main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers clones,Now confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Bib: But I think the first line in your sig. explains why you are arguing so vehemently, now doesn't it? ;)

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Not at all. I am solely using movie evidence for this argument, so the EU is irrelevant to this discussion.

But then again, Lucas' comments on the stormies being clones is technically EU, as that quote of his never appeared in any of the movies.

3. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    the card talks about certain things that is not mentioned or shown in the movie so it is EU.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The image is not EU, and it is the only thing relevant to this discussion.

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Bib, why in the name of Salma Hayek are you trying to argue that the creator of Star Wars is wrong about Star Wars? You do realize how silly that sounds, right? According to the article quoted, George Lucas says stormtroopers = clonetroopers. That should pretty much be it.

BTW, I notice that some folks are using databank as supporting evidence. According to TOS, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, clonetroopers and stormtroopers are all the same height (1.83 meters) Going by that evidence, Brackiss, Biggs Darklighter, and Captain Panaka are also clones. :p

Oh yeah, and going by that logic Admiral Ackbar, Greedo, Dengar, Bib Fortuna, Admiral Thrawn, Jek Porkins, Imperial Gunners & Imperial Navy Troopers are all clones of Grand Moff Tarkin and Han Solo because they're all 1.8 meters! :p

6. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    It's also obvious for a few other reasons:

1) In Ep2 Dooku takes the Death Star plans from the Geonosians to give to his master, Darth Sidious.

2) In Ep3 Dooku or Sidious might very well 'take' the cloning technology used by the Kaminoans to cultivate his stormtroopers.

3) As we know, Palpatine adopts not only a similar logo for the Empire that the Republic used, but also uses the same shapes of the Republic ships to use for the Star Destroyers.

So you see there's a lot of taking involved by Palpatine to build his new order and taking the technology to make clones to build his stormtrooper army for the Empire is not only entirely feasible but it works with what we know already from having seen AOTC.

7. PMT99

Nov 23, 2000
    The image is from the movie but the information it contains is not.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    So? The only reason I posted that card was because it contained an image from the movie that was relevant. Again, if you prefer, I could have spent several minutes searching TFN's archives looking for the appropriate image, but it was much easier to post the card image instead.

9. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    i don't agree with bib, but i think a line in rotj may have to be changed if stormtroopers are clones - the line where the death star 2 officer tells vader he needs more "men" to get back on schedule. don't you think they'll need to change that to "clones" for the ultimate edition dvd???

just a thought...

10. PMT99

Nov 23, 2000
    Bib, you can search all over God's green earth for all I care and you still won't have anything that proves that the Stormtroopers are not clones.

Lucas says that they are.
    Accept it.
    Now move on.

11. TrueHero

TrueHero Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    It is Lucas's fantasy,not yours. Leave him and the troopers alone. If Lucas says they are, then they are. If you want them to not be clones then go and write your own movie.

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Lucas says they are. The movies show they're not. Therefore, since Lucas is not an "in-universe" source, the movie takes precedence. That's simply the way it works.

If one of the movies proves that all the stormies are clones, then and only then do you have a valid argument.

Remember, Lucas' comments are EU.

13. willy4pres

willy4pres Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    I don't think Bib really understands the term "clone" the same way that most of us do.

Your surroundings has a greater effect on you then you realize. If your from the North vice the South (I don't know where your from), then you would speek in a completely different manner then a typical Southern person. And that's just a minor case of your surroundings effecting you, imagine if you grew up on a different planet.

The OT movies had to make do with what they had, they didn't have CG effects to make each and every Storm Trooper the same height, on screen. And plus, they all sound the same to me.

14. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    There's also a question of why Palpatine and the Empire would need to recruit people to be stormtroopers when they could just make their own army using clones.

Basically it doesn't make sense for the stormtroopers not to be clones.

15. lod43

lod43 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    ok i have a random question...who is fighting who in the clone wars?

16. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Lamu Su said to Obi Wan that the clones are altered to make them more dosile so I think that when Palpatine finally reveals himself as the emperor he will make the clones more aggressive,and as to the fact that clones are better than stormtroopers remember the clones are fighting battle droids-not the most effective army in the universe!

17. dahveed72

dahveed72 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    This is one stupid thread.

18. TrueHero

TrueHero Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    I think the music playing while Obi 1 overlooks the clone army on Kamino simply says that they are the same as stormtrooper. The music playing is the same as the Empire's music. That's enough for me to know ther are clones.

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The Imperial march plays when Yoda is sensing Anakin's pain. That means Yoda is a part of the Empire.

Musical cues don't really mean that much.

20. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    if one of the movies proves that all the stormies are clones, then and only then do you have a valid argument.

Um, that'd be Attack of the Clones.

21. TrueHero

TrueHero Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    Anakin becomes part of the Empire. Empire Music makes sense when Yoda feels Anakin's pain. The music reveals Anakins steps to becoming Darth Vader. Moron!!

22. dahveed72

Mar 11, 2002
    God Lucas spells it out for you in the most blatantly obvious ways. How can anyone be confused by these prequel movies?

23. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Remember, Lucas' comments are EU.

Lucas' comments are canon, therefore they cannot be EU.

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Um, that'd be Attack of the Clones.

No, that only proves that the troops used at 22 BBY are clones.

Lucas' comments are canon, therefore they cannot be EU.

Um, Lucas' comments are not in the movies, so they are EU. It's that simple.

25. dahveed72

Mar 11, 2002
    heh, i still cant help but snicker every time people use the words "Lucas" and "canon" in the same sentence. I understand what you mean, of course, but its still amusing...

foxbat, yer allllllright!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.