main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Time

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Jacen_Solo3, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacen_Solo3

Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2001
    Ok, so i'm (re)writing the script for my fanfilm, and my well hath run dry. I thought it would be great if i could get a little bit of input from you all as far as characters go. So...before the story takes a hold of me completely, i need characters. What I'm looking for is for you all at your leisure (there is really NO rush for this) just give me a tiny description of a character. Good, Bad, Jedi, diplomat...it really doesn't matter, as long as there is balance. Be creative, have fun, and let me bring your ideas to life.

I'll give a little bit of set-up to get you all started, so you know what i'm looking for.

It's going to be set in the NJO. So Jedi and Vong Characters are both in bounds. it takes place away from the main action of Star by Star. (if anyone here reads them they know what i'm talking about, if you don't...it really won't matter too much.) The main action is going to revolve around a planet called Gardiit. It looks surprisingly like south east PA. so the usual citezenry are abound. two spaceports, a couple industrial centers, a library, and possibly a shipyard (i'm not 100% on that one, yet) The jedi are investiating Vong activity in and around this planet. Its going to be kinda Sherlock Holmes-ish, so anyone farmilliar with those stories will know what i'll be looking for in the way of supporting characters.

I thank you all in advance for the help, and I look forward to reading all your input.

2. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Sounds like fun.
    Trouble is, I'm totally cluesless when it comes to the races, character's and situations during this time frame.
    Do you know of any CliffNotes style web sites where I could get up to speed before offing any ideas?

Have fun!

3. Jacen_Solo3

Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2001
    Well, if you don't really plan on reading them anytime soon, you can check out the TF.N Books section http://www.theforce.net/books/reviews/novels_chrono.shtml there at the bottom is the chunk that is the New Jedi Order. There are spoilers there, so like i said, if you don't plan on reading them go for it. and even if you do plan on reading them, most of the stuff that you are going to read is common knowledge around the boards anyway...so there really shouldn't be too many surprises. and honestly...the books are really good, so the spoilers wont ruin the dynamic of the saga, just some facts about the stories.

Thanks again...and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me, i read all the current books and i know whats going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.