main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Stormtroopers... Here?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Dec 10, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The suggestiveness is nearly overwhelming...

2. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    that is the worst girl stormtrooper ive ever seen.

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Overwhelmed!

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    On a tangential topic, I want to see other kinds of troopers in the ST besides stormtroopers, particularly for the enemy faction. Like the Sun Guard mercenaries that served the Sith through many generations (including Plagueis), and they can now once more serve their true masters, the Dark Lords of the Sith.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Mandalorians would be nice too, as they also possess a similar helmet/armor design and they wear blaster- and lightsaber-resistant armor made of beskar iron, which would make them truly fearsome foes, not just to the New Republic's standing forces, but to the Jedi as well.

niel6658, Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

6. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Guy on the left looks a bit like Bendak Starkiller from KOTOR. Wonder what the weapon in the picture to the right is...looks like a lava lamp, or electrical current, staff of some sort...never seen anything like it. It'd be pretty gnarly to witness the intro of either of the above troopers in a future film, and as for the notion of other troops getting some screen-time, I'm with you on that one...there're just so many different characters, cultures, factions, etc. to explore...it's incredible the amount of depth to which Star Wars has grown, and I'm hoping that JJ and company further add to that growth with some imaginative incarnations of their own.

Immortiss and Circular Logic like this.
  7. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I love the word gnarly! I'm down with it.:p

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    You bring up some interesting points, epsecially those I bolded.

Since they were genetically engineered and mass trained/brainswashed, complete with super-secret mind control programming (See Order 66 for example) I would say they remained loyalists until the bitter end.

That said, I'd love to see some Storm Trooper pockets holding down some remote base somewhere like the Japanese soldiers who were holding down islands some 50 years after WWII.

Hernalt and darthfettus2015 like this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Whenever we get the tv series bridging the OT and ST, this must be an arc.

10. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Does this look friendly enough for ya?

If the Rebels adopt armor similar to Stormtroopers, I'm sure it'll be something like that since wouldn't you feel comfortable looking at a smiley-faced Stormtrooper rather than a frowny-faced one?

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    how about one of those hello kitty stormtroopers? those always made me feel safe.

12. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    In film canon, the Republic didn't have a standing army until AOTC (or at least for a LONG time before AOTC).

It's possible the new republic will have no standing army at the beginning of the film, but rather localized homegrown militias with peaceful cooperation.

Although it might be interesting if, in Ep 8, we see the new republic have to draw up an army in response to an actual threat (as opposed to the manufactured threat of AOTC). Would be interesting symmetry between films.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I wish we could see the likes of the rebel troopers aboard the Tantive IV.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If the Republic is to have an army in the ST, it would also be powerful symmetry for the Republic to disband its army at the end of IX. It would drive home the feeling that the conflict is truly over.

15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The Republic needs a military. Clearly they can't count on the Jedi and Clones are prone to mind control.

16. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Alderaan had no weapons.

Dra--- likes this.
  17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Are you so sure? ;)

Hernalt, T-R-, Dra--- and 1 other person like this.
  18. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Oh dear, you're really trying to stir the pot now, aren't you? I can hear the debate raging now.

Dra--- and Circular Logic like this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    1000 years say otherwise.

20. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Yes, well, 1000 years of peace is a very specific situation in which it would seem reasonable to have no formal military. This New Republic has no such luxury. They have gained control over a very unstable galaxy reeling from nearly 30 years of turmoil (clone wars + rise of the empire + civil war). It would be absurdly foolish of them, right after fighting so hard to wrestle control from the empire, to not form a military of their own.

rumsmuggler, niel6658 and Dra--- like this.
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It would be a great touch if the Republic has the Senate Guards from TPM. It would symbolize that Palpatine's influence is no longer.

Tommytom and Hernalt like this.
  22. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    The uniforms gave the clone- and later stormtroopers anonymity. The clonetroopers who even looked the same underneath their masks later tended to customize their armor and their hair/faces to give them a degree of identity. The stromtroopers on the other hand relied on their masks for anonymity to take the blame for the terror and cruelty they caused. The visage of the stormtroopers bcame the face of the Empire. All the terror the Empire caused was personified by the cold visage of the stormtrooper helmet. Where the clones tried to distinguish themselves from their brothers, the volunteering recruits of the stromtroopers hid in the masses. I think the evil faction of the ST needs a fullbody armor, as well as living troops. The droid enemies of the prequels did not work for me, mainly due to their comedy aspects. A cold unfeeling droid could certainly instill terror as well (think "Terminator" or that old, bad Sci-Fi flick "Virus").

niel6658 and Iron_lord like this.
  23. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    If I am right the Stormtroopers are clones (right?) just different outfits from the PT timeline. After "jedi" do you think they Rebels got them to work for them again? I mean it seems they will follow orders. Would it be that easy for them to just start following the rebels and helping?

24. SnaggletoothPaste

SnaggletoothPaste Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    NYCC: Star Wars Rebels

25. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001

thanks so much, now this brings up a new question. What happened the clones, there was lots of them. Did the Empire have them all killled at once or did they just get fired.

SnaggletoothPaste likes this.