main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

stormtroopers = clones??? i don't think so!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Entala_Harrar, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    Some stormtroopers are clones. Others are recruit.

I belive GL has also said that the ST are not the clones we see in AOTC. By the OT, they dont clone the best of the best. They clone some Moffs cousin who couldnt run a mile if hes life depended on it.

2. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    gorge said the clones are stoormtroopers, get over it

And we all know that georgey-boy's opinion rules all, despite the lack of any actual logic.

Really though, all the Clonetroopers are the same height. The Stormtroopers are different heights. Did some Clonetroopers have a sudden growth spurt?
    Or could it possibly be that the Empire recruited people from across the Galaxy via its numerous Military Academies?

"Lucas says so" is an answer that few in the EUC smile upon. Try to avoid that, and use EU proof. If you'd prefer to "stick to the movies," by all means, do so. But do so here.

3. Entala_Harrar

Entala_Harrar Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2004
    Cmdrmith...

how many times do i have to tell you guys to ignore those??? my brother is never going to see your replies to them, cuz i'm never gunna let him on my computer ever again,
    can't we just forget that those happened? it's embarrassing that everyone thinks it was me,

ok, that last one was mine, so i'll defend it,
    the EU implies that the reason that the rebels started doing better is because they had good military leaders, but they didn't get those good leaders until a long time after the rebelion had started, i read something somewhere that implied that Jan Dodona joined up about midway between the start of the rebelion and the battle of yavin, and Crix Madine didn't join till after the battle of yavin,

and now that i think about it, it was probably the 501st onboard the Tantive IV as well...

4. Entala_Harrar

Oct 31, 2004
    so are we debating this issue from an EU standpoint, or a movie-is-the-only-accurate-source standpoint? i was debating this with a friend, and he won't take EU as proof of anything, so i've had to try and find proof in the movies that the STs aren't clones, all i've come up with is that there would be no point in having an imperial academy if they could still clone their armies (i keep wanting to bring up the ban on cloning, but that's EU, ARGH!!! lol)

5. liv3

liv3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2004
    they're clones... but not the ones you guys are thinking, the stormtroopers are the clones of jar-jar binks!

6. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    [face_laugh]

damn markups!

7. Robal_Krahl

Dec 23, 2003
    so are we debating this issue from an EU standpoint, or a movie-is-the-only-accurate-source standpoint? i was debating this with a friend, and he won't take EU as proof of anything, so i've had to try and find proof in the movies that the STs aren't clones, all i've come up with is that there would be no point in having an imperial academy if they could still clone their armies (i keep wanting to bring up the ban on cloning, but that's EU, ARGH!!! lol)

Since we're in the EUC, the EU reigns supreme, here. But if you were to debate that Stormtroopers are not Clonetroopers using only the movies, then the height issue is the foremost argument. If the Stormtroopers were all clones, they'd be the same height. They are not.
    There is also the fact that their voices are different, as well. Clones would have the exact same voice. The Stormtroopers, if you listen carefully, all have different voices.

8. Entala_Harrar

Oct 31, 2004
    hmmm... thanks, i'll have to use those arguements against my friend,

lil off topic, but anyone got any suggestions on how to kill my lil bro? (yes, i'm still mad about that)

9. Robal_Krahl

Dec 23, 2003
    first, change your password.
    second, take one of the things he loves the most, and remove his access to it.

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    lil off topic, but anyone got any suggestions on how to kill my lil bro? (yes, i'm still mad about that)

Get your parents permission. :p

Also, I believe the Commentaries on the DVD's brings up this debate as well. You could use that.

But, beings that this is the EUC, EU material is best used to support your arguments.

11. Entala_Harrar

Oct 31, 2004
    hmmm... steal his x-box.... this shows promise... lol

u really think they'll give me permision?? ok! i'll go ask them now!

(a few minutes later) they said no.... and now i'm grounded.... have to stay home and do nothing for 2 weeks... can't even go back to my apartment....
    (for those of you that couldn't tell... i am not being serious here... lol)

ok, now that i have some good movie based arguments to use on Mark, lets move on the the real thing,

let the eu debate begin!!!

12. Entala_Harrar

Oct 31, 2004
    any advice on killing older brothers or maiming mods? (jk about the mod part, lol) cuz i just got yelled at (ok, not really) by naboo princess for "spamming with socks" and it was really just me insulting my older brother for acting dumb

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    The wise boorishly lecture the young in private to lessen the embarassment of having a family squabble in public. Heed this advice well and you shall prosper. :p

14. Entala_Harrar

Oct 31, 2004
    i'd heed it, but you might want to rephrase it first, otherwise i might end up "heeding" something that you didn't mean, lol

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    In other words, keep your family squabbles at home and leave them off of the internet. You'll save yourself the trouble of having to beg a moderator to unban you or suffer further embarassment.

16. mlbfan

mlbfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2004
    Ya I did that once, and i got 48 hours!

17. Entala_Harrar

Oct 31, 2004
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo:

he made people think that he was me on this thread! what would you do??

18. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    1:Threadomancy is bad for your soul.
    2:Tell your little brother off/PM people if you want to bother them on how to kill your brother.
    That is our lesson for today class, good day.

19. JacenKatarnC3PX

JacenKatarnC3PX Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2005
    Stormtroopers are not clones! I forget what book it is mentioned, but I remeber some troopers were making fun of a few guys cuzz they were sum of the original batch of Kamino clones. Plus, if you read in (I think this is the right book anyways) Tales of Tatooine, or watever it is called, one of the stormtroopers had a personality and joined the rebellion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.