main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers clones,Now confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    How am I in denial? Please post proof if you think I am.

I have simply provided proof that the stormtroopers in the OT are not 100% clones.

2. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    The only time we hear the stormtroopers speak is in ANH and ROTJ and while the stormtroopers have different voices, they still sound exactly the same when they speak to one another.

ANH-The ST's sound exactly alike when speaking to another.

ROTJ-The ST's on Endor sound exactly alike when speaking to another or when they are chasing the rebels.

3. Sithchilde

Sithchilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    TK327, sorry, but commenting on the person rather then the opinion has too often lead a thread into flamming hell, and a two line reply which only mentions the person is a bit nasty.

Bib, the 21 different voices is an incredibly small sample of...what, hundreds of thousands of ST (actually, since you I've read other posts by you and know you to have a vast knwoledge of the ST universe, how many ST were there in the time of the OT)?

And, once again, differences in voices and height are not facts which disallow the possibility that ST are clones.

Evidence which suggests they might not be? YES.

Evidence which is fatal to the claim that ST are clones? NO.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Understand this:

If Lucas wants all the stormtroopers to be clones, he'll digitally replace each and every one of them with troopers that are all the same height in the Ultimate Editions. So until he does that, not all of them are clones. Period.

5. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    1. Lucas said they are clones.
    2. You merely provided proof that they are not the same height. That doesn't mean they are not clones. They could be from different sources. The gene pool could be diluted, causing genetic variations.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    ANH-The ST's sound exactly alike when speaking to another.

ROTJ-The ST's on Endor sound exactly alike when speaking to another or when they are chasing the rebels.

Um, no they don't. Maybe you should get your hearing checked.

7. Verdi

Verdi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    Why do both the clone and stormtroopers wear armor when a single blaster shot kills them?

8. PMT99

Nov 23, 2000
    Yes, they do.

You need to get your priorities straight and face the truth...the stormtroopers ARE clones and just because they have different heights or voices doesn't mean they aren't.

9. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Sithchilde: Your approach is more civil, to be sure. I just didn't have the energy to rehash arguments I've made countless times before. Cheers.

I do, however, think it's pointless to argue about the 'evidence' when the creator of the Star Wars films provides us with a straight answer. An answer that many of us have expected for quite some time...

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Again, until Lucas digitally replaces every stormtrooper in the Ultimate Editions, they're not clones.

Period.

11. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Bib Fortuna, what if GL came to your house and told you they were clones right to your face? Would you try to argue with him?

12. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Bib may be the only Star Wars fan who will relish the fact that the OT Ultimate Editions are still three years off. ;) 8-}

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yes I would argue with him, because a big, all-encompassing blanket statement such as "all stormtroopers are clones" does not fit with what the movies show. If the movies are changed, that's all well and good. If they're not, then the statement is invalid. It's that simple.

14. darthmaul1138

darthmaul1138 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 1999
    Bib is crazy.

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    How does providing evidence that the stormtroopers are not clones make me crazy?

16. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Yes I would argue with him, because a big, all-encompassing blanket statement such as "all stormtroopers are clones" does not fit with what the movies show

I disagree. He did not say all stormtroopers are clones from the exact same source or all stormtroopers are clones with no genetic variations. Your whole argument is "if they aren't the same height and don't have the same voice, then they aren't clones." But we established there are perfectly good explanations for how they can still be clones and be different heights and have different voices.

17. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    You know...there's a good reason why Lucas introduced the concept of clonetroopers in AOTC. And it wasn't just for the sake of naming it the Clone Wars.

18. PMT99

Nov 23, 2000
    George Lucas is the creator of the Star Wars universe so anything he says is NOT invalid no matter what garbage you read from the EU.

Also, the movies show that the Clonetroopers are wearing similar armor that the Stormtroopers wear so they are clones.

19. kelgryn

kelgryn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    They are clones, very obviously so. In fact, I had always assumed they were. Now why were they not all the same height and have the same voice?

1)Too hard to find identical actors
    2)Technical reasons
    3)budget reasons
    4)nobody knew much about cloning in those days, so Lucas probably figured noone would care.

Its called having a willing suspension of disbelief. Every movie goer needs one...making you should look in the closet for yours Bib.

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You know...there's a good reason why Lucas introduced the concept of clonetroopers in AOTC. And it wasn't just for the sake of naming it the Clone Wars.

Not really. The prequels show the evolution of the combat soldier:

TPM: Battle droid: Not very effective
    AOTC: Clonetroopers: Very effective, but they still take a lot of time to grow them in sufficient quantities.
    OT: Stormtroopers: Not quite as effective as clonetroopers, but they can be recruited from all corners of the galaxy to assemble an army very quickly.

21. MINI_YODA

MINI_YODA Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    I think its great that the ST are clones. It adds new meaning to what the rebels were fighting for.

On a symbolic level it becomes a battle of free will and expression versus slavery and mindless obedience.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    George Lucas is the creator of the Star Wars universe so anything he says is NOT invalid no matter what garbage you read from the EU.

That's funny, there is no "garbage" in the EU. But then again, I didn't even mention the EU at all in this thread.

Also, the movies show that the Clonetroopers are wearing similar armor that the Stormtroopers wear so they are clones.

Um, no.

23. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001

I thought this was an interesting bit from The Art of Attack of the Clones:

Initial clone trooper concepts began with Chiang helmet sketches exploring the look of an older class of stormtrooper... Then, in a serendipitous turn, Chiang and Lucas simultaneously recalled old mythology implying that Boba Fett might have been a stormtrooper. That fusion of ideas resulted in the approved final sketch. ...this first generation trooper suit was made of metal, as opposed to the high-density plastic of the future stormtrooper suits.

24. PMT99

Nov 23, 2000
    Um, yes because before filming on AOTC even started, Lucas described Jango Fett as being the "source behind the stormtroopers" so that pretty much seals the deal on the stormtroopers being clones.

Another thing, you are using a baseball card just to prove they aren't and that is only a part of the EU.

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    How is the card EU? It shows a picture directly from the movie. If you prefer, I could have searched TFN's image archives to find the exact same pic, minus all the card material, but I just used that pic because I had the URL readily available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.