main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Story wise: Do we really need a Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ray243, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    Generally I'm not a Disney-is-a-ruiner hater. But PLEASE no reboot.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  2. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Need? Probably not?
    Desire? Absolutely.

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Just as we need the sun to rise and set every day, and air to breath, and water to drink, we need more and more Star Wars content. Life wouldn't seem right with out it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I can't tell you how much of withdrawals I was feeling, coming to the realization several years ago that SW was "done."

I felt like I was going to shrivel up into a little ball, that just had to "make do" with superhero movies for the next...12 years. :p

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Do I feel that we need a sequel trilogy story story rise ? No, why? because we have already a ending with RotJ and problem is, whatever the outcome of episode VII, I think it will diminish the impact of that ending.

oierem and DarthBane93 like this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We are going to have to wait until Episode 9 to get the complete picture.

DarthBane93, Flapjack4 and DARTH_BELO like this.
  8. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    This is one thing I'm really excited for. With Episode IX, they have another chance to really make an epic ending/final closing scenes for the saga up to this point...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    What would you consider "epic" ?

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or the chance to get another trilogy started like ROTS.
    Episode 7 is going to change things like all of the other movies before it have. We can't stop watching after this movie is over. Only a third of the story has been told. Well 1/7 of the story I suppose. Going to be fun.

11. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Anything...doesn't matter...Something. It's too early to speculate on that.

There's nothing wrong with me saying that.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Nothing wrong. It was just a genuine question.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  13. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Oh. :cool: Well in that case, I'd have to think about it a while...considering I have no idea what TFA is about, that seems just...so far away!!

14. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    First 6 episodes could be easily boxed as The Rise and Fall of Palpatine, as he was constantly present throughout (a constant - everything else changes - Palpatine stays). Not only that, but he was putting major events in motion, from start to finish.

Sure, he was defeated at the end, but he accomplished almost everything: absolute power, longtime rule, killed hundreds of Jedis and finally died as an old man. So yes, story wise, new pictures will prove it's not all about Palpatine plus the saga will be more balanced as a constant struggle in between the dark and the light side (which may be naive but appropriate for a family picture :D ), rather then say total dominance of a dark side with a happy ending attached to the tail end of the story.

CoolyFett likes this.
  15. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Sure we don't need a new trilogy, but I'd watch a new sequel trilogy detailing the differences between the XP-38 and X-34 land speeders if it meant more Star Wars :p

16. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    No, technically I don't think we do need them. The main reason reason for them being made is obviously money. Technically though I don't think we needed the prequels either.

To be honest while I'm not a fan of the EU, I thought like the Zahn trilogy was a really nice book end to the OT for people who really needed to have more of the characters.

I'll be surprised if the ST can match the Zahn trilogy, those were really well written.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    It's Lucas' idea on the tech situation. He created a galaxy that has had faster than light travel for more than 10,000 years. He said in that time, eventually you hit a wall to where tech really CAN'T advance much more than it already has due to the laws of physics itself.

It makes complete sense, and it's a reality faced by the tech industry today even for us since Moore's Law is no longer in effect with computer chips etc. We've hit the wall in terms of how small the geometry can get on a computer chip, so we're having to get innovative on how to make them faster and more efficient with the physical limits the industry is up against.

We can't even imagine having been at a wall for near thousands of years as the Star Wars galaxy has!

DarthLightlyBruise and Iron_lord like this.
  18. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    We don't really need it, because yeah the story of the 1-6 is done, but that does't mean it can't be done. I do however think 7 needs to kinda define itself as something new quickly since it's the start of a NEW story, and I have been worried that instead they'll just play the Nostalgia card too hard.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It wont for me the ending of ROTJ will always be the complete end of everything that happened from TPM to ESB. Disney could do anything they want it wouldnt ruin the complete saga.

20. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    The majority always wanted more Leia, Luke, and Han. If anything this ST is probably something more people would've desired after ROTJ rather than a PT that didn't involve the original cast.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  21. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    Who cares, i love star wars the more the better

22. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Yes. It is essential if Luke's (and therefore by proxy, Anakin's) complete arc and "Hero's Journey" is to be seen on screen. What we haven't seen yet is Luke's "hero's return" where he shares his knowledge, his "boon" with the people, and we see the effect his achievement has on others and the future. Essentially, we need to see Luke as the great mentor and Jedi Master. And in order to see that play out on screen, we have to have new villains and problems that challenge Luke and his allies. Thus, the Sequel Trilogy is wholly necessary.

23. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    I'm always game for more Star Wars movies, i just hope they're good ones which I'm confident they will :)

24. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    Of course we dont 'need' it...but it is hilariously obvious that a sequel trilogy, under the right direction with the right story...would rake in [raises pinkie to mouth] billions.... classic win win.

The story was complete...but that is how trilogies go...in "Three's". Captain obvious is obvious. For the Star Wars saga to be a Trilogy of Trilogies..they 'need' to make and complete this trilogy for the trifecta.

25. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    DO big oil company execs need to make more money? NO, but they still want more no matter how much they have. You can say the same thing about me with star wars:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.