main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Stormy Blue (a birthday gift for Nienna)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kestrel_Kenobi, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Title: Stormy Blue
    Author: Kestrel_Kenobi
    Timeframe: Sometime before TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon.
    Notes: A (belated) birthday fic for Nienna_Narmolanya my wonderful beta and kind friend who always makes me smile ...this bit of silliness is for you! [:D]

With thanks to obi_webb who kindly checked over this piece for me! :D

Obi-Wan sighed as he placed both hands on the windowsill and gazed down at the market place below. His braid fell over his shoulder and he pushed it away unusually irritated by it?s presence and what it represented.

?Obi-Wan,? a calm voice spoke from just behind him and Obi-Wan turned to face his Master.

Qui-Gon looked down into his Padawan?s eyes and saw the boredom barely concealed beneath the surface.

?I realise that this isn?t one of our more exciting missions Obi-Wan, but we are here to help.?

Obi-Wan nodded and subconsciously ran his hand through his hair.

?Yes, Master,? he replied, glancing wistfully over his shoulder at the bustling streets.

Qui-Gon placed a hand on the boy?s shoulder and gave it a quick squeeze before settling down on a nearby chair and busying himself with some reading material.

Obi-Wan turned back to the window and was soon lost in thought.

A knock at the door made him jump and he turned eagerly to Qui-Gon.

?Let me,? he spoke quickly and was at the door before the older Jedi had even moved from his seat.

Obi-Wan opened the door to two girls each holding a tray ladened with refreshments, both blushed when they saw Obi-Wan and gave each other a nudge.

?Lunch?? One of the girls asked quietly, holding the tray up in front of her.

?Yes, please...come in.?

Obi-Wan was oblivious to the effect he appeared to be having on the two girls and stood back so they could both walk by and set the table.

Both girls seemed to be having trouble and kept dropping things and sneaking glances at Obi-Wan and then trying to stifle giggles. Obi-Wan?s eyes were firmly fixed on the food and nothing else. Qui-Gon sat back and watched the little charade with concealed amusement.

At last the two girls finished and hurriedly left the room, exploding into a fit of giggles as soon as Obi-Wan shut the door behind them.

Qui-Gon moved to sit by his Padawan who was already tucking in to the sweet breads and fruit provided by their hosts.

?Hungry, Padawan?? Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow at Obi-Wan who immediately blushed and began to eat at a far healthier pace.

?Those two girls seemed rather taken with you?? Qui-Gon couldn?t resist sneaking a glance at Obi-Wan as he poured out some tea for them both.

Obi-Wan swallowed and looked up.

?They did?? he asked looking horrified at the thought. ?I didn?t even...I don?t...?

He paused as Qui-Gon started to chuckle.

?Humph,? Obi-Wan sat back in his chair looking suspiciously at his Master. ?You?re teasing me.?

?On the contrary...it appears that you are quite popular here on Una.?

Qui-Gon stood and returned to the chair where he has been sitting reading. Rifling through the papers he found what he was looking for and brought it over to where Obi-Wan was sitting.

?Here you are,? he chuckled again. ?Perhaps you should pay more attention to the reading material we have been given.?

Obi-Wan looked at the magazine curiously, and then started to blush furiously.

?But...I...what...who...what?? he spluttered.

?Mmmm,? Qui-Gon replied munching on some fruit. ?I believe I had a similar first reaction.?

There on the front cover of Una Girl monthly was a photograph of Obi-Wan, dressed in all his Jedi finery. Bright blue writing was splashed across the picture - The Ultimate Padawan: The truth behind those stormy blue eyes.

Obi-Wan groaned and pushed his plate away as his appetite suddenly left him.
    He looked up at his Master who was obviously enjoying every second of his apprentices agony.

?What am I going to do?? a bright red Obi-Wan asked.

Qui-Gon paused as he lifted his tea cup from its saucer.

2. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    [face_laugh] Poor Obi-Wan. How embarassing, how embarassing!

Nice work. :D

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    *Giggle* Indeed!

4. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    you know how much i love this kes!:cool: great stuff! i especially like how obi didn't even notice the girls fawning over him:p
    =D=

and happy late birthday Nienna_Narmolanya!

5. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    [face_laugh] Oh Kes! that was great fun!

I can just imagine the look on Obi-Wan's face when he first sees that magazine!

=D=

jcs

6. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    [face_laugh] Oh kes, obi's reaction was just priceless!
    Great little piece- loved it!

7. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005

?They did?? he asked looking horrified at the thought. ?I didn?t even...I don?t...?

He paused as Qui-Gon started to chuckle.

Typical oblivious Obi-wan....and we wonder why he didnt see Anakin/Padme coming..:oops:

Obi-Wan sighed and buried his face in his hands.

?I?m doomed,? he murmured, trying to shut out Qui-Gon?s obvious mirth.

[face_laugh] I dont know why, but this is particularly funny. Poor guy...though it does remind me of that trashy article in..Goblet of Fire, where Rita totally makes Harry look like this wannabe hearthrob....

I love Qui-gon's obvious enjoyment. It seems very like him, amused but not loud or boistrous....

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    The Ultimate Padawan: The truth behind those stormy blue eyes.

=P~ =P~ =P~

Oh, poor Obi!

I'm sure Qui kept the magazine just between the two of them ;) ;)

Very cute story and nice pic of Obi

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    :D :D :D

Awww! Thank you, Kes! [:D] [:D] What a delightful little story! I loved it!

Bright blue writing was splashed across the picture - The Ultimate Padawan: The truth behind those stormy blue eyes.

[face_batting] You wouldn't happen to have a copy of this article to go with that lovely picture, now would you? I'm interested in reading it... [face_whistling]

?I?d recommend reading the article,? he replied, a twinkle in his eyes. ?It?s very informative.?

[face_laugh] Perfect! Kes, I can't thank you enough for this awesome birthday present!

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

=D= [face_laugh] [face_blush]

Cute just like Obi-wan=P~

11. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Princess_Arulmozhi - :D Thank you!

DarthIshtar - ;) thanks.

Obi -[:D] thank you and thanks for your help with this lil piece!

jaina_clan_solo - :D Thanks so much - I'm glad you liked it!

stella - [:D] thanks m'dear!

Lady_Snow_Kaguya- aw, thanks so much for your lovely review! Happy you enjoyed it..and I loved you comparing to HP! [face_blush] :D

Kelia - Thank you!

Gkilkenny - lol, thanks!

and Nienna[:D] I'm so happy you enjoyed this little fic :D ...thank you so much for being the most awesome beta and friend!

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable. Loved the article and Qui-Gon wanting to know what was behind those stormy blue eyes. I'd be giggling too. Plus Obi-Wan's embarrassment just made it funnier.

Great job.

13. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    whoops - missed you there diane! Thanks for your comments and for reading! :D

14. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh my, too funny. *grins* And I loved Qui-Gon's question about his eyes. Qui really does enjoy embarrassing his Padawan in this, doesn't he? Lovely fic. *grins*

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just found this. What a tremendous delight!! How cute that Obi-Wan wound't even notice and the his master would tease him.

My fave master/padawan team at their best! [face_love] [face_love]

16. nickenobi-nz

nickenobi-nz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    LOL!:D [face_laugh] Poor Obi-Wan...but he does make a cute cover boy!

17. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Alethia - *giggles* thank you...glad you enjoyed it!

Leona - My fave master/padawan team at their best! ...aw thanks [face_blush]...Happy you thought so!

nickenobi-nz - lol...yes he does! =P~ ;) Thanks for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.