main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Stormtroopers... Here?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I didnt say it did, but it is a good guess that we will see the new Stormtroopers turn out to be a revived Clone army. Lucas still is in control of the Sequel Trilogy's storyline, he's just not writing the scripts. What Lucas is confirming though some important things, that Jango Clones still exist, use of some other template or simply both are still within the ranks of the Stormtroopers, and the Empire started conscripting regular people to fill the ranks because it was cheaper(no mention of being better quality). If Cloning was still in effect by the OT, which Lucas confirms, then this technology still exists where if the Empire lost most of its ranks that were by the time of ROTJ conscripted and shanghaied recruits then the leaders of the Imperial forces it stands to reason would switch back to the Clone Trooper program which for what wee seen were able bodied and minded professionally trained and well disciplined army and fanatically loyal without fear. We see this by Thrawn activating a Clone Army and uses it to nearly destroy the Rebel Alliance/New Republic. also Lucas's outline is very similar to what we saw and heard in the Battlefront games and TFU you can see leftover transitional Clonetroopers when Vader captures the boy Galen Marek.

I find the old Kenner EU to be interesting with Atha Prime(whom the EU have incorated into then canon in various forms):

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=50966

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But again, Lucas is talking about the transition that has already taken place, from ROTS through the OT. He's not saying anything there about the future of Stormtroopers or a return to cloning. Not saying it can't happen, but if it does it won't be because of anything Lucas has said.

By the way, Lucas is a consultant and his story notes are being used, but he's not technically "in control of the Sequel Trilogy's storyline."

As to the Thrawn, Battlefront, and TFU examples... those are no longer canon. So again, it might happen, but if it does it won't be because of them either.

Dewback likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Obviously, but he is still confirming that Clones are still a part of the Stormtrooper ranks(and not just Jango clones but both other clones as well) so this technology and storyline is not thrown out the window or magically cut off from being a part of the OT(or future)in anyway where it preclude the reintroduction of seeing Clone troopers again. That is where I went with that comment. Of course even stormtrooper speculation could be a ruse designed by the production team and J.J. himself to misguide the fan community as he likes doing that for kicks.

Well Lucas is still responsible for the storyline of the new movies and has certain guidelines( a good guess is if they violate any agreement in the arrangement he can take them to court and get back his former franchise or some kinda entitlements and what not).

http://makingstarwars.net/2013/10/jett-lucas-discusses-star-wars-episode-vii-sequel-trilogy/

http://makingstarwars.net/2013/10/star-wars-episode-vii-new-generation-heroes-jett-lucas-reiterates/

4. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

I hope he didn't spend a huge chunk of that $4 billion that Disney gave him if that's the case. Talk about a huge refund.

5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Interesting discussion was had here on that subject.

Jedi Knight Fett, EHT and Import_Jedi like this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It's absolutely crazy to think George might try and wangle the rights back because they changed his ideas. Crazy. He sold them the rights and the ideas. They no longer belong to him. He is retired. He sold those rights because he was done with SW and ready for other challenges.

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I kinda wonder what those are. Not very many rumors on that front, from what I've seen.

8. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

The sequel to Red Tails? [face_flag]o_O

Or possibly helping Marvel do a reboot of Howard the Duck.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  9. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Disney would hire every lawyer in the western hemisphere to keep their hands on Star Wars. He sold it, there are no agreements to violate other than Mouse-House extents a check... Lucas extends his hand... Diskey places check in Lucas' hand... That's it. He sold it. He has no say in what Disney does with it.

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    He donated all of it to educational charities. Talk about an uncomfortable conversation.

"So hey, you know that $4 billion I gave you? I, uh... I kind of need that back."

Import_Jedi likes this.
  11. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
  12. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I think most of us are still waiting for him to do his art films. See this for all of his neverending promises on that front:

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/...ts-to-retire-and-make-art-films-sure-he-does/

I am really curious to see what he is capable of outside of the realm of commercial cinema. THX-1138 was a tantalising glimpse!

TK327 likes this.
  13. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    Aaaaaand snarky comment along the lines of, "Yeah, well, we all know Lucas changes his story about something every time he has a friendly conversation with his mailman when leaving his house in the morning," in 3...2...1....

14. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Is there a thread on this site to track any news that emerges about Lucas' arthouse projects? I am expecting it would be a very quiet thread but it would be good to ahve one in case anything ever emerges...

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Not that I know of, but the best place to have one would probably be in this forum: http://boards.theforce.net/forums/lucasfilm-ltd-in-depth-discussion.10265/

Echo Base likes this.
  16. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Cheers. Will start one myself.

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    The irony is that that forum is officially for LucasFilm stuff outside of SW. Now that LFL has been sold to Disney, I guess technically a future art-type movie that he makes would not be a LucasFilm movie. Odd.

Echo Base likes this.
  18. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014

Again, not to be too nit picky, but that is not true. None of us are privy to the purchase and sale negotiations and or final contract for purchase. There are many other remedies besides money damages at both at law and equity which can be used in the event one party breaches an agreement, one of which being the Permanent Injunction (prohibiting action).

thejeditraitor likes this.
  19. Warger

Warger Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2014
    I had also imagined, what if Luke or a descendant will don a Darth Vader-like costume or something. I think the next Star Wars isn't just right without that Vader look. Well, just imagine Star Lord from Marvel's Guardians, that seems similar.

20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    since when does anyone owe the public explanations about what they want to do with their life?

21. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014

Why on Earth would Iger sign a contract that enables Lucas to have final say on something as small as plot points. That's precisely why he sold it and literally what Disney owning it now means, Lucas has no say in what's hapenning

Satipo likes this.
  22. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    There is an article where Iger specifically states that Lucas has absolutely no say in what happens going forward. While they may use a lot of what he provided in the treatments, they are always going to do what they consider to be best for business.

23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    DidnĀ“t Lucas hilmself backed JJ and KK with the Arndt departure, just because he accepted he was not the owner now, even he prefered Arndt?

24. King3000

King3000 Jedi Padawan

Aug 17, 2014
    I think this may well be a possibility I know there is one character in Episode VII who uses an original Trilogy Stormtrooper helmet painted all in black.

Lurknomore likes this.
  25. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Can you explain why you know that?