main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Stormtroopers... Here?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Dec 10, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, I never believed something could ever stylistically be better than Stormtrooper armor. Seems it took new Stormtrooper armor to do the job.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so stormtroopers don't seem to carry lightsabers.[face_dancing]

3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    The sleaker design IMHO is supposed to make them look more futuristic. You know, this story does take place 30 years in the future after ROTJ and 50-60 years after the original clones were created in AOTC. They look like the natural progression from that.

4. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Rather than a frown, they have a creepy jack o' lantern smile.
    [​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  6. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Behold your new Empire!

[​IMG]

Please note, it no longer flies under the old flag.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    OMG,Flametrooper and Snowtrooper

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

snikttrooper and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  8. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    New Flag, New Name. Now I believe the First Order has risen from the ashes of the old Galactic Empire. And I like the new Trooper outfits.

9. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I love the new design but First Order? And Resistance? If they're keeping the same factions then why did they ditch the names for a synonym and what sounds like a movement within a government?

10. snikttrooper

snikttrooper Jedi Master star 1

Mar 15, 2014
    I really adore the new trooper designs (Snow, Storm, and Flame). They feel modern but also hearken back to the designs in the original trilogy.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  11. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    I like the new name, sounds knightly. It seems to imply that they have given any pretense of being a government and only exist as military force. If true that might make them nastier than the Empire, although weaker overall.
    Either way the uniforms are really cool. Flametrooper is the best I think.

12. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Makes sense if the Empire did fall into a complete collapse, after all it was the 'New Order'. The whole Galaxy descends into anarchy and war, after a while a group of old Imperials pull together to 'Restore the First Order', and then they just shortened it to the 'First Order'.

Basically an attempt to restore the Empire, venerates the Empire, and so forth.

The Resistance is the movement to fight them, probably composed of the same groups that formed the Rebel Alliance... named the Resistance due to Alliance to Restore the Republic becoming a failure after Endor. They brought the Empire down but couldn't restore the Galactic Republic.

13. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Agreed, First Order is something die-hard loyalists of Palpatine's New Order would name their faction. Die-hard loyalists like COMPNOR? [face_whistling]

14. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012

We've got the ISB from Rebels... I'm just waiting for COMPNOR and COMPFORCE to show up as well.

15. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

COMPNOR already showed up in Tarkin. Along with Armand Isard.

16. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Those incendiary stormtroopers and the new snowtroopers are a little too bland. Say what you want about the prequels, but just about any of the helmet designs from the Clone Wars are cooler than these.

17. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    The more I look at it the more I see the them crying black tears..:p

18. ArchStanton1862

Oct 18, 2014
    First Order's not bad as a name for an order or sub-group, but it's a terrible title for the whole organization. Order is too theoretical a concept to really belong alongside groups like the Seperatists, the Rebels, the Republic, or the Empire. It's an abstract idea rather than a practical one. It's like calling a group the System. It's so vague as to have no meaning. The only real exception to that is the priestly orders and their related military units. Sort of what they based the Jedi Order off of, although even there they usually drop the word order entirely as unnecessary. But again, that's a much narrower and more limited group than an Empire. I'm hoping the First Order is just some kind of elite force inside a larger unit (still possible since these guys seem to be Kylo's personal army).

Similarly I think I could accept Resistance if it's some sort of local or militia group. Even if you can't establish your grand Galactic Republic you need a name that suggests some kind of legitimacy. What possible reason could there be to change it to a word that means the same thing? Particularly when the original word was so much cooler.

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I love the helmet.:D[face_love]
    [​IMG]
    any thoughts???

20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    2fast2furious: TIE fighter drift. ;)

syferdiasisalie and starocean90 like this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I got my wish from yesterday we've seen all the costumes of the Imperials.[face_devil]

22. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Pretty close. I think I spotted some Death Star engineer-esque figures in that "triumph of the empire" shot. So there may yet be more costumes to see. :D

starocean90 likes this.
  23. ArchStanton1862

Oct 18, 2014
    Flamboyantly asymmetrical seems to be the order of the day for the ST. As in everything is entirely symmetrical except for one really dominant exception that really stands out. It's quite noticeable compared to the generally symmetrical designs from the OT and PT. Even shows like Rebels give Kanan that guard on his right shoulder. It works so far but I find it rather odd.

syferdiasisalie and starocean90 like this.
  24. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012

Guess it makes swapping air supplies easier or something. Wonder why the red markings, maybe a 181st reference?

25. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I wonder if those are marking are just reflection off the display.

starocean90 likes this.