main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Stormtroopers in Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by cerealbox, Aug 3, 2016.

1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    This thread is hereby dedicated to not just the guys in white, stormtroopers, but any new kind of trooper you think we'll see in Episode VIII or IX.

This thread is mod approved and certified for your pleasure.

So how about it?
    For those keeping up on Rogue One news, then you know they're introducing new variants of troopers that I won't spoil in this thread. Do you think any new types of troopers will be introduced in Episode VIII?

Do you think the filmmakers will continue with just Stormtroopers, flame troopers, snow troopers and pilots?

2. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    TR-8R Elites, now with double stun baton twirling. :nttrooper:

Tan-Wessel and WookieeRage like this.
  3. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Can you imagine a battalion of riot control stormtroopers laying siege to the resistance base.

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Can't wait for the return of ...
    [​IMG]

5. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Ugghhh

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I like in the Empire Strikes Back we don't see a single Stormtrooper until Cloud City when Darth Vader surprises Han and Leia at dinner. It makes that moment so much better when the Stormtroopers block the exit to the room.

We see Snowtroopers earlier and AT-AT drivers, but I don't think we even see a regular Stormtrooper even standing on guard in the background on the Star Destroyer.

7. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013

Those guys must be confused with the Post Hole-Digging Troopers all the time.

(and vice-versa)

8. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Spare a thought for the Lacrossetroopers

[​IMG]

9. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    OT: I wonder if that's the first NCAA Division II appearance in the history of these boards? Probably not.

10. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    if tr-8r returns i'll get up and leave the theater.

11. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Why? he's amazing..

Blueandwhite likes this.
  12. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    he's also the worst meme ever. and dead.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  13. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    C'mon, if that wuss Kylo Ren can take a hit from it and keep fighting, then a stormtrooper is certainly capable of surviving it, especially with that sweet plastic armor they wear.

14. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I want to see some Scuba Troopers at some point.

[​IMG]

15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'd love it if we saw a stormtrooper blast a bunch of Resistance fighters, only to remove the helmet at some point to reveal long blonde hair like my avatar. Badass females FTW.

afrojedi likes this.
  16. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    We might actually see Phasma do that in Episode VIII (no long hair though)

themoth likes this.
  17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm hoping Phasma gets a better role this time for sure.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I could see a bigger role for Phasma in VIII. Also, we know from TFA that the FO has women in the stormtrooper ranks... but it would be against the rules for them to remove their helmet like that while on duty. :p

afrojedi likes this.
  19. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013

I figured out a way it could work though:

------

EXT. MCC ORCA -- NIGHT

The light-gray Mon Calimari SUPER-CRUISER and sole command ship of the Resistance--which has just been BOARDED AND SEIZED by First Order forces--is surrounded by a CHAOTIC CLOUD composed of the gently drifting and SMOLDERING WRECKAGE of (what were moments ago) the MCCs CUTTLEFISH and TITANIC.

INT. MCC ORCA -- CURVILINEAR WHITE HALLWAY -- NIGHT

Four STORMTROOPERS are accompanying CAPTAIN PHASMA toward a 'T' in a wide hallway of the command ship. The troopers split off to the left and Phasma takes the right turn. In the near foreground, ADMIRAL ACKBAR'S bulbous orange head suddenly pops out from behind an outcropping of the wall and he tiptoes down the right passage. He's nervous as he sees PHASMA heading down the hall 50-yards away from him.

ADM. ACKBAR
    Genevieve!

Captain Phasma STOPS IN HER TRACKS and pauses. Suddenly, she SPINS AROUND, lobbing a RAPID FLURRY of FIERY BOLTS from her badass custom carbine blaster and just ABSOLUTELY BLOWS THE LIVING **** OUT OF the elderly Mon Calimari 5-Star Admiral. SMOKING bits of tentacle SIZZLE THROUGH THE AIR in all directions, some of which randomly SUCTION THEMSELVES to the once pristine walls. We hear A SWELL OF OMINOUS AND MOURNFUL ORCHESTRAL STRINGS as the shimmering Captain Phasma carefully approaches what remains of the ALL-BUT-DEAD Resistance leader--a gasping, orange and black NIGHTMARE-WITH-A-HEAD that closely resembles A BRAUTWURST THAT HAS BEEN LEFT ON THE GRILL TOO LONG.

ADM. ACKBAR
    Please...take off...(GASP)...that shy...(GURGLE)...nee mask...

Phasma remains MOTIONLESS.

ADM. ACKBAR
    I want...(GASP)...to see your...face be...(GASP)...fore I...join my ancestors...in the divinely...(GURGLE)...stocked...lake toward which I've...(GASP)...been tossed...in this strict...lee enforced...catch...(GASP)...and re...lease regulay...(GASP)...shunned stay...tuh park we...(GURGLE)...call life...(GASP GURGLE GUR-GASP)...genevieeeeve...

After CONTINUING TO STARE at Ackbar for several moments, she carefully TAKES OFF HER HELMET. Her blonde hair is sweaty and gross and she probably smells. Ackbar lets out a final, pathetic GASP. He's dead. Captain Phasma sports a look of confusion.

CAPN. PHASMA
    (quietly / to herself)
    Jim who?

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  20. Cheko2015

Cheko2015 Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2016
    Or do you think what we see in VII is gonna be the same guys we see running around in IX? Looking at the OT, the same storm trooper design was used throughout the whole thing. Although we did get to see new types of troopers with each new film (Snowtroopers in V and Scout Troopers in VI). In addition to new 1st Order Storm Troopers in VII, we have also seen revised 1st Order Snow Troopers alongside new Flame Troopers. I am sure we will see new types of 1st Order troopers in VIII and IX, that's a given. Hopefully we will see 1st Order Scout Troopers...​

But could we see a whole new redesign of the 1st Order Stormtroopers themselves? Looking at the Clone Troopers in the PT, we saw them get a redesign to help bridge the gap between Jango/Boba inspired Episode II Clone Troopers (Phase I Clone Troopers) and the OT Stormtroopers. The result was the Phase II Clone Troopers as seen in Episode III which is one of my fav designs. So could we see the 1st Order updating the storm trooper design once again? What do you guys think?

I personally don't think we will see a brand new redesign. I think we will just get new types and 1st Order versions of older types like the Scout Trooper or maybe these new "Dark Troopers" off of Rogue One. It seems like the ST is really clutching to the OT for inspiration and after all, it had the same Storm Trooper design the whole time.

And also the PT's Phase II Clone Troopers seemed more situational with their status as prequels. You can tell they were trying to show the "missing link" between the Clone Troopers and OT Storm Troopers. With all that being said, I'm totally open to another redesign.

P.S. After lurking here for months and months, I finally decided to make an account and this is my first post. So look forward to meshing with the rest of the Star Wars community here.

21. Cheko2015

Cheko2015 Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2016
    Ignore this post, it was on an accident. Brand new to forums and I can't find a delete button for it less I would just get rid of it myself.

22. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    In before the lock.

Who knows if we'll see an evolution. I actually like Rogue One's take so far on stormtrooper variations.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge

Instead of locking the newer thread (despite the poster request), I'm merging it here because it is a valid discussion.

24. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
  25. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Actual Navy seal type troopers would be awesome.

Something more than the beach scene in Rogue One.