Luke this. This would have been Luke's plan as well.

11. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
  12. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I would like it if GL maybe made some of the stormtroopers have Jango voices, to connect it more to the PT. Maybe in the Ultimate Editions he could do this?

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Genetics don't create accents.

The original clones were presumably around Jango an awful lot, which is how you develop a particular accent-by exposure and the resultant imitation during the learning process of speech. It's got nothing to do with whose genes you're lugging around.

So no, no re-dubbing the stormtroopers, please.

14. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    In Star Wars, they ought to.

Jango hanging around with his clones? I'll believe it when I see it...

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I think the clone accents came less from Jango himself and more from the Kaminoans, who spoke sort of similarly.

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

Point A isn't even an argument, so I'll just blatantly ignore that. Yay for in-depth, analytical discussions.

Point B: Jango and other people who probably sound like him being around clones

and point C: Do any of the clones in the OT sound like Jango? Awfully strange how they stopped sounding like him after the guy died, and the only person still around who sounds like Jango is a clone who spent his entire childhood around Jango and presumably learned to talk from him...

17. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Not yet.

Thanks for the point about ARC Troopers. But to me in-universe explanations for why the Stormtroopers don't have Jango's voice is like in-universe explanations of sound in space. If they don't have Jango's voice in the OT, they're not clones.
    I actually expect a few Jango-voices to appear in the next edition of the OT, but if they dont come I have a fair in-universe explanation.

18. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Obi-Wan: And where is this bounty hunter now?
    Lama Su: Oh, we keep him here.

19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Kamino_(Imperial_Period)

This sums everything up completly.

20. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

Hasbro made a Biggs figure that has him as an Imperial pilot.

As for the clones, I was under the impression that after the clone rebellion that the Emperor still cloned but from a variety of templates. I would assume the templates came from above average recruits. And that the 501st still remained pure. Since the 501st was Vader's personel garrison, then they would be on the Death Star. In Battlefront II they are on the Death Star. So some of the stormtroopers should sound like Jango, it would make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.