main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Stormy Weather, a story for the J/Z wedding challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Bubbles, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Hi, this is for the J/Z wedding challenge. The qualifications are below.

Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars or that little blurb from The Lion King ? which is another thing I don?t own. Unless the VHS version counts; then I do own it.

Zekk and Jaina are getting married

Your challenge entry must include the following:
    - The reconciliation
    - The proposal
    - The wedding

----------

Stormy Weather

It happened two years ago. He considered it one of the luckiest days of his life. He was stranded on Mon Calamari; a storm was brewing. The power had been short-circuited in a public hangar. She had been there, helping to steer people out of the building. They found each other at the same time. While she pointed people in the right direction, he listened to her indignant complaints about being reduced to a living traffic sign.

She was off at 2100; he was stranded until the weather cleared. To him, it was an opportune moment to reacquaint himself with his friend, if she allowed him to. Needless to say, she did. They went back to her apartment for a cup of caf, becoming soaked to the bone in the process. It was a peaceful night, spent talking about what they had been doing since the war ended. With an unspoken agreement, both avoided the topic of why they had to catch up with each other in the four years succeeding the war.

At 0100, he left her apartment to stay in the inn near the hangar his ship was based. They left with a promise to meet the following day at a nearby café she knew well. Again, they had another peaceful chat and parted on amiable terms with promises to be in touch. However, luck was on his side. The storm ? which was originally supposed to last a day and a half ? extended to nearly a week. For the first days they had met up, whether by accident or design, he enjoyed each one.

Then, he ?walked through mud without checking to see if it was bantha dung or not? as Tahiri would say. He made the mistake of mentioning Hapes. The topic was apparently tabooed and someone forgot to give him the memo. That was a difficult day. Twice, he chased her down after saying something without reviewing it carefully in his head. It ended with her storming off and refusing to answer any of his calls. He felt like a teenager again.

The storm ended the next day. He was free to leave. He had gone to her apartment three times, attempting to contact her even as he was leaving the atmosphere. When he had emerged from hyperspace nearly two weeks later, there was a holo-message for him. It was from her.

She apologized for not responding to him, her squadron had been called away to help with an evacuation. His heart had pounded when he heard her next words. She invited him to dinner next time he was on planet. That was his briefest assignment to this day. Including the one where he had only been Jedi representation at the opening ceremony of a smash ball game.

His next action was to see if there were any available assignments for Mon Calamari. In fact, there were many. All having something to do with being government liaisons. He took one; anything was good so long as he was able have her near.

It was raining again when he arrived. She was waiting. They ate at the pilot?s lounge, watching the falling rain as they ate their meal. Most of the dinner was spent in awkward silence. Both chose to avoid their last topic of discussion. Until the evening nearly ended. This time, she started the conversation.

It went considerably more peaceful than the last time they tried this topic. Instead of retiring when the inn?s owner declared closing time, they went to her apartment, talked into the night, and fell asleep on the couch. For three months, they saw each other for dinner at least twice a week or more. For another month, they both denied that they were seeing each other. For five months, they were a couple. They broke up for two hours before getting back together. Now, six weeks later it all came down to th

2. ZekkSolo

ZekkSolo Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2005
    Hey whattya know, first reply. This was some really great stuff; it's nice to see the old YJK back in action -- Jacen's jokes and all. Oh, the Good Old Days, whence shall they return? Jaina actually smiling and laughing was priceless. I always felt that the reason Han was so wary of Zekk's hooking up with his little girl was because he saw so much of himself in the rogue. Excellent work.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "Ha-ku-na ma-ta-ta," Jacen repeated. "It means no worries. It's a motto."

"What's a motto?" asked a little boy who was a relative of one of Jaina and Jacen's numerous hold parents.

"Nothing. What a motto with you?" Jacen asked with a laugh.

Groan.:oops: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I love the way Zekk was the nervous nelly here. :D

4. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    I LOVE IT! TEHEHEHEHE! :D

Lol, the proposal was priceless! :)

5. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    ZekkSolo: I like to stick to the YJK books. I was one of the people who cracked up at Jacen's jokes so I had to include at least one. Personally, I just think Han doesn't want to let his daughter go. It's a common thing. I hate to think what my dad would do.

Healer_Leona: I had to put that joke in there. I don't why, but I had to. Zekk was fun to write in this. He was so nervous that I started to get a little antsy. Thanks for reading it!

DathomiranAuthor: Thank you! The proposal was fun to write. Afterwards, I kept thinking, "I made Zekk propose in a pawn shop. I can't believe I made Zekk propose in a pawn shop!"

6. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Awwww! *warm and fuzzie feelings*

That was just... just... :D Jedi_Bubbles, that was perfect!

I loved it!

The reconsiliation, how you really didn't touch on exactly what was happening but had it happen anyway, the proposal (Oh the proposal! [face_laugh]) and finally the super nervous Zekk through the whole thing,

*laughs* This was just awesome, I loved it and it's a fantasic story! Thanks for sharing, I'm glad you decided to participate!

7. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Oh, this is so cute! :D Sweet J/Z mush! I love it. :D

?Zekk, Zekk, Zekk,? Jacen said. "Hakuna matata."
    "Hakuna Mawhata?"
    "Ha-ku-na ma-ta-ta," Jacen repeated. "It means no worries. It's a motto."
    "What's a motto?" asked a little boy who was a relative of one of Jaina and Jacen's numerous hold parents.
    "Nothing. What a motto with you?" Jacen asked with a laugh.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

8. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    Jade_Max: [face_blush] Thank you! I enjoyed writing this. The proposal was fun to write.

jedi_of_ennth: Thank you for reviewing!

9. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    ?Have you ever heard of castrati? That?s what you?re going to be if you ever hurt my daughter or even thinking about hurting her. If I catch one word of her suffering while she?s married to you I?m going to?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That made my day [face_laugh]

10. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    this was really good. it started off kind of slowly, but got better and better. The wedding scene was absolutely perfect! I loved everyone's reactions, especially Han's. good job!

11. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    JediBettyBug18: I'm glad you liked it! :D Thanks for reading it.

magehound: Thank you! It did start off rather slow, I think I did that on purpose but I can't really remember right now. It was slower probably because it took me so long to write and it's so different from what I'm used to doing. The proposal and wedding scene went by fast. I had so much fun writing those. I'm happy you enjoyed it.

12. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    This was so adorable. You really did a good job with Han. He cracked me up.

13. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    ALthough I'm not a fan of Zekk and Jaina, this was great!!!!

14. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    Handmaiden_Azul: Thank you! I never think I get Han in character. It's nice to know that someone thinks otherwise.

Alishu06: Thank you! I'm happy that you enjoyed it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.