main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Story time with Sey - my decision to step down

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    First off I want you all to know this hasn't been an easy decision to make. I've spent a lot of time analyzing my life over the last two months and have made some important decisions to radically change my life. I am quitting my job and taking a year off in order to figure out a Doctorate program to apply to and move on to a new stage of my life.

I want to be able to be 100% focused on figuring out my future. To do this I need to step away from my duties here. I fully intend to not step completely away from the community (I'm gunning for the Chancellorship once I figure out which school I'm going to attend.)

I promise an announcement will come soon with my replacement and it will be a seamless transition. I will be leaving you in hands better suited than my own to help lead this great community.

[:D]

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    We'll miss you. Couldn't have asked for a better co-mod. However, Dr. Horsey is too cool an idea to pass up!

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Good luck Sey!

4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh drat! Now we have to break in a new one. :p

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this forum. [face_peace]

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    [:D] Sey,

What can I say? Wait, I think I just said that. :p

Seriously, good luck in all of your future endevours. We will miss your name up top next to Jello's, but this is an adventure to good to pass on.

When you throw your hat into the ring for Chancellor you can count on my vote! (If you renounce the Dark side and come to the Lighter side of the Force! :D )

As always,

The Force will be with you. [face_peace]

6. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Good luck with your endeavors, sey! :)

Evil.

7. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I wish you the best of luck, e-daughter! [:D]

8. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Thanks for all that you have done for the boards, Horsey! You have been a great Mod, a voice of calm and reason and fairness on the boards. You have brought a sense of humor and fun here too. May the Force Be With You as you make your decisions about the future, and much good luck in your endeavors.

9. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    [:D] You'll still get your annual donation of Corran clones.

10. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Were gonna miss you so very much. You have been a great mod and I hope you are able to find the direction in your life that fulfills you. You have my thanks for your service to the Jcers. Also have my prayers for your journey.[:D]

11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you for all you have done here and as for the Chancellorship, you will have to fight someone else, I am stepping down as of today! Best of Luck for the future and if you ever need anything, you know where to find me ;)

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Good luck in your endeavors Sey, whoever follows in your footsteps here has some big shoes to fill.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Sounds like an important decision, there. Good luck with your doctorate. =D=[:D] You were a great mod. :D

14. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Best of luck for the future, Sey. You've been wonderful. Please be sure to stick around. The EU Community as a whole and the Cade thread in particular wouldn't be the same without you. [:D] [:D] :D

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, we'll not let her get away that easy. If she stopped posting altogether, we'd have to go find her and drag her back. :p

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I know where she lives!

Well, I don't.

But, I'll find out if she does vanish!

17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Should she vanish I will hunt her down for a modest fee. And I promise, no disintigrations.

18. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Sey, are you stepping down from Arena too? If not, it's advantageous because we still need someone with the capability to change the banner to a Cade one on a whim. ;)

19. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    best wishes in your pursuits, sey [:D]

20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I am completely stepping down from all board related duties. I will stay on as Arena mod until the first week of June since I'm running a game in there, but then I will be done.

21. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    sad to see it sey. hope that things go well for you. definitely hope you stick around, even if it's not as much as it was.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *whines*

Why not? O:)

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    . . . I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps there is a silver lining to all this after all.

Gee, I can see Horsey scowling all the way from here.

24. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Trace is still a mod, we're safe for getting to see the Cade banner as she can put it up for us. Speaking of that. It should go up now since the last Legacy is coming out soon. [face_batting]

25. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Good luck in all you do, Sey. You're a champ, I know you'll succeed. :) I've been busy finishing my undergraduate degree and know how tough that is. I can't imagine what a doctorate program would be like. [face_worried]

[:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.