main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Stranded! (A padawan and Master are stuck on a CIS-controlled planet) [UPDATED 3/19!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Solo--Wan, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Title: Stranded!
    Author: Solo--Wan
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Characters: OCs, (possibly Obi-Wan and Anakin, not sure yet).
    Summary: A padawan and her master are stranded on a planet which is soon taken over by the CIS. They must escape (obviously), and try to save any other friends they find.
    Notes:I don't plan on this but I reserve the right to do it: If something strikes my fancy, the plot may change. Nothing too significant, and you probably wouldn't even realize it if not for the summary.

Disclaimer: It's all Lucas'

------------------------------------------------
    Hallway 722, Liberty

Yeree Floatale hurried down the hallway looking for her master. She was a 15 year old human Padawan who had been assigned to the Republic Venarator-class Destroyer Liberty. They had been orbiting around the planet of Mygeeto, resting after an intense campaign there, waiting for new orders. Without warning, out of hyperspace had come two Separatist battle cruisers. The clone commander, Commander Jik, had immediately sounded all alarms in order to raise his wearied troops to battle. They surprised us. We thought we were secure?most of our fighters are being repaired, she worried. I must find Master Fen-Li. A Jedi Master may not be able to fight a war on his own, but he sure could turn the tide in a tough situation. And we are most certainly in a tough situation. She continued down the hallway to her master?s quarters, to try to hurry him. The Commander had rung the alarm several minutes ago.

She began to run, partly because she realized that walking was taking too long, but, she suspected, mostly because of her location. She was currently the hallway that was closest to the outside of the ship. And Yeree hated space-she hated the coldness, the emptiness. True, there were meters and meters of various alloyed metals between her current position and the vastness of space, true that there were also several meters from piping aside from that, but nevertheless she gave an involuntary shudder of fear of the great vacuum of space.

Calm down, she ordered herself. Fear is a path to Dark Side. Space is not there to hurt you, it just is. She tried to calm herself for a few moments before declaring it a lost cause. She continued onward.

Command Bridge, Liberty

Commander Jik looked solemnly out of the main window to the battle before him. Every few moments his eyes would flick to a computer screen which tracked numbers of friendly and enemy ships. He did not like the numbers it was showing.

Friendly: 253
    Enemy: 465

His eyes moved back to the window. Terrific explosions lit up the darkness of space in front of him. The droid forces would have outnumbered the clones? if the clones had been at operational status, but now, with so many craft in repairs after fierce fighting on Mygeeto, they were vastly outmanned. From his vantage point he could see another group of starfighters leaving the hanger. About thirty left. His eyes watched the computer intently. The number of friendlies jumped up to 279, but soon began to lower again. He frowned. The clone pilots were doing their share?more than it, he thought, but we?re so outnumbered it doesn?t matter. He turned to his first mate and called out.

?Calculate a jump. Recall all ships as fast as we can.? The first mate nodded.

At that moment the two cruisers, who were positioned one floating on top of another, did something he had never seen. All of the guns facing the republic warship, scattered over the cruiser?s various surfaces, fired. Not only that, but even the starfighters did. Normally he would have laughed?a starfighter couldn?t do a thing to a capital ship?s shields. Unfortunately, 465 of them, plus hundreds of lasers from the capital ship, could. Not only that, but they all his within a hundred feet of each other. The ship was actually moved by the force of it.

?Get me a report!? Jik yelled at the top of his lun

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Friendly: 253
    Enemy: 465

Talk about being outnumbered!

Very nice beginning. I really liked the action, although the ship carrying the Jedi didn't have much of a chance to escape.

I'm looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D==D=

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    hmmm, very interesting so far.
    I'd like to know how it goes on.

Could you send me a PM for the next update so I don't forget about it.[face_batting]

4. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Thanks for reading and replying!

Kelia

Very nice beginning. I really liked the action, although the ship carrying the Jedi didn't have much of a chance to escape.

Yeah, that Star Destroyer's taking a beating...I wouldn't want to be in it!

MsLanna

Sure thing, I'll PM you.

I'm working on the next part, so hopefully it'll be up soon.

5. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Alright, this is a bit shorter, but I think that this should be it's own post. By the way, PM me if you have constructive criticisms--I'm open to them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Command Bridge, Liberty

Commander Jik looked out through the transparisteel window at the gaping hole in the side of the Liberty. The hole was getting wider as chunks of the Liberty were sucked out into the vacuum. A transport flying by too closely was clipped in the back by a long, thick piece if steel. The force of the collision sent it into a spin. It spun out of control, into the Liberty?s interior.

It was probably impossible for the Liberty to jump now, but just to make sure?.?Q470,? he said, addressing his first mate. ?Can she still jump??

?No sir, we?d lose the ship from the hole back.?

He sighed. That was expected. And it left only one option. ?Q470, call a retreat. All forces in battle should head to the planet?s surface. Broadcast over the ship-wide comm that all personnel should make there way to escape pods.? Hopefully, many would make it to Mygeeto?s surface. Unfortunately, he had no doubt the fight would follow them. Two battle-ready CIS cruisers didn?t travel for fun, they traveled to invade.

Hallway 721, Liberty

Fen-Li was rushing toward the hangar area when he had felt a fear that he could sense belonged to his padawan. He sensed that it came from nearby, but a little closer to the outside of the ship. He made a left turn knowing that she was only a short distance away.

Suddenly the ship shook. He almost lost his footing. Stumbling, he clutched a wall, filled with concern for Yeree. He started to run at full speed. After a few more moments the ship shuddered again, this time accompanied by a deafening noise. Before he could register what it was he rounded a corner and saw what the cause of the sound was. There was a piece of ship missing. He was unable to think anything more before he felt the pull of space?s vacuum take hold of him and drag him towards out.

Hallway 722, Liberty

Yeree fell onto her back and began to slide forward. She twisted onto her left side and grabbed at the ground in vain to stop her slide to the emptiness of space. Out of the corner of her eye she saw her master fall onto his back and dragged forward.

All of a sudden a spinning republic transport crashed through the hole, spinning. It hit the floor and sent up sparks. It was bounced roughly into the air before landing again, skidding forward. For a moment she thought it would crush her and her master, but then the vacuum?s strength caught it, slowed it, and commenced to pull it backward. It?s surface had been burnt and scratched, and the door facing them had been jerked open by the force of it?s ?landing?.

Her master closed his eyes momentarily and took a deep breath. The line his body was moving in shifted slightly towards the transport?s open door. He reached into the force and sped up. Just before reaching the transport he jumped up and twirled around, landing in the transport on his feet, facing her.

She reached out with the force, tapping into it. She nudged herself into a course which would bring her into the transport with her master. She calmed herself a little more, and pushed herself forward a little faster. Before she knew it, she was at the transport?s door. She wasn?t as graceful as her master however, and her right foot hit the threshold, sending her up into the air, horizontally, twirling, and finally smashing back first into the into the far wall of the transport.

?Uuuhhhhhh? she moaned softly as she fell down to the floor of the transport. Her master swung his hand across the open door, using the force to slam it shut.

?Are you alright, Yer?? he asked, using her nickname. His voice was filled with worry.

She was in tremendous pain, but didn?t think anything was broken. She gave a weak nod.

The vacuum gave a final tug, and pulled the transport into enemy-dominated space.

6. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thanks for the pm and the update.:D
    I like the way you describe the destruction taking place. It is very visual and even I can see it happening. (I tend to have problems with ships, becaue I don't have a clue about them[face_blush] )
    Actually, i like the way you write and describe in general. It gives me the 'visuals', very good work!
    =D=

7. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Sorry for the delay, I've had a ton of homework, but hopefully the next part will be up on sunday.

8. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Alright, here it is! I'm very nervous about this, I spent a long time trying to get this right...anyway, here it is.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Space above Mygeeto

The battle above Mygeeto was winding down. The Republic forces were trying to make their way down to the planet?s surface, but were being shot down by their numerous enemies. Fire from the Liberty slowly but consistently lessened as escape pods were launched from it, evacuating its personnel. Most of the Republic fighters, bombers, and escape craft were destroyed on their way down to Mygeeto, as the Star destroyer hung silently and quietly in space.

Interior of a Republic Transport

On the floor of the transport lay a young black haired girl and two clonetroopers who had been killed. Yeree pulled herself up from beside the troopers and, a hand on her aching back, walked into the cockpit of the transport. There were two seats there, and Master Fen-Li sat in the one on the left. He indicated the seat beside him for her to sit.

?Your grace is truly amazing, my Padawan. Master Yoda could not have done it better,? he said, a faint smile on his lips.

She sat down, wincing as pain shot through her. ?You know, most masters would be helping their apprentices right now,?

?I am not most masters?

?Unfortunately for my back,? she mumbled. Out loud she said, ?So, what?s our plan??

He looked at her, surprised. Oh yeah, that?s my job, she remembered. A few assignments ago, after their mission to Ossus, he had told her that from now on she could make decisions from then on as to what their next move in any given situation would be. He would have final say, of course. She had relished in her new found authority at first, but soon began to realize how difficult it was to figure out what path to choose in their missions.

She turned to the transparisteel viewing window. They were already quite far from the Liberty, and were slowly rotating as they drifted away. She could see a squadron of ARC-170?s, the standard fighter craft, descending to the planet. They were just about the only ones though?all around them transports were being blown up, and fighter and bomber squadrons were being engulfed in bright, burning balls of fire.

?We?re getting slaughtered out there,? she said, despair growing in her heart.

He nodded in agreement and said, ?Yes, the commander has apparently called an evacuation order,? he pointed at the squadron rapidly receding into Mygeeto?s atmosphere, ?And we can only hope that most of us make it back. Our crippled vessel can?t help them all that much.? He knew what she had been going to suggest.

She nodded and sighed, turning to the task at hand. How could they escape this massacre without being noticed? She thought about it for a few minutes before speaking up. Finally she had an idea.

?I say we wait until they move to the position they will launch their invasion from, and then fly down to the surface. Or wait until we?ve floated far enough away that we won?t be caught flying on their sensors.?

He smiled. ?Good job. Let me ask you though?what if this can?t fly? It took quite a beating in the Star Destroyer, you know,?

She scowled. How could she forget something so basic? ?Run a system?s check,? then after a moment, ?A basic one. Don?t test anything manually, trust the computers. We don?t want the Separatists to pick up any electrical activity in their scanners and sensors,? she added. The scan of the ship would take an unnoticeable amount of electricity and so wouldn?t be caught by the CIS sensors.

He smiled again. ?Good thinking-you?re learning quickly.? He leaned forward and hit several buttons on his left to initiate the diagnostics. She stared at the screen where the results would show up.

After a few moments the results came back. The computer pinged loudly, accompanied by the words ?Left Ion Engine-Operational?. She smiled. Anther ping, followed by ?Targeting computers?Offline?. The results began to come back quicker now:

9. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Up. I know I shouldn't, but please read and and reply, folks![face_praying]

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_laugh] Great exchange here. Seems those two really like each other.

So the poor girl has to learn that making decisions is not all fun. Well, i guess we all do sooner or later. I like the way you wrote her thoughts about it.

And she does seem to be rather good at it, doesn't she?

Btw.[face_shame_on_you] nasty cliffhanger mesa likes not:(

11. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Thanks MsLanna for reading and repying. I hope to get the next part up tonight (or tomorrow the latest). Sorry for the delay!

12. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Here it is!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the Republic Transport

Yeree gulped nervously, trying to think of what to do. The hangar was growing steadily larger. They had little time. ?Ummm?uhh?? she began and stopped. She didn?t know what to do. The CIS vessel held over a million deactivated droids?a tiny fraction of which could easily subdue them both. That left only getting away from the transport before it entered the enemy warship?which involved somehow getting into another ship from the transport?through the medium of cold, empty space. She froze up immediately at that thought, unable to keep a clear head.

Her master was waiting, looking expectantly at her. He knew that she was grappling with her fear of space, and hoped that with a little more time she could overcome it. For almost a full minute he watched her sit still, eyes wide with fear.

Finally, a little disappointed, he spoke up. ?Come with me,? he said getting up and walking to the main hold. She followed. ?Put these clonetrooper?s armor on.? She did so, wondering what in Master Yoda?s name he was planning. She strappped on the clonetrooper-leg armor under her robes. It been cold in the transport, but suddenly her legs were warm. Puzzled, she pulled on the back-armor, then the chest, and the warmth spread. Suddenly she remembered that clonetrooper armor had insulation against extreme temperatures. But why do we need insulation? It isn?t that cold in here. Unless we?re going somewhere colder?then it hit her: They were going into space. She almost stopped moving again, but the CIS ship was so large now she could see nothing else through the viewscreen, and that prompted her onward. As she pulled on the arm and hand sections, facts flooded back to her: clone armor had a twenty minute supply of air, clones could survive in high temperatures and the freezing temperatures of deep space... She clipped her lightsaber onto her waist and pulled on the helmet, as did Fen-Li.

?Make sure the armor is sealed,? her master?s voice crackled through the comm in her helmet. ?We don?t want your air sucked out,?

She shuddered involuntarily. She couldn?t see his face through his mask, but she bitterly guessed he was smiling. ?Now what?? she asked.

He turned and grabbed the hatch handle. ?Grab your piton cord,? he instructed. She did. ?Come,? she came and he grabbed her around the waste. ?You may want to hold on,? he cautioned and flung open the hatch.

There was a great wooshing sound and they were sucked out. She grabbed him tighter around his neck. ?What are you doing?? She yelled.

He didn?t answer. Instead he turned his head and surveyed the scene around them. Several ships passed by harmlessly, taking them for dead troopers. Finally, an extremely battered-looking one passed by beneath them at a slow, limping pace. Fen-Li pointed his piton at a passing CIS bomber. ?On the count of three, fire!? He replied.

She let go with one hand and fumbled with it. ?One,? he started. She aimed. ?Two,? her finger rested on the release button. ?Three!? he yelled. She pressed on the button and the piton, followed by a cord attached to her right arm?s armor, shot out.

Fen-Li?s reached first, and Yeree expected the shields to bounce it off, foiling whatever her master?s plan was, but the bomber was more damaged than she thought: both their pitons sank into the metal. Before she could express her surprise she and her master were yanked forward, the sudden jolt knocking her breath out.

?It didn?t look like it was moving that fast,? she gasped.

?Looks can be deceiving. Judge Master Yoda by is size, will you?? he said over the comm in an imitation of Yoda?s voice. She laughed. ?Come climb down to the ship,? he said as he began pulling himself along the cord towards the ship. She followed his lead, but she was slower than he, and by the time he reached the ship she was only halfway there. He lay flat on the top of the bomber, with one hand on the piton cord to hold himself down and with hi

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    :eek: Seems those two go directly from the frying pan into the fire.
    But clever writing. You are maing good use of the resources.=D= (I wouldn't have thought of clone-trooper uniforms either.)

I like the PoV of Yeree. It's easy to identify with and she's such a nice girl.[face_blush] Considereing the setup for the story she might have to frow up pretty fast now...

And Fant -- wonder if he appears again. But then I'm prejudiced to think all threads of a story will come together in the end.:oops:

Um. Did I mention I like you descriptions? They are wonderfully detailed, and you never kow which detail it is, that you later exploit. I like that very much.
    =D= :D =D=

Waiting for more.:cool:

14. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Seems those two go directly from the frying pan into the fire.

Yeah.*looks guilty*

(I wouldn't have thought of clone-trooper uniforms either.)

I'll tell her so she won't feel bad.[face_laugh]

And Fant -- wonder if he appears again. But then I'm prejudiced to think all threads of a story will come together in the end.

Maybe. You'll have to keep reading to find out...

15. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Don't cross your fingers, but there might be a new post on Sunday afternoon. Just want to keep you updated on my progress!

16. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Mygeeto

Yeree and Master Fen-Li both hit the snow-covered ground at the same time and rolled, head over heels, to kill their momentum. Above them, the hijacked bomber blew up in a blinding flash of fire, unable to hold together under the droid starfighters? attacks. Finally, they stopped rolling. Together they stood and looked around. All around them lay snow about two feet deep. Where there was no snow, there was ice. In the distance, through he frozen trees were huge walls of ice pocked with large caves, and in those caves lived the one of the planet?s most dangerous creatures?the giant Mygeetian ice-worms. She had never seen one, nor had any desire too; she had heard enough stories, noticed enough disappearances in the middle of campaigns. She shuddered and pushed the thoughts out of her mind and replaced them with thoughts about the snow they were in.

?Wonderful. More snow,? she commented while shaking the snow off her robes. She took off her clonetrooper helmet and dropped it on the ground. The planet was cold, but the thick Jedi robes could keep her warm enough. She started to pull off the pieces of clone-armor. Fen-Li considered, and then did the same.

?Hmmm,? he mused, a slight grin on his face, ?I seem to remember a certain Padawan not being able to keep quiet about finally getting to see snow,?

?Well that was before I spent 5 months walking, fighting, and sleeping in it,? she mumbled.

The Master smiled and then shut his eyes for a moment, concentrating. After a few seconds he pointed to his right. ?The nearest Republic base is a few days in this direction. Let?s go there, and see if they?ve got anything that can provide inter-planetary transportation. Or at least get a message out to the Republic about our situation,?

His apprentice nodded, and as he started walking, she followed. After several minutes of silence, the Jedi Master took a breath and spoke in a stern voice. ?Padawan, what happened up there??

She tried the innocent-student tactic, knowing full well what he meant. ?What do you mean, Master?? she asked, wide eyed, looking curiously--at least she hoped she looked curious--at him.

?Yer, don?t play dumb. What happened on the transport??

She sighed, subdued. Drat. ?I got scared?not of the droids, but because I realized that we would have to get out of the transport, and into??she gulped, trying to remember that she was safely on the planet--well maybe not safely, but on the planet, at any rate-- ?Space. I couldn?t think, I froze up. But I tried. Really,? Even to herself, though, the words didn?t sound good. Sure, she?d tried, she always had, but if she couldn?t cross the threshold between trying and doing, what kind of Jedi could she be? Yoda had a saying, Do or do not, there is no try. Trying simply wasn?t enough, after a while. Eventually one had to do.

?I know you did. But?perhaps you should practice some calming-meditation techniques. If you had been alone up there,? his voice went soft, ?you might have been killed.?

?It?s not easy to ignore fear--? she began by way of excuse, but her master cut her off.

?I have fears too, Yer. Everyone does. Fears-or a lack of them-doesn?t make a Jedi, it?s how you deal with them that counts.?

She was silent. What could she say to that? ?Alright,? she said quietly. To her surprise he stopped right there and dropped into a cross legged position on the icy ground. ?Master?? she asked, confused.

?Sit. I will teach you an exercise to help you stay calm,? he replied.

?But the Seperatists, they might be landing their droids as we speak! We?ve got to find a way off-planet!?

?Scared?? was her master?s only response, eyebrows raised, another faint grin about his mouth.

?No, just--?

He stood up. ?It?s fine, I understand, those droids are quite?scary.?

She growled angrily. When he put it like that? ?Fine,? she sat.

?Close your eyes and relax. Breath deeply,? he instructed, and she followed. ?There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Finally they are on firm ground. *phew*
    I think Yeree is as happy as I am, with her fear of space. Not that a snow--covered world would be much warmer.
    *gets hot cocoa before reading on*

?Wonderful. More snow,? she commented while shaking the snow off her robes. She took off her clonetrooper helmet and dropped it on the ground. The planet was cold, but the thick Jedi robes could keep her warm enough. She started to pull off the pieces of clone-armor. Fen-Li considered, and then did the same.
    Um, when is she taking of the armour now? *is confused*
    But I wholeheartedly share her (lacking) enthusiasm for the snow....[face_plain]

She tried the innocent-student tactic, knowing full well what he meant. ?What do you mean, Master?? she asked, wide eyed, looking curiously--at least she hoped she looked curious--at him. [face_laugh] She's trying to talk her way around a Jadi Mster. Serves her right to have to meditate in the middle of snowy nowhere.
    I like Fen-Li, seems to be etent Master, taking no nonsense.

Um, they are not going to try to get into a base full of droids, are they? [face_worried] There sure are other communcations stations around....
    Wonder how they will do it. [face_thinking]

Btw, did they get not even cold feet?
    Man, wished I was a Jedi, too. [face_envy]

Last question, do those ♦ ♦ ♦ have a meaning I don't get? If it's something important/funny I'd like to know.[face_batting]

Maybe. You'll have to keep reading to find out...
    Yeah? Yeah, you think so????
    Ok, you're right. So I'll read on.
    But don't you dare stopping right in the middle now. I know your screen name! I can PM you!!!
    *hopes to appear properly threatening*:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.