main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers, Scout Troopers, SnowTroopers, and so on.,...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by honnziva, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honnziva

honnziva Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2004
    Big Question for me here... I was under the assumption all of the above stated were all clones... maybe im wrong about this... but that was my belief that throughout at least the original trilogy the army of troopers were clones....
    afterwards, or EU they were not...

But ... if they were clones, why go through the trouble having Temura Morrison dub Boba Fett's lines, but leave the storm troopers voice and especially the scout troopers voice the same as they were in the OTC ... if lucas was looking for consistency in story line and what not... would this not have made sense??? please let me know... any thoughts on this..

TLJ Edit: The other Stormies/Clones thread isn't that much farther down

2. STRIKE

STRIKE Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2004
    Not ALL of them were clones, simple.

3. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    One thing, if all the troopers have the same voice you can't tell when they are talking to each other. Like the two on the bridge at the Death Star.
    Also, maybe all troopers are not clones. Some of the ones in higher ranks could be skilled men. There is the Academy, a school for the Imperial Army And you have to start at the bottom, once you join the Empire.

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Possibly because of the use of different cloning templates, different environmental effects on the voices over time (climate, yelling, etc) different helmet speakers making voices sound slightly different, all manner of variables.

Lucas has said a few times they're all clones, I don't think the slightly different voices are that big a problem.

5. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Well Lucas is wrong, there not all clones. If you've read any of the comic books you'll know that the Empire does recuit humans to be not only officers but stormtroopers as well.

6. MILK-HANDS

MILK-HANDS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Well Lucas is wrong, there not all clones. If you've read any of the comic books you'll know that the Empire does recuit humans to be not only officers but stormtroopers as well

That's right. The creator of the GFFA is wrong, not a bunch of EU authors. :rolleyes:

7. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey George Lucas is the one who approved the comic in the first place.

8. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Well Lucas is wrong, there not all clones. If you've read any of the comic books you'll know that the Empire does recuit humans to be not only officers but stormtroopers as well.

Who made Star Wars, George Lucas or the EU authors?

Movies are canon, not the comics.

(Though I did like the idea of the stormtroopers being ordinary humans)

9. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    D'oh, you just replied.

10. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    And one more thing what about the fighting 5O1st? Are they clones or are they human? If you read Survivors Quest they are clones but what about the thousands of fans around the world that don the armor? The 5O1st first started out as a fan group before it was introduced as a real group in the novels.

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well Lucas is wrong,

Film forum, the lit forum is elsewhere, go croon about how Luca$ is wrong and the EU gods rule there. We ain't interested.

12. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey I'm not trying to affend anyone. GL is my master. It's just that if he says all troopers are clones then why did he approve the expanded universe comics that tell a different side of the story.

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    You do know that Lucas doesn't read any of it don't you?
    Besides, this is the film forum, sure the EU can be brought up as specualtion or a possible answer to a question as to what happens off screen in the context of the films, but running in here and saying Lucas is wrong about the universe he created is going to get you flamed to cinders.

If you want to discuss the books, I suggest you go here. Now you don't have to only be into the films to post in this forum of course, but please respect others who are fans of the films alone, and don't try and tell us that Lucas has got it wrong when it comes to his own creation.

14. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Then does Chew really have a son, a ugly wife and a old prev for a grandpa? is the Hoilday Special canon?

15. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    No problem. In fact the stormtroopers are my favorite reasons I love the movies.

16. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Then does Chew really have a son, a ugly wife and a old prev for a grandpa? is the Hoilday Special canon?

Actually, I'm pretty sure those characters are in the EU, as for canon, didn't Lucas say he wanted to personallyburn all copies of that special?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.