main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

stormtrooperr armour

Discussion in 'Archive: Northern England UK' started by prop_master, Nov 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prop_master

prop_master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Hi all....This is my first time on this board and I want to show you my stormtrooper armour that I have scratch built.I have made my own forming machine and have almost completed the suit.Take a look at it so far.It's a full suit but I am doing a bit of tweaking tto the moulds to be a bit more movie accurate.Let me know what you think.BTW,I live in Leeds.

Cheers..

Paul.

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/the_prop_master

2. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Thats pretty good actually, I had visions of your link being something mad :p No, but seriously that looks pretty impressive.

You should maybe make them and sell them on TF.N (wait the Mods probably won't let you do that!!), but looks good.

From Leeds eh, most of us (mainly the Apprentoid Social Thread) are from Manchester and the surrounding area, but don't worry we ain't into this Lancs and Yorkshire rivalry malarky, afterall we all hate Man Utd!!!

3. long-mong

long-mong Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2003
    as you can tell darth mcdaddy isnt a bitter person especially when it comes to football...... you see he has a disability..... its man city

4. young_paddy1

young_paddy1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    did you use this guys design for a vacuum table?

5. prop_master

Jul 14, 2003
    yeah paddy,that it basically the same as mine,although I had to build my own oven in order to heat the sheets of 24"x24" plastic.I first saw the 'DH2' site about 3 years ago and decided then that I was going to make my own trooper suit.

6. young_paddy1

young_paddy1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I used some of that guys ideas in college when I was doing art.

7. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    as you can tell darth mcdaddy isnt a bitter person especially when it comes to football...... you see he has a disability..... its man city

Come clean now Rods, who do you actually support?? Because rumour has it your a closet Red, don't blame you on that one, but you started off with Celtic and they're crap so you moved onto Man Utd :p

Anyway back on topic, prop_master what do you use your storm trooper armour for (your name seems to suggest props) but do you make them for other people - I'm not interested btw - or is just a hobby?

8. prop_master

Jul 14, 2003
    I have made 2 stormtrooper suits so far.The first prototype is now in my brothers hands and I have the other.I just like to display it,but I do wear it around the house,eventhough are lass thinks i'm a nutter.When I am finished with the moulds,I maybe making a few more copies....maybe.

9. jedi_madison

jedi_madison Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2003
    pretty good.

how did you make it?

:D

10. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    I wouldn't expect an answer, prop_master deserted the Northern England FFUK some time before Christmas.

11. prop_master

Jul 14, 2003
    I sculpted all the parts of the armour with clay,then made moulds out of hot melt rubber,covered with a plaster jacket.Then I cast them with plaster of paris,and finally vacuum formed them with my home-made machine.I have since touched up all the ROTJ moulds to try and get them more movie accurate,and have also made all the moulds for ANH stormtrooper armour armour.I will be forming again next week with 2mm HIPS.I did leave this board,but I check back now and then.I am more into costuming and props.

12. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    ANH stormtrooper armour

You'll have quite a collection soon :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.