main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story idea looking for an author

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Skywalker2B, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I've stated in other posts that I'm big on continuity and stories fitting into canon. Mostly I've posted about a Kenobi story idea I have, but I also have one for Padme. However, I'm more of an "idea guy" than a writer. So, I would love to find someone that would like to put my idea into an actual story. Please either reply to this thread or PM me if you are interested.

Because there is a continuity error/conflict between the end of RotS and in RotJ when Luke asks Leia about her mother. Leia’s answer is that she remembers her mother, but that she died when she was very young. A newborn is not going to remember a parent when they are in their 20’s and beyond, but a toddler could. So, this is an idea to “fix” that continuity error.

- In the AotC novel, Yoda comments to Padme that the force is strong with her (after surviving the assassination attempt on the landing pad)
    - Perhaps she either was never tested, or was tested and declined training. Or, was tested and found not to have a midichlorian count high enough for jedi training.
    - Qui-Gon convinces the living force to revive Padme (similar to how the midi’s conceived Anakin)
    - He tells Yoda. OB1 has already left with Luke, so OB1 has no knowledge of what happens next.
    - Yoda shares Padme’s revival with Bail and they come up with a plan (which includes having a funeral to allow people to think that Padme is really dead).
    - Bail has the medical droids memory of the births and Padme’s revival erased
    - At Bail’s suggestion, Padme disguises herself as an Alderaanian and returns to Alderaan with Bail.
    - There she assumes a new name and is brought in by Bail to be Leia’s nannie (similar to the story of Moses).
    - Caution is taken to attempt to keep Padme as unrecognizable as possible. She doesn’t even let on to Leia that she is her mother.
    - Leia has a strong bond to her nanny/mother.
    - While she is glad to be able to be near her daughter, Padme is sad about not being able to see her son and sad because she believes Anakin is dead.
    - About three, or so, years later, ISB agents discover that Padme is still alive on Alderaan and report to Palpatine. They don’t know about her connection to Leia.
    - Palpatine orders the ISB to have her killed…quietly.
    - ISB agents kill Padme and make it look like an accident.
    - Leia isn’t told that the nanny was her birth mother until sometime between Ep. V and VI
    (Epilogue) Leia is using some information from R2 in her search for Han. While doing so she comes across an old bit of information…her nannie, on Alderaan, was her real mother. Upon the revelation, she tries to think back to try to remember her. She can’t remember details about the nanny’s face, but does remember some good moments with her and some of the woman’s strong feelings of loss. Before she can probe further something comes up giving her what she needed to track down Han and she puts aside her thoughts of her mother to focus on finding Han.

Mav Edit: Since I see you posted the looking for a co-author thread and you've been pointed to the plot bunny thread, I'm going to lock this thread now. The information about how plot bunnies are used is in the first post of the plot bunny thread.

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    If you want to share story ideas, you should probably put them in the Plot Bunny thread. Good idea, though.

3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  4. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Cowgirl Jedi 1701 and Chyntuck, my apologies. I had no idea what "plot bunnies" were/are, and I thought that I saw a "Looking for a Co-Author" thread the other day, but didn't see it when I was looking to post this story idea.

A few questions:

1. If someone were to pick up my plot bunny, would I know? Would I be notified that someone wrote a story with it?

2. I'm not sure if I should put this idea as a plot bunny, or look for a co-author (I'm leaning to the latter though). Does my OP lend itself more to co-author or plot bunny?

Depending on how you answer these questions, I'll repost this to one of those threads and the mod(s) can then delete this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.