main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers clones,Now confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    Haha! How do you plan to argue out of this Bib Fortuna, Twilek! Are you gonna call Lucas a liar? Are you gonna say that the EU outranks the Man himself? Huh, whatcha gonna do? Huh? Huh!! ;)

2. Master_Sifo-Dyas

Master_Sifo-Dyas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    I do like the EU books, In fact I'm reading a book titled THE APROACHING STORM. I think GL's perspective on the EU ( or parallel universe as he calls it) explains his reasons for this revelation though.

from the latest CINESCAPE issue # 62 top of page # 49 it reads:

"There are two worlds here"explains Lucas. "There's my world,which is the movies , and there's this other world that has been created,Which I say is the parallel universe-the licensing world of the books, games and comic books.They don't intrude on my world,which is a select period of time,[but]they do intrude in between the movies.I don't get invoved in the parallel universe."

you can pic up a copy of both magazines ( CINESCAPE has two different covers Spielberg's on the second )I found both the articles enjoyable.

3. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Master_Sifo-Dyas, George Lucas can do as he wishes with the STAR WARS universe. ;) I fully enjoy the EU. If he really said that or something along those lines, it fits along with the understanding that I had of how he perceives the EU before I read your post.

4. Count_Drew-ku

Count_Drew-ku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    A couple of random quotes from our friend, Bib Fortuna, Twi'ilek

First, from this very thread:
    "Stormtroopers are not all the same height, regardless of what TOS says."

And second, from this thread, :"The body disappeared, plain and simple. Go read Anakin's bio on starwars.com "

And lastly, from this thread, in reference to someone posting info that doesn't agree with the Official Site: "You know, it is contrary to the Terms Of Service to knowingly post info that is false, so anyone who claims Fett to be dead is in violation of the TOS. "

Bib, you were told not long ago that every time you post you lose just a little bit more credibility, what little you had left has just gone flying out the nearest airlock.

It seems you don't agree with the official site now? You've used it so many times in the past to shut ppl up, and sound so high & mighty, what's wrong with it now? Nothing in it changed as far as I know...

5. plocool

plocool Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Maybe Stormies are clones, but the quality of the clone may be poorer after the beheading of pappa Fett, causing subtle differences in height and such.

Voices could be a result of dialect developed on different planets etc.

Boo!

6. FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002

FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    About clones behavior :

Someone pointed that stormtoopers where less "clonish" because they had this little discussion in ANH, while OB1 was disactivating the tractor beam.

May I just remind you people that cloning duplicates cells, body, ... A clone is a biological, genetical copy.

But then you have a social factor which comes into play : clones are given different assignment, live different lives, meet different people, fight in different battles, and each one of them has different experiences.

They are still human beings, and can perfectly have casual discussions, and different opinions, even though they are all really submitted to authority.

Two clones won't necessarily think alike.

7. DarthPanthro

DarthPanthro Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    Hi guys, just thought I'd put a thought here.
    The Kaminoans need to take DNA from Jango every so often, which is why he stays on Kamino. After Jango dies, Boba is recruited by Vader and /or Palpatine to be the source for the next wave of clonetroopers, AKA stormtroopers. Boba is an exact unaltered clone of Jango, so his DNA should be of sufficient quality. How's that? Let me know what you think guys!

8. Armoton

Armoton Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    Well, in AOTC the Kaminoans say that they've been growing the clones for 10 years now, and have '200'000 ready, with another million in progress' and 'more will take time to grow'. Considering the sheer size of the Empire (200'000 troops hardly seems enough to even rule a single Earth-like planet - there were more in Desert Storm), they need to produce clones at numerous different sites and from different 'fathers'. Then, these clones become mixed into different units, and voilá - we have stormtroopers of varying height, voice, age...

T. Armoton

9. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    DarthPanthro,

Makes sense to me and it could explain some of the Stormies less than perfect qualities. If they had to start using Boba's DNA for cloning then they would be using a clones DNA. That would result in lesser quality clones me thinks.

10. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    I remember Lucas saying he liked giving the Fans something to fill in themselves

So myself I have always thought all of the Imperials to be clones Including the unmasked officers, but from different sources and in such great quantities of sources that they rarely see a same clone. This fits in with the Guys in black beeing of duty ST's.
    Maybe all the Star destroyes have literally the same crew just with the officers differing, who knows.
    and as GL suggested I will fill in the gaps to my own liking.
    As far as Boba beeing connected maybe its similar to "Judge Dredd" the movie with mixed DNA from several sources making up a St's DNA, thus though looking different they all have some of Boba's qualities.

That is the concept I have always thought of
    and I like it that way.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Stormtroopers are not clones.

[image=http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/premiere/dark/images/imperialreinforcements.gif]

If, in the Ultimate Editions, Lucas replaces every stormtrooper with someone else who has the same height and the same voice, only then will the stormtroopers be clones. It's that simple.

12. Sithchilde

Sithchilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    Bib, why on earth must Stormtroopers be the same height to prove they are clones? Different diets could easily explain any difference in height.

I don't think we've heard enough ST to say that they are too dissimilar to be identical clones.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    All of the stormtroopers have different voices.

Most of the stormtroopers are of varying heights.

That proves they are not clones.

14. Sithchilde

Feb 14, 2002
    Bib, no offence, but that last post is nonsense.

Unless you are claiming that you have some secret copy of the OT, in which EVERY SINGLE STORMTROOPER lines up, side by side, and speaks, it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to say that all ST have different voices and that most have different heights.

Perhaps you mean that, from the handful of ST you have heard talking, all the voices sound different, although we should then note that none of them took their helmets off, so we can't be sure what their normal voices sound like.

And, as has been pointed out before, varying heights is most certainly NOT proof that ST aren't clones. Differing diets could explain that easily.

15. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    In Dr Evil's voice: You're fricken amazing Bib!!

You are the poster child for those who wish to live in denial.

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Compare any two stormtrooper voices in any of the OT movies. They're completely different. Case in point, the scene in ANH where the two stormies are conversing while Obi-Wan is disabling the tractor beam.

Or how about the fact that Luke and Han, both of whom clearly have different heights and voices, were able to walk around in stormtrooper disguise with no one even being the slightest bit suspicious of them?

EDIT: I'm not in denial. I'm simply providing proof that the stormtroopers are not clones.

17. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    But.....

all of the stormtroopers wear the same battle-armor suits, none of them ever show their faces behind the helmets nor do they do anything independently.

Therefore, they are clones!

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Um, no. That doesn't prove a thing, PMT99. And at least two of them did indeed do something independent: the two that talk while Obi-Wan disables the tractor beam.

19. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Bib: So, according to you, Lucas is a liar then?

20. Sithchilde

Feb 14, 2002
    TK327, please refrain from launching personal attacks on those with differing opinions, especially when you have nothing to add that is actually on topic.

Bib, firstly I'd point out that Luke's height was commented on by Leia, who specifically says that he is "short" for a stormtrooper.

Secondly, again I would point out that we have heard only a fraction of a fraction of ST speak, and the "variations" in their voices could be put down to other factors, as could any variations in height. The evidence which you claim proves that ST aren't clones isn't a FACT, just evidence which may support a different conclusion.

21. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    Bib, those 2 stormtroopers that were talking have the same voice and they were ordered to remain at the tractor beam so that isn't being independent.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    We can hear no less than 21 different stormtroopers talking throughout the OT, and all of them have different voices. That's a pretty big sample if you ask me.

23. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Sithchilde: If you will take the time to look, you will find that I have posted several ideas regarding the identity of the stormtroopers on other threads.

And that was not a personal attack. It was an attempt at humor. And please forgive some of us if we are a bit incredulous about Bib's insistence to ignore what Lucas himself has confirmed.

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The two stormies talking in the tractor beam core do not have the same voice at all. Try actually watching the movie and you'll see.

25. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Welcome to Denial. Population: Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.