main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers flying?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by fxarrell, Jul 3, 2015.

1. fxarrell

fxarrell Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey guys, i have been wondering, can storm troopers fly ships? Like not wether they are authorized to or not, but are they able to? Not ships like tie fighters and tie bombers, but like the lambda class shuttles or landing crafts.

2. Jesse Booth

Jesse Booth Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2014
    Possibly. I imagine flying small spacecraft is somewhat common knowledge in the Star Wars universe, and since all the storm troopers are recruits with their own background history, I assume some of them know how to fly. And there'd probably be a lot of them trained to fly while they were storm troopers. So yes, I imagine they can fly.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why wouldn't they? They're just people. Some of them probably know how to fly, some of them don't.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I don't doubt that throughout a Stormtrooper's career with the Empire he may find himself in an aviation wing and/or get pilot training. But I doubt that every Stormtrooper receives any standard pilot training.

Also, Stormtroopers might be similar to the structure of the US Army, where a combat soldier can switch career fields altogether and enter the aviation field, or vice versa, somebody who is in aviation can transfer into a combat job, although it is usually the former. So a Stormtrooper having previous flight experience in that regard might not be out of the question.

5. Isaiah9823

Isaiah9823 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2015
    Stormtroopers are only part of the ground battles while the pilots are from a different place all together.