main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers---It's Official

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, first off, I went through the index and the thread I wanted to post in was locked.

LucasArts has made it **** Changing of the Guard[/u], LucasArts---which is in all reality GL himself---said that after the said mission above, the Emperor decided that keeping all identicial (sp?) clones that could be corrupted down the road was dangerous. So, from that point on (twenty years after the Clones were created---it's right before the Death Star Prision Break mission), all Stormtroopers would be clones from different templates. This explains height differences in the OT between Stormtroopers and the right and left hand differences. It also explains their voice changes from the PT to the OT. The game also announced that the Imperial 501st---Vader's Fist---would remain "uncorrupted" and would remain the identicial clones of Jango Fett. However, this one slip up leaves open the debate about their own height differences which could probably be based on replacing troops down the road in the 501st Division with losses and such.

In any event, however, it is official. LucusArts has said that all Imperial Stormtroopers are clones. YES! :D

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    However, this one slip up leaves open the debate about their own height differences which could probably be based on replacing troops down the road in the 501st Division with losses and such.

Or we could just pretend that it doesn't need explaining since it's really a bunch of non-clones acting the part.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Downloading the helpfiles for me, why is it estatic to know movie-era stormtroops are clone and not conscripts/volunteers?

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Not so much.

Its already official that there are recruits in the Stormtrooper corps, with about a 60/40 or 70/30 ratio. Some units may have more clones than other, however.

5. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Sort of ontopic, it's always amazed me that apparently no one in-universe seemed to give a moment's thought toward the ethical ramifications of creating people for the sole purpose of sending them off to die (of course, I could be mistaken).

I have no problem with the Empire doing that, but the Republic?

6. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I consider droids living citizens. They all do it each time. The next Coruscant Great Droid Revolution better have results.

7. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Or HK-47's recent Mustafar Droid Revolution...

[face_mischief]

8. Thanos6

Apr 20, 1999
    There was one good SW/ST crossover I read where Data had a chat with Threepio and was amazed that droids had no rights.

9. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I balance on the precarious fence of taking that seriously :confused: or glitteryled. Hunter-Killer 47, 4k years old?

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Sort of ontopic, it's always amazed me that apparently no one in-universe seemed to give a moment's thought toward the ethical ramifications of creating people for the sole purpose of sending them off to die (of course, I could be mistaken).

Well a certain hatted Whiphid said it was an abomination.

Everyone else...well it's the Empire.

11. Thanos6

Apr 20, 1999
    Not to mention the Jedi...*beats Yoda over the head with his gimer stick*

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That is just about the most incorrect statement ever to be incorrect and a statement at the same time.

13. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Disassemble 'em both, I say.[face_mischief]

14. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Daniels must have met him pre-Nemesis, before Data died.

15. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    how do we tie in conscripts with the clone thing?

may i point out the GeNodes--new model clones whom didn't know they were clones?

as for Decipher giving stormies homeworlds, might these be the homeworlds of their templates?

16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    What is the exact quote? We already knew that the clone elements of the Stormtrooper Corps were diversified from just the Jango Model.

17. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Okay, let's set the record straight, people. Lucasarts is made up of people who work for Lucas. Their statements are not also consistent with Lucas' statements, and he's the big boss when it comes to Star Wars. What does Lucas himself have to say about the connection between stormtroopers and clonetroopers? Here's something from an article that was on ign.com some months ago:

"One bit of conjecture Lucas finally laid to rest was the question of how close the link between clone troopers and stormtroopers was. He told MTV in an interview that the Empire's stormtroopers in the original series were in fact more of the same clones that form the Republican army in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith ? though by the time of A New Hope, stormtrooper ranks had swelled to include regular recruits as well.

"The idea is that over time, there were new clone strains introduced, and then they even conscripted guys to be Storm Troopers. So it's not just purely clones: It started out as clones, but then it got diluted over the years as they found out they could shanghai guys [more cheaply] than they could build clones."

That is from George Lucas himself. Case closed... Until he changes his mind and says something different.;)

18. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    That is from George Lucas himself. Case closed...

And there was much rejoicing.

19. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    I am rejoicing for the GL statement to MTV.

Also, I like the decipher character bios.

20. Imperial_Commandant

Imperial_Commandant Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    As to the Battlefront II stuff. The 501st was to remain pure as of the insurrection on Kamino. Nearly 2/3 of the original 501st were lost in the Death Star's destruction. One would presume they would need to be supplanted by new templates (possibly the new GeNode clones).

21. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>I balance on the precarious fence of taking that seriously or glitteryled. Hunter-Killer 47, 4k years old? <<<

Well, from what I understand, some Old Republic ship crashed on Mustafar with HK on it, and he had his mind scrambled a bit, so his new mission is to "destroy all meatbags" or something like that. And now he's creating his own droid army using old Seppie equipment.

The Galaxies: Trials of Obi-Wan site has some video clips of him in action.

Just think of the possibilities this has opened up: HK-47 vs. IG-88 vs. I-5YQ vs. Skippy the Jedi Droid. :p

22. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    My creds are on IG-88. Assuming TBH is canon.
    Then my money's on Skippy. :p

23. TheOneX

TheOneX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    I got to go with HK-47 there he would destroy a whole city of meatbags by himself if he was told to.

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    And IG doesn't even have knees. HK ownz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.