main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers clones,Now confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Man_with_No_Name

The_Man_with_No_Name Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    If GL has said that stormies are clones, how can this issue even be up for debate?

So not every Stormtrooper in the OT has the same voice or is the same height ... so what?

Those who don't believe Lucas need to remember that these are fictional films. Casting, budget, time, and technical ability (real-world issues) made it difficult for GL to make sure every Stormtrooper in the OT was the same height.

But, the intent/implication was there (the armor, never seeing their faces, "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper), and that's all that matters. Don't take it quite so literally, and go with the flow of what GL is suggesting in his movies.

2. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Bib, you have no concept of what a clone really is, do you? If you cloned a man three times, there is NOTHING that would guarantee that they all had the same height and same voice. NOTHING. Say out of those three clones, one was a heavy smoker, one was a singer, and one was just a couch potato. Their voices would be very different, even though genetically they are copies of one another.

What you can't get through YOUR thick skull is that genetics is NOT the only factor in physical appearance, that the environment plays a huge role as well. If clone #1 had a ton of nutritional supplements and a good exercise routine, he would look a lot different than clone #2, the couch potato. He would probably be taller than couch potato, he would have a lot more lean muscle mass, and definitely less body fat.

I'm sure you'll ignore this of course, but whatever.

3. Luke_Threadkiller

Luke_Threadkiller Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    Man, I will never, Ever, EVER be able to enjoy SW again - all because of this thread. It was just a series of good, ol' fashioned, fun adventure movies, and you people have just ruined it for me with all this high-falootin' introspection.

:(

4. FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002

FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    He, he, he ...

This debate is pointless and lame.

-AOTC is meant by Lucas to show us the origins of the Empire's stormtroopers : they are clones, secretly ordered by the Sith Lords.

-Lucas *himself* confirmed that stormtroopers from the OT are clones.

And some people still think they aren't ????

Just because they do not have the same voices or heights ?

Tell me, young fanboys, who in the audience will notice that Stormtroopers have different heights ? And voices ?
    They have three lines of dialogs in the whole OT !! Even Vader's voice sounds different in ANH than in ESB and ROTJ !

This is ridiculous !

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Oh the irony!!! [face_laugh]

I find it funny that people claiming Stormtroopers aren't clones use movie facts to back up their arguments in a movie forum, while people insisting Stormtroopers are clones are using information from a non-movie magazine, which isn't even a Star Wars or LFL publication to base their arguments on.

Anyone who's followed a movie-EU debate needs to at least acknowledge the irony there.

Or said another way, it's glad to see movie purists viewing magazines as movie canon. :) We've come a long way, baby.

6. Palpazzar

Palpazzar Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Bib, do you not accept what I posted on page two? Do you not believe clones growing and/or being stationed on different worlds would affect their height, voice, and personality?

That they appear different heights does not prove one thing. That is easily explained.

Perhaps some troopers aren't clones. I don't suspect the Royal Guards are, and they serve in trooper units. But the fact is most stormies are clones.

7. FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002

Feb 20, 2002
    Well,

Lucas interviews are canon, period.
    More canon than any EU novel or comic with Lucasfilm written in golden letters on it !!!

If Lucas says they are clones, they are clones.

What pleases you all so much in thinking that "some stormies are clones, and some other aren't" ????
    WTF ??

Why even come up with incredibly well thought out explanations for why they do not have the same height ? When you watch the film, you do not even notice it !!

Unless you've watched it 1000 times and get bored ...

Stormtroopers all look the same to me. I can't find any continuity error there. Sorry.

I can't see what the problem is, really.

8. Auge_Der_Sturm

Auge_Der_Sturm Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2001
    This debate has become about pointless. However, I think it's nice to see Bib admit that the EU isn't canon.

9. Jungle_Fett

Jungle_Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    I'm reading these threads since a few days ago,I've read so much different opinions of so many people,that I agree and desagree.But I only has readed the posts,and just now my desire of share my opinion with all you will happens,because I felt that I have to write something about this topic.So,first,let me say hello to all you,people!

Then,what I think about this...

I agree with everyone who said the stormtrooper indeed are clones,especially this last post of FAT_2002 (just an abreviation ;-)) it's exactlly what I wanted to tell: Just only that guys who watches the movies hundreds of time,who really wants find small details or mistakes,(don't caring more about the real film),are the people who will find them,in other words,just (some of) the fans.No way the standard audience will note if has something different in the height or voice of everyone trooper in the background.They just will assume they're clones and believe in this,because the story tell this,and they're right,I don't recomend do what some of you are doing,trying explain in details of a MOVIE what the history makes clear.If the clones were suposed to be all of the same height or not,don't interests very much,this being acceptable or not either,we have to understand that GL never could selected extras with the exactly same height,or if he was worry about this and the voices,this is just how the movie could be made,not a significant detail to the history.(Even so,if it's to consider this of a part of the history then I agree entirely with the theories writed in this topic,they really make sense,and don't interest if they are in the movies or not,if these details of filmaking can be considered (and just for the fans),then why not so the theories explaining these details be acceptable in the history too?(and then,just explain to the fans again.See?Are the fans who try to find troubles not explained in the movies,and so are the fans who will try to find these explanations extra-film for those fans,this is perfectly acceptable.)
    Even so,I think that phrase of Leia,in ANH,(Aren't you a litle short to a stormtrooper?),already shows the intentions of GL about this.

So Bib,if George Lucas makes clear that the clonetroopers are stormtroopers,even if you don't agree with him (but I don't know why),or you'll just accept this fact sooner or later,or you'll just forget the prequels exist and just believe in what you want.I think you still is refusing to accept this,because this fact isn't is 100% showed in the films yet,but I think this will remain just untill the Ep.III came out,because GL probably want's and will make this clear in the film,if he have this opinion,and he have the control of everything about SW,then he will do in the way he wants,disagree with he at this point it's absolutely useless.

But,if you guys who still thinking they're not clones and don't believe in those theories about this,so I don't know why you just can't consider this as an error of filming,or a plot hole,a blooper,whetever...Why this have to be necessarily an indication that the stormtroopers aren't clones?There are lot of things changed from film to film in SW,some things which can be explained and others which can't.You guys want an example?I'll show you the most explicit of all:The Emperor of TESB.
    In all SW movies,excepted TESB,that the Emperor has appear as Ian McDiarmid,with his face and his voice.But in TESB we saw an Emperor completely different such as the face as his voice.Well,that means so that it's not the Emperor?That he was an impostor and Darth Vader was been fooled all the time?Who is he after all?Of course all we know he is Emperor Palpatine,no one doubt that,I don't saw any topic around here suspecting if that guy was really him or not,they are different,but we know they're the same person and we just accept it.(hehe,curious though,we all agree those completely different guys are the same person,but still,we have large debates that question if Palpatine and Sidious,who are exaclty identicals,are the same person or not. :-D)

Well,then that is it.I think al

10. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    [face_laugh] *points and laughs at Bib* [face_laugh]

11. AmadeusExMachina

AmadeusExMachina Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Of course they're all clones. Bib is borderline trollish in here, in his complete lack of attention to words DIRECTLY FROM GEORGE LUCAS regarding what's what in the universe.

Frankly, when something isn't clear in the films, and Lucas comments on it to clear it up, what Lucas says becomes movie fact.

All the stormtroopers are clones. The officers and such obviously aren't, but a little common sense could've brought us to that conclusion.

And honestly.......to think that normal "recruited" humans would be willing to go around, totally nameless and faceless, getting shot and following orders, is asinine. If you didn't already assume that all the stormtroopers were clones, you're not the brightest crayon in the box.

But seriously, folks.......don't argue with a troll, as you've been doing for about 7 pages now.

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    This debate has become about pointless. However, I think it's nice to see Bib admit that the EU isn't canon.

When did I ever admit that?

13. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I never, ever thought I would defend Bib, but he is arguing a valid point. In the OT the stormtroopers aren't really presented as clones - the fact that GL says they are is interesting, but you shouldn't shoot people down for pointing out the faults with GLs statement.

I personally believe that the troopers in the OT are a mixture of new clones and conscripts, I guess only GL knows for sure.

14. FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002

Feb 20, 2002
    KAA...

could you please tell us how stormtroopers are not presented as clones in the OT ???

How would you present clones exactly ?

Back then, when ANH was released, I remember us, early fans, wondering wether stormies were soldiers or clones, or whatever.

What you have is hundreds of soldiers wearing white armors and helmets.
    And so what ? what makes you think they can't be clones ?

15. Captain-Atreides

Captain-Atreides Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    i never knew wearing the same clothes makes someone a clone.............

Stormtroopers have diffrent heights and voices

16. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Yeah, that's what I meant - the voices and heights. If GL says they're clones, fair enough, but it'll need explaining in EpIII :).

17. DarthCorky

DarthCorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Notice how whenever someone closes one of those doors in the OT they don't move at all while it closes? This was the rsult of a sped up film effect, but clearly it proves that there is some energy making everyone stay still while they close doors.

Ever notice those "boxes" around some of the flying ships in the OT? Those are matte lines, but they must mean something. I bet that's the ship's shields somehow becoming visible.

Unless Lucas digitally changes these problems in the ultimate editions, it is fact, I don't care what he says. People can't move while they close doors in the SW universe, and SW ships sometimes have visible square shields. Period.

18. DarthCorky

DarthCorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Also, I noticed in ROTJ that when the Rancor picks up the Gammorean and is about to eat him, the Gammorean isn't moving at all. This suggests some kind of paralyzing agent that secretes from the Rancor's hands.

19. bad radio

bad radio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    Different height, different build, different sounding voice could denote rank? Notice that with the exception of the Sandtroopers, there isn?t a color scheme that denotes military status within the Stormtrooper lines like there is in the Clonetrooper ranks in AOTC. I would guess that the physical attributes in question were genetically altered to distinguish a captain from a sergeant, a sergeant from a private, etc.

20. FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002

Feb 20, 2002
    God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said same clothes meant clones !

What I said is that all we know about stormies in the OT is that they are soldiers of the Empire who all wear exactly the same armor. They can be clones or not, but *nothing* contradicts the clone theory (which is not a theory anymore, but a fact confirmed by Lucas).

-Different heights ? How is it obvious in the OT ? Extras playing the stormies didn't have exactly the same size, however, since all the armors were the same, you can bet they chose extras about the same height !

Oh, the average movie goer thinks : Stormies are all the same.

-Different voices ?
    What do they say in the OT ?
    Three lines ?

The voices sound similar. They're all heard through a voice synthetizer, which make them sound robotic anyway;
    They do not reveal much personality really !!

Like I said, Vader's voice doesn't sound the same in ANH, and in ESB/ROTJ. The sound effect is not the same, etc.

That's really nitpicking and obsession. There is *no* problem with stormies being clones.

21. FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002

Feb 20, 2002
    LoL @ Darth Corky !!

22. Captain-Atreides

Jun 19, 2001
    Dooku is a clone of qui-gon because they both have lightsabers,GL told me

23. Count_Drew-ku

Count_Drew-ku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I'm still waiting for Bib to answer my question on page 1.

The Official site has been used by him on several occasions now to end discussion, now all of a sudden "I don't care what TOS says."

Why the change?

24. FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002

Feb 20, 2002
    Atreides, this is what I wrote :

What you have is hundreds of soldiers wearing white armors and helmets.
    And so what ? what makes you think they can't be clones ?

How did I say that they were clones because they wore the same armor ???

I'm not really interested in continuing this discussion.

Think. And you'll see.

Bye bye

25. Captain-Atreides

Jun 19, 2001
    if all stormies are clones then GL should have destroyed the EU years ago by not using zahn's capital planet name:coruscant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.