main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Stormtroopers, Shoretroopers, Death Troopers, and Hovertank Pilots (Tank Troopers) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by MotherNature's SilverSeed, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    These guys. They look similar to the Hover-Tank pilots. There's a better look at the helmets in the Visual Guide.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and vncredleader like this.
  2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Snax Rebo

Oh okay... Thanks! Do we see who pilots the AT-ST seen on Jedha? I can't recall...

3. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    No, but the pilot above drives the AT-ACT on Scarif and we see the backs of their helmets in one shot of the cockpit.

whostheBossk and Avnar like this.
  4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That's more or less my point, is that there won't be many of them. Which would make it even more possible for the short one to stand out.

I guess TCF-1138 is right, it would still be cool looking either way. We'll see, I'm really mulling over possibly buying the Anovos Helmet.

5. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    Just think of how many times you could hear, "Aren't you a little short for a Death Trooper?"

Sarge likes this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Exactly.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I wouldn't worry about it. You'd look badass, and most people probably won't even remember that the death troopers were taller than regular stormtroopers anyway. :)

8. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's true. I might just start off getting the helmet and see how it goes from there.

EHT and Sarge like this.
  9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it doesn't matter how tall you are. do what you want.

EHT likes this.
  10. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I know. I'm not trying to seem really self conscious or anything. It's just funny to me when I think about it.

11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Goddamn I am obsessed with the Death Troopers.

Does anyone know who the actors are who played them? What their rehearsal process was like? Where could I find that information? They move and operate in such a distinct fashion I have to think that the people portraying them were taught how to do so. And given that there were only so few of them in the movie, there had to be an audition process to find the right people.

12. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    IMDB lists one, George Vere as an uncredited Death Trooper.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8144952/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t116

13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Join the crew! The best design since the OT Sandtroopers and the Emperors Royal Guards! How many did you count during the film? I got 8. Although I am positive this is a mistake left over from the re-shoots. I think there was only supposed to be 6 but when they changed the end and Krennic took two with him to confront Cassian and Jyn this was altered...

Thoughts?

14. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, just got back from my 11th viewing, and with your question in mind I came away with 8 Death Troopers. I base that answer off of what we see during the Battle of Scarif, where simultaneously 2 accompany Krennic as he goes to confront Cassian and Jyn, and then I counted another 6 who were deployed on the ground. So at a minimum there are 8. I imagine the reason we only see 6 during the first scene when Krennic confronts Galen is that 2 more were left to man the ship.

So perhaps as an explanation as to why they do not appear in the OT is that they all died along with Krennic during the Battle of Scarif and the concept of a Death Trooper was simply never resurrected by the Empire. Maybe the concept was drawn up by Krennic himself, and along with him dying, so did many of his ideas.

Sarge likes this.
  15. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    MotivateR5D4, the Deathtroopers are appearing on Rebels too. They accompany Grand Admiral Thrawn, as seen in this trailer. (skip to 0:51)

Merrick Simms and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Honestly, I am not as caught up with Rebels as I probably should be. I really didn't pay much attention to it when it first came out, and at this point just haven't found the time yet to binge-watch it. But with the Death Troopers in mind I might do that pretty soon. I do own seasons 1 & 2, so I guess I'll also have to find a way to watch season 3 episodes.

Snax Rebo likes this.
  17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I just hope Rebels doesn't screw up the death troopers... they haven't done regular stormtroopers many favors. If they just stand around or walk around with their blasters, that's fine, but if the show tries to incorporate more action with them they'll probably make them look like slightly less incompetent versions of stormtroopers. I also hope they don't go against the cool scrambled speech thing from RO and have them understandable for viewers. I'm still annoyed that TCW had Bossk speaking Basic. :p

Speaking of the scrambled speech... some of us posted some official info about the new troopers from the Visual Dictionary in here before, but I don't know if this was mentioned. Apparently the Art of Rogue One book confirms that the death troopers' speech is indeed scrambled so that nobody else can understand them, and that each wearer's helmet unscrambles it for them. This was suspected by many as the most likely explanation, but it's cool to hear that it's apparently confirmed there.

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm OK with Bossk speaking basic, since we never heard him speak before. But they had Greedo speaking basic in TCW. That annoys me way more than what is probably healthy :p

Sarge likes this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

0:17. Presumably a threat in his native language. ;)

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, either that, or he has a cold :p

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Either way, he's talking. :p

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Just because he chose to mutter threats in Bosskian then doesn't necessarily mean he can't speak Basic.

vncredleader and TCF-1138 like this.
  23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012

[​IMG]

Sarge and TCF-1138 like this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Hey, where did you find my picture?

What is not well known is, Bossk's threats were totally lame. We're talking the level of "Oh yeah? So there!" and "I'm gonna git you sucka!" He used to say those things in Basic, until one day a partner told him, "Bossk, buddy, please, no more of those lame-o threats, you're embarrassing us! If you have to say something, say it in Bosskian." He did, and it sounds way scarier when you don't know what he means. True fact.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm glad you picked up on that.