main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Stormtroopers

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Huggybuddy Seth, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Huggybuddy Seth

Huggybuddy Seth Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2014
    Why do the movies make stormtroopers mostly innaccurate. Also, i dont understand how the clones were so good, and then they make the stormtroopers average because stormtroopers are te Empire's best infantry.

2. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Remember that all of the clones were made by using Jango Fett's blood as the template. When he died, it is only natural that they would eventually run out of the source. Moreover, it is an expensive and time-lengthy process.

In Battlefront II (if this is canon), the Emperor ordered the 501st to end production of clones on Kamino because some were rebelling. After that, they recruited people (mostly humans) to be stormtroopers

3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Most of the stormtroopers being inaccurate results from ANH, I think... and when the Falcon leaves the Death Star, we learn that Imperial agents are tracking it. "They let us go," Leia says. "It's the only explanation for the ease of our escape." This may apply during the Death Star foot chase as well.

ROTJ also has some inaccurate stormies, but they do manage to get some hits in too, such as when they hit Leia. So I think this aspect might be a little overstated.

4. enigmaticjedi

Nov 2, 2011
    Importantly, most of the time, they're firing at protagonists. When they fight against regular Rebels -- Leia's ship, Hoth, etc. -- they almost always win.

5. Thom Skywalker

Thom Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 1, 2014

A clone is a perfect copy, so any clone becomes the source...

You could argue the clones were modified, so the blood was different.
    Well, the modified clones are the perfect source for making other modified clones....
    Easier then using Jango's blood again, which would force them to modify it again.

Anyway, the Kaminoans are advanced enough to register the DNA code, so they could produce a blood which was equivalent to Jango's.
    And, of course, they could produce unmodified clones for blood gathering only...

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. enigmaticjedi

Nov 2, 2011
    Well, it appears I stand corrected then. Great reply!

Thom Skywalker likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, cloning clones tends to lead to deterioration.

8. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Well that is the answer in a nutshell. The clones were MODIFIED and gave them an advantage over most regular soldiers. But it is also the protagonist not getting hit by enemy blasters as well. So stormies do get a bad wrap for reasons beyond their control.

9. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Haven't you ever seen Multiplicity? :p

10. Thom Skywalker

Dec 1, 2014
    The movie?

No, I haven't.... Why??

11. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    As someone who owns a movie quality stormtrooper costume I'm here to tell you that it's amazing that they shoot as accurately as they do! Walking in a straight line without falling over is a fair challenge.

12. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC305328/
    Worth a thought that Jango's clones may no longer be a viable option, due to this. Although if cloners exist in the SW universe, would genetic modifier and assemblers? If the understanding of genetics is at such a level they could in fact create a life from the features and attributes they desired from multiple sources (Jurassic park / Alien resurrection/Gattaca added together).

13. Thom Skywalker

Dec 1, 2014
    I suppose the Kaminoans would inject telomeres on their products, right?

I like so much how far can we go when discussing Star Wars! :-B

14. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    It would be pretty bad if the hero's were all killed by skilled stormtroopers, certainly end the movie quick. I never really minded how bad shots they are as it gave the films some weird charm IMO.

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yep. The Stormtroopers cannot hit the main cast, save for wounding Leia in ROTJ. The rest of the time, they only hit Rebel Troops, aka extras.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  16. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Michael Keaton has clones of himself, and one of the clones goes and clones himself. The clone of the clone is pretty wacky, which they liken to making a recorded audio cassette copy of a recorded audio cassette copy... you use some of the sharpness with subsequent copies.

timmoishere likes this.
  17. Thom Skywalker

Dec 1, 2014
    I have to see it now!!! hahaah

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    by the "rebels" times they didn't need super soldiers and palps doesn't want ANYONE skilled enough to help start a rebellion or another war. he needs numbers instead of skill. he makes regular people enlist en masse. as shown in "tcw", clones do have a will of their own even though they can be controlled via order 66. some do rebel. this is too dangerous for palps so he slowly phases out the clones who aren't already dead.

seeing as palps created the clone army AND the droid army to destroy each other and the elite clones to protect him during the transition, the clones use is at an end. it's also much cheaper to enlist soldiers instead of create them.

19. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    In my opinion, Stormtroopers were nothing but badass in ANH, a little iffy in ESB, and ROTJ sealed their infamy.

I'm curious to see what the final word on Clones is from Lucasfilm. Lucas envisioned them as all clones (and it's possible that he always did), the [old] EU saw them as all humans, and then gradually combined the two after the PT by having them be a mix of Clones and recruits. Though I'd also point out we're given no reasons in the movies to believe that they shut down the cloning facilities.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The current word in the interviews is that the clones were retired and turned into workers instead of soldiers. And that Palpatine decided recruits were better suited to the role.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  21. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I always (always, meaning since learning of clones with Attack of the Clones) figured the Empire's stormtroopers consisted of conscripts. Not only would military service be required, but encouraged to make proud and loyal citizens.
    That line seems to refer to the Death Star's command as a whole. They let the Falcon go by not dispatching more TIE Fighters to intercept it.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Not to mention that the Stormtroopers are no longer the Empire's 'best troops'.